Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dubs2020
    • By dubs2020 14th Jan 20, 8:17 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dubs2020
    Notice of Debt Recovery
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:17 PM
    Notice of Debt Recovery 14th Jan 20 at 8:17 PM
    Hi
    I have received not one but 3 letters from DCBL. The letter is entitled 'Notice of Debt Recovery'
    Each letter shows 3 different dates for the same car park with each amount being 100 plus fees total of 160.
    I received all three letter on the same day and this is the first time I have heard anything about it. I received no windscreen tickets or previous letters.
    These letters were forwarded from my previous address. I had apparently not had my address changed with DVLA at the time they checked.
    I am inclined to just call them and say the person does not live at this address.
    Any advice please?
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jan 20, 8:28 PM
    • 26,824 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:28 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:28 PM
    nope

you should do 2 things

email a SAR to the DPO at the parking company , to get all your data , and issue a data rectification notice to that same DPO to get your details updated and old address erased

then write to DCBL telling them to place it on hold pending debt management advice

see post #2 and post #5 of the newbies sticky thread for explanations
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • dubs2020
    • By dubs2020 14th Jan 20, 8:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dubs2020
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:45 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:45 PM
    Thank you Redx
    Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to find an explanation of the abbreviations used?
    Thank you
    • BrownTrout
    • By BrownTrout 14th Jan 20, 8:53 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    BrownTrout
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:53 PM
    DCBL will not update your address , even when instructed by the parking firm.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jan 20, 8:53 PM
    • 26,824 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    Thank you Redx
    Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to find an explanation of the abbreviations used?
    Thank you
    Originally posted by dubs2020
    I already did

post #5 of that NEWBIES thread you should have read and digested before posting , please read post #5 for explanations , then post #2 about LBC replies and SAR requests

thank you
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • dubs2020
    • By dubs2020 14th Jan 20, 8:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dubs2020
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:57 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:57 PM
    I am sorry but I don't know where to find posts 2 and 5 not at all sure where you mean
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jan 20, 8:59 PM
    • 26,824 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:59 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:59 PM
    top of this forum , third thread down , use a laptop , not a phone

this site wont work properly on a phone, ok on tablet, IPAD or laptop
    Newbies !!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Jan 20, 9:04 PM
    • 19,626 Posts
    • 25,050 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:04 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:04 PM
    I am sorry but I don't know where to find posts 2 and 5 not at all sure where you mean
    Go back to that screen where you found the New Thread button earlier.

The thread you are looking for is one of the first four threads - it has the word NEWBIES in its title.

You are being asked to read the second and fifth posts in that thread.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jan 20, 9:40 PM
    • 8,749 Posts
    • 12,224 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:40 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:40 PM
    Hi
    I have received not one but 3 letters from DCBL. The letter is entitled 'Notice of Debt Recovery'
    Each letter shows 3 different dates for the same car park with each amount being 100 plus fees total of 160.
    I received all three letter on the same day and this is the first time I have heard anything about it. I received no windscreen tickets or previous letters.
    These letters were forwarded from my previous address. I had apparently not had my address changed with DVLA at the time they checked.
    I am inclined to just call them and say the person does not live at this address.
    Any advice please?
    Many thanks
    Is this about really old tickets, circa 5 years old?
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,101Posts Today

6,600Users online

Martin's Twitter