Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hayley1512
    • By Hayley1512 14th Jan 20, 4:21 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hayley1512
    PCN from Newquay
    • 14th Jan 20, 4:21 PM
    PCN from Newquay 14th Jan 20 at 4:21 PM
    We went on holiday over new year to Newquay. The apartment came with an allocated parking bay (with a permit). However after a few days we received 2 PCNs. We sent a letter appealing these as although the permit wasnít visible we were able to show proof that we had a permit, a key fob and the access code to the garage which was underground parking and sent proof that we were staying in the apartment for the week. The parking company have refused Saying retrospective proof will not be accepted. Is there anything we can do about this or do we just pay?

Many thanks for any help
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 20, 4:24 PM
    • 80,775 Posts
    • 95,442 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jan 20, 4:24 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 4:24 PM
    Welcome.

Have you missed reading the NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST thread? It answers all your questions and shows how to appeal and complain properly.

Which PPC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Hayley1512
    • By Hayley1512 15th Jan 20, 7:23 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hayley1512
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:23 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:23 AM
    I did read that yes but found it a bit overwhelming. Company is Armtrac security services registered with IPC. I didnít come across these forums until Iíd already written to them appealing. They rejected the appeal in hours. Didnít know whether to just ignore now or not. Iíve clearly proved to them that I was entitled to park there and think two £100 fines is unfair. Just donít want to land myself with an even bigger fine Iíd I donít pay
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 20, 9:07 AM
    • 6,299 Posts
    • 8,355 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:07 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:07 AM
    It isnt a fine

Sorry, but its there for a reason. Read it. Slowly if needed, but dont expect us to repeat it here.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jan 20, 9:31 AM
    • 16,422 Posts
    • 17,364 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:31 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:31 AM
    The parking company have refused Saying retrospective proof will not be accepted.

A judge is very likely to take a different view. I would invite them to try their luck in court.

It is not a fine, it is an invoice from an ex-clamper to compensate them for the alleged harm they suffered when you did what you did. We call it a scam. Pay them not a penny unless a judge so orders it.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • TheOpportunist
    • By TheOpportunist 15th Jan 20, 9:33 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    TheOpportunist
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:33 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:33 AM
    Was their first contact via a notice on your car (notice to driver) or was it sent to the registered keepers address (notice to keeper)?

What was the date of the incident, the date on the notice(s)?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jan 20, 9:36 AM
    • 41,885 Posts
    • 92,827 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:36 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:36 AM
    What happened when the vehicle keeper complained to the apartment owner and the booking company if one was used?

Was the driver's identity revealed when the keeper appealed?

Has the keeper complained you to their MP?

If the owner won't cancel the charge then leave negative feedback on social media etcetera to warn others about the scam being operated at this site.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 3:05 AM
    • 80,775 Posts
    • 95,442 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:05 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:05 AM
    I did read that yes but found it a bit overwhelming.
    The subject is overwhelming! You just need to read the bits relating to your stage.

We can't repeat the basics for every poster, where the NEWBIES thread already answers these FAQs. You need to take the pressure off us and read what we provide here, and you will be GLAD we answer basic stuff like this (and don't get bogged down in 'nothing to see here' basic appeal stages where all are rejected) when you REALLY need us later!

That's why I wrote the NEWBIES thread, or we would have drowned under the weight of 'Heelllllpp! What do I do?'' threads six years ago!

Company is Armtrac
    Simple advice - search the forum for Armtrac as your keyword and watch them lose in court again and again, as reported here, and then do the same yourself (yes, you can, at your local court and it is FUN!) with our help, when you get your inevitable court claim.

NO-ONE PAYS.

THAT'S SERIOUSLY LETTING THE SIDE DOWN AND FUNDING A SCAM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Hayley1512
    • By Hayley1512 16th Jan 20, 9:10 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hayley1512
    • 16th Jan 20, 9:10 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 9:10 AM
    Thank you all for your help. Iíll have another read through the post. I was at work at the time and panicked. My husband said to just pay it and lesson learned but I disagree. The tickets were 29/30 December both early morning about 7.30. Holiday company wonít help say itís our responsibility. I guess I just wanted someone to tell me it is worth fighting and is winnable! Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,072Posts Today

6,719Users online

Martin's Twitter