Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Squarepeg72
    • By Squarepeg72 14th Jan 20, 4:55 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Squarepeg72
    New business insurance with ccjs
    • 14th Jan 20, 4:55 PM
    New business insurance with ccjs 14th Jan 20 at 4:55 PM
    So I've got a ccj of about 8k to a credit card, it's over 2 years old, the debt significantly older.

I was gifted some cash before xmas by a relative (500) which I have used to build stock for a craft type business. I have a full time job but basically live to the last dime every month with no spare pennies.
    This little business has potential but I need product and public liability insurance. Other people making similar say they pay about 60pa. Because of the ccj, Im not being accepted and the one that did has quoted over 300pa

Does anybody know any insurers who offer reasonable insurance for start ups?

The only debt I have is to a couple of old credit cards, I dont have a mortgage, I've paid everything else off, have regular direct debits for everything else like car, phone, tv etc
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 15th Jan 20, 1:42 AM
    • 40,425 Posts
    • 37,929 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 15th Jan 20, 1:42 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 1:42 AM
    Could be worth approaching an insurance broker?
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
    • Squarepeg72
    • By Squarepeg72 15th Jan 20, 4:22 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Squarepeg72
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:22 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:22 AM
    Hi sue, direct line passed me onto one. Should I try another or are they just the same?
    I know it doesnt sound much but its 5x more that other people pay. How is anyone supposed to get out of debt? I'm not even asking for monthly payments!
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 15th Jan 20, 1:36 PM
    • 40,425 Posts
    • 37,929 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 15th Jan 20, 1:36 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 1:36 PM
    I'd say yes, definitely worth trying another. You may not get anywhere - CCJs may be a bit of a red flag for certain types of insurance - but you won't know unless you try.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,926Posts Today

4,798Users online

Martin's Twitter