Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bobbins2Debt
    • By Bobbins2Debt 14th Jan 20, 9:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bobbins2Debt
    Defaulted in 2010 and 2019 - same debt
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:05 PM
    Defaulted in 2010 and 2019 - same debt 14th Jan 20 at 9:05 PM
    Hi all

A bit of a long story this so will keep it short as possible. In 2009 we came across hard times and got defaults on loads of credit card debts. In 2010, Barclaycard (under Mercers) issued me with a default under two credit cards - I have the paperwork in front of me now. The debts for the two Barclaycards were then passed onto Link Financial.

Last year (2019), Link Financial issued me with defaults again for the debt that was sold to them from Barclays. This is a pain as all the defaults had fallen off my file.

Question, were Link allowed to do this or am I worth writing off to the three credit reference agencies and raising a dispute?

Many thanks in advance.

Bobbins
Page 1
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 14th Jan 20, 9:20 PM
    • 649 Posts
    • 605 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:20 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:20 PM
    This may help

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6026669&highlight=default+same+de bt
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 14th Jan 20, 9:23 PM
    • 19,125 Posts
    • 18,050 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:23 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:23 PM
    No they canít do that.
    CRA canít help you.
    Written complaint to the creditor.

Accounts can only default once.

If not satisfied after exhausting their complaints process, then escalate to the ICO.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    • Bobbins2Debt
    • By Bobbins2Debt 14th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bobbins2Debt
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    Many thanks for that middleclassbutpoor. I think I saw that thread - I did multiple searches before posting but from what I saw I couldn't tell whether anyone had had luck with a debt where the default had fallen off and had then been defaulted again.

Many thanks sourcrates. I thought the CRA was the place to start - obviously not. Saved me some time then there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,763Posts Today

6,773Users online

Martin's Twitter