Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lin49
    • By lin49 13th Jan 20, 7:17 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lin49
    Now Broadband
    • 13th Jan 20, 7:17 PM
    Now Broadband 13th Jan 20 at 7:17 PM
    Anyone have Now Broadband as their provider? Did you have any problems setting up or since.
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 14th Jan 20, 12:19 PM
    • 4,110 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 14th Jan 20, 12:19 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 12:19 PM
    I was with them for 12 months.

I thought they were very good
    • Farway
    • By Farway 14th Jan 20, 2:09 PM
    • 7,966 Posts
    • 16,328 Thanks
    Farway
    • 14th Jan 20, 2:09 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 2:09 PM
    I moved to them beginning of November, no problems at all in setting up, a slight delay / drop outs on the first day but OK since then
    • phoenix1837
    • By phoenix1837 15th Jan 20, 12:05 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    phoenix1837
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:05 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:05 PM
    I'm with them, have been for quite sometime now as I'm on a rolling monthly contract which is the best if renting (like I am), moved house and took it with me and had a slight delay in being reconnected but all in all they've been good. I have the Fab Fibre and have my tv through that, two mobile phones, laptop, tablet, X box and my son is an avid online gamer. Never had any drop outs.
    • PMW
    • By PMW 17th Jan 20, 6:19 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PMW
    • 17th Jan 20, 6:19 PM
    • 17th Jan 20, 6:19 PM
    I've just looked up the reviews on them, as I also am thinking of switching. They are not good, but it could be that it's mostly the people with complaints who post on these sites, whereas satisfied customers might not bother to post. If you check out the Broadband.co.uk site (not allowed to post the link here).
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 17th Jan 20, 8:12 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 977 Thanks
    nickcc
    • 17th Jan 20, 8:12 PM
    • 17th Jan 20, 8:12 PM
    Switched about 12 months ago for landline free calls and fibre to cabinet. Pay app £25 per month and get speeds app 32mbps. They guarantee 36 Mbps so I could cancel if I wanted but why bother when I get more or less what I wanted.
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 22nd Jan 20, 7:44 AM
    • 808 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Boohoo
    • 22nd Jan 20, 7:44 AM
    • 22nd Jan 20, 7:44 AM
    Switched about 12 months ago for landline free calls and fibre to cabinet. Pay app £25 per month and get speeds app 32mbps. They guarantee 36 Mbps so I could cancel if I wanted but why bother when I get more or less what I wanted.
    Originally posted by nickcc
    I switched to them last year and I am now in my last month of a min 12 month contract.

There are lots of January deals about so I have been looking out for them and seeing what the prices are like.

I am on Super fibre and anytime calls for £30 pm.

Yesterday I got an email saying " I will pay the new lower price when my offer ends" but when you drill down I will be paying £35 for just fibre and then £9 for anytime calls.

The "new" price without discount is £43.99 pm.
    The way the email states the prices will be displayed are,

NOW TV Super Fibre
    £26
    Line Rental
    £17.99
    Total
    £43.99
    And here’s how your broadband package will now look on your monthly bill when your offer ends:
    NOW TV Super Fibre
    £35
    Line Rental
    £0
    Total
    £35

Very creative with the prices I think.

Sky have an offer for £25 pm including all calls I think but you have to have not been with them for 12 or more months but I left them 11 months ago.
    • Bugs B
    • By Bugs B 22nd Jan 20, 8:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bugs B
    • 22nd Jan 20, 8:38 AM
    • 22nd Jan 20, 8:38 AM
    I was with them for twelve months, no issues. I have just switched the Post Office as they were slightly cheaper
    Richard
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 22nd Jan 20, 9:27 AM
    • 5,075 Posts
    • 2,995 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 22nd Jan 20, 9:27 AM
    • 22nd Jan 20, 9:27 AM
    I switched to them last year and I am now in my last month of a min 12 month contract.

There are lots of January deals about so I have been looking out for them and seeing what the prices are like.

I am on Super fibre and anytime calls for £30 pm.

Yesterday I got an email saying " I will pay the new lower price when my offer ends" but when you drill down I will be paying £35 for just fibre and then £9 for anytime calls.

The "new" price without discount is £43.99 pm.
    The way the email states the prices will be displayed are,

NOW TV Super Fibre
    £26
    Line Rental
    £17.99
    Total
    £43.99
    And here’s how your broadband package will now look on your monthly bill when your offer ends:
    NOW TV Super Fibre
    £35
    Line Rental
    £0
    Total
    £35

Very creative with the prices I think.

Sky have an offer for £25 pm including all calls I think but you have to have not been with them for 12 or more months but I left them 11 months ago.
    Originally posted by Boohoo
    I'm on Fab Fibre + Calls and got a similar email yesterday. When I read the initial couple of lines I was hoping they were going to offer the same deal for another 12/18 months so saving a call to them, ahh well.

I can't see what you think is 'creative' about it? They've decided to use a total price rather than split it into BB & line rental and it's not like the total you pay is hidden.

Mine is :-

Here’s how your broadband package would’ve looked on your monthly bill at the end of your offer before this change:

NOW TV Fab Fibre £18
    Line Rental £17.99
    Total £35.99

NOW TV Fab Fibre £32
    Line Rental £0
    Total £32
    I'm currently paying £25 which includes the calls package but strangely the email doesn't mention their costs and clicking through doesn't seem to have anything either? Where was the £9 mentioned?
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 22nd Jan 20, 11:53 AM
    • 808 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Boohoo
    I'm on Fab Fibre + Calls and got a similar email yesterday. When I read the initial couple of lines I was hoping they were going to offer the same deal for another 12/18 months so saving a call to them, ahh well.

I can't see what you think is 'creative' about it? They've decided to use a total price rather than split it into BB & line rental and it's not like the total you pay is hidden.

I'm currently paying £25 which includes the calls package but strangely the email doesn't mention their costs and clicking through doesn't seem to have anything either? Where was the £9 mentioned?
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Creative as start of the breakdown it says super fibre £26 + £17.99 line rental equals £43.99 but the new price is super fibre £35.00 and £00.00 line rental all for £35.00 pm so having free line rental makes your fibre broadband cost more than if you pay line rental. So fibre for £26 plus rental as opposed to fibre at £35 and no rental. It maybe the way NOW Broadband have setup the email as 1 month ago I got and email from them saying my fibre deal with them was expiring on the 31/12/2019 and I will now pay full price.

I see you are on Fab fibre and I am on Super.

I have my deal till late Feb so they must have made a big mistake as when I contacted them they said these emails were sent out to loads of the wrong clients.

For the £9 for anytime calls that is /will be extra after the deal in Feb finishes so if I/you carry on with NOW then the £9 will extra on top of the £35 for Super fibre.

I think it's £9 but then I maybe thinking of Sky but I am sure NOW is not that far from the price.
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 22nd Jan 20, 12:03 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Boohoo
    I have checked NOW broadband and it says extra £8 for anytime package and there is a link below about the new fibre packages as the new prices for new customers changes(reduced) but existing customers will stay paying what they pay now until the end of their contract.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-and-calls-package-changes
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 22nd Jan 20, 1:01 PM
    • 5,075 Posts
    • 2,995 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Creative as start of the breakdown it says super fibre £26 + £17.99 line rental equals £43.99 but the new price is super fibre £35.00 and £00.00 line rental all for £35.00 pm so having free line rental makes your fibre broadband cost more than if you pay line rental. So fibre for £26 plus rental as opposed to fibre at £35 and no rental. It maybe the way NOW Broadband have setup the email as 1 month ago I got and email from them saying my fibre deal with them was expiring on the 31/12/2019 and I will now pay full price.

I see you are on Fab fibre and I am on Super.

I have my deal till late Feb so they must have made a big mistake as when I contacted them they said these emails were sent out to loads of the wrong clients.

For the £9 for anytime calls that is /will be extra after the deal in Feb finishes so if I/you carry on with NOW then the £9 will extra on top of the £35 for Super fibre.

I think it's £9 but then I maybe thinking of Sky but I am sure NOW is not that far from the price.
    Lol, sorry but it's you being 'creative' there, that's pure nonsense.

If yours runs out at the end of Feb then it's perfectly timed for you and again, I can't see why you find that wrong in some way. How many BB companies actually do tell you when your deal is coming to an end.
    • GS..
    • By GS.. 22nd Jan 20, 1:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    GS..
    I've been with them for 3 months no problem. It's Sky so I don't expect any
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 22nd Jan 20, 4:23 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Boohoo

If yours runs out at the end of Feb then it's perfectly timed for you and again, I can't see why you find that wrong in some way. How many BB companies actually do tell you when your deal is coming to an end.
    Please show/explain my nonsense.

The link I put in says that NOW broadband are changing the way they layout their bills.

Did you look at the link?

Do telecoms firms have to tell customers when their contract is up now or is that not happening now?
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 22nd Jan 20, 4:33 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Boohoo

Here you go Colin.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/firms-must-tell-you-about-best-deals
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 22nd Jan 20, 4:52 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 977 Thanks
    nickcc

Had a similar email a coupe of days ago which implies a saving on my current monthly payment when my contract expires in May. What the new price doesn't include is the previous discount I received when I joined NOW which also brought the price down to £25 per month for Fibre to cabinet and anytime calls. The comparison I did shows the cheapest switch would be to SKY at just over £25 or another couple of suppliers at just over £26 if SKY won't accept me as a new customer as I'm with NOW. Looks like I'll be switching unless NOW offer the previous discount.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 22nd Jan 20, 4:54 PM
    • 5,075 Posts
    • 2,995 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Please show/explain my nonsense.

The link I put in says that NOW broadband are changing the way they layout their bills.

Did you look at the link?

Do telecoms firms have to tell customers when their contract is up now or is that not happening now?
    If you need me to explain why it's nonsense that they're reducing the full price (not that anyone should be paying that) and yet you've decided it's a 'creative way' to hide a price rise then there's no hope for you.

I'll give you the new Ofcom rules as I'd forgotten about them, you do agree it's a good thing I presume?
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 22nd Jan 20, 4:57 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    I joined NOW TV last year. The actual broadband and calls are okay, a few instances of no broadband but nothing major. We are on the Super Fibre package which works okay for us. We have at least ten devices hooked up to it (phones/computers/tablets) and don't have any issues with it.

However, NOW TV's customer service is absolutely the worst I've ever come across, bar none. The staff are really unpleasant and blame the customer at all times and will do nothing to help with problems, except fob you off with dreadful excuses.

The biggest issue I had was when I wanted to transfer the service over to a new home. They did not tell me that the service at the old property would be terminated the day after I rang them to switch the service (ten days before I was due to get the keys to the new house) so I had no internet for ten days. I know, first world problem but incredibly inconvenient as I do all of my banking, etc., online. If that wasn't an issue enough, they also decided to change my telephone number. For absolutely no reason whatsoever. When I complained about the phone number change I was basically told "tough". The attitude of the CS department was just awful.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Ever. Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more, knowing that the more expensive alternatives have better customer service.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 22nd Jan 20, 5:01 PM
    • 5,075 Posts
    • 2,995 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Had a similar email a coupe of days ago which implies a saving on my current monthly payment when my contract expires in May. What the new price doesn't include is the previous discount I received when I joined NOW which also brought the price down to £25 per month for Fibre to cabinet and anytime calls. The comparison I did shows the cheapest switch would be to SKY at just over £25 or another couple of suppliers at just over £26 if SKY won't accept me as a new customer as I'm with NOW. Looks like I'll be switching unless NOW offer the previous discount.
    There's no implication at all, they're stating a fact that they've reduced the full price. Why would they include your discount which is ending and is the reason they're letting you know what your payments are going up to?

Sky and NowTV may be related but they're treated as separate companies so you'll be a new customer for Sky's purposes. My Sky TV discounts end at the same time as my NowTV at the start of April so I'll see if Sky are interested in getting me back on quad play although my mobile is disconnected from the TV package now.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; Yesterday at 5:01 PM. Reason: typo
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 22nd Jan 20, 5:02 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Boohoo
    I looked at Sky's offer as they do fast fibre which was the same speed as Super fibre on NOW broadband. I was with Sky on the 40/10 speed and they upgraded me to 80/20 speed free as the broadband system was upgraded but when I went over to NOW I paid an extra £5 for higher speed.

With Sky's offer now it mentioned that a customer must have left Sky 12 or more months ago to get the offer but I left 11 months and a few days so that rules me out.

It is still a good offer though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

30Posts Today

3,408Users online

Martin's Twitter