Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • franbod
    • By franbod 14th Jan 20, 8:41 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    franbod
    Currys won’t replace faulty TV
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:41 PM
    Currys won’t replace faulty TV 14th Jan 20 at 8:41 PM
    Hi guys,
    I’m hoping someone can advise if the below is correct and if I have any rights to protect me from paying Currys extra money for a TV.

We purchased our TV during Black Friday 2019. It had some faults and after doing some system reboots and the like, Currys said the TV would need to be looked at to be repaired.

Sadly, the part needed to repair the TV is discontinued so they have sent us a voucher for the original purchase price (Ł199).
    The TV is no longer this price and is Ł230. Currys have said if we want a replacement, we will have to pay the extra for the same TV (which is currently in stock).

Is this legal (seems very dodgy for a 2 month old TV. I presume the 1 year warranty applies?
    If this is the case, can we request a cash refund instead of a voucher for Currys as we can get the TV on AO for Ł199 still?
    There is no product of same spec at the price of Ł199 currently on sale at Currys.

Any advise would be great as we feel like we are being forced to spend more money at Currys when they sold us a faulty product.
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 14th Jan 20, 8:47 PM
    • 8,697 Posts
    • 8,595 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:47 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:47 PM
    Yes it's legal ... they've offered a remedy within the law. The only difference is that you can demand the refund to the same method as payment - you do not have to accept a refund in store credit (vouchers).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • franbod
    • By franbod 14th Jan 20, 8:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    franbod
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:56 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:56 PM
    Thank you. We will take the cash! really appreciate the advise. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 14th Jan 20, 9:52 PM
    • 8,697 Posts
    • 8,595 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:52 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:52 PM
    Did you pay in cash? If you paid by debit card then you'll need to take the card with you for the payment to be returned to it.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter