Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 13th Jan 20, 1:31 PM
    • 288Posts
    • 531Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    ParkingEye Invalid POPLA code (Double Dip
    • 13th Jan 20, 1:31 PM
    ParkingEye Invalid POPLA code (Double Dip 13th Jan 20 at 1:31 PM
    Hi all,
    I am helping a colleague with a PE double dip situation.

The initial appeal was rejected (before he got me involved), and PE have sent the rejection letter with POPLA code via email.

So quick chat with colleague to complain to the fast food outlet and tell them to get it cancelled, in the meantime I will get going on the POPLA appeal.

So checked the code on parking cowboys and got the following:

You have missed the deadline to appeal!
    Your deadline was on the Wed Feb 10 2010
    Your deadline passed 3624 day(s) ago
    Grounds for complaint
    This code was generated 3652 day(s) before the date of your appeal rejection letter. This means that you have not been given the full 28 days to appeal that you are entitled to under the British Parking Association's Code of Practice. Please consider making a complaint.

Anybody seen anything like this before?

TIA Bluetoffee
    Last edited by bluetoffee1878; 21-01-2020 at 8:09 AM. Reason: New title
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jan 20, 1:38 PM
    • 8,027 Posts
    • 9,121 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 13th Jan 20, 1:38 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 1:38 PM
    I believe there were some issue last week with invalid codes. Your colleague could try contacting PE (by e-mail) asking for a valid code but warn him to be careful not to say who was driving or try a complaint to BPA Gemma Dorrans or Steve Clark.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 20, 2:37 PM
    • 80,775 Posts
    • 95,442 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jan 20, 2:37 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 2:37 PM
    No-one uses the Parking Cowboys code checker, or their website, as so much is out of date. And they did themselves no favours by continuing to carry a really onerous link to a horribly aggressive parking appeals firm for far too long, despite receiving loads of complaints and knowing all about the issues with the people left 'running' it.

So they lost too many brownie points and the website isn't much use now. Clearly it suffers from the same glitch POPLA had, that they've now put right.

Test the code on POPLA instead but don't actually put any data in. That's fine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BLUE TOFFEE1878 - your lot got 3 points off my lot at the weekend but no hard feelings!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-01-2020 at 8:38 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 14th Jan 20, 7:03 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:03 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:03 AM
    Thanks CM, I didn't realise about the parking cowboys website. I used it just before Christmas for another appeal I've got going on and it seemed to work.

Anyway, did as you suggested on the POPLA website and it appears valid.

I've also suggested to my colleague that he should have an app on his phone which logs journeys amongst other things from the vehicle manufacturer which would be good evidence of the obvious double dip.

Happy new year to you also CM and apologies for the mighty blues, good game I thought both teams. Best of luck against Villa on Saturday.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Jan 20, 10:13 AM
    • 16,422 Posts
    • 17,364 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:13 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:13 AM
    Some Reading

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5550336

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5972164

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jan 20, 10:19 AM
    • 26,826 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:19 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:19 AM
    A nextlane dashcam is also a good idea especially if they do journeys commercially or as a job , a phone tracker tracks the phone , not the person or vehicle

People who insure and have a black box fitted have possible vehicle tracking information

Good luck with this quest and welcome back
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Castle
    • By Castle 14th Jan 20, 11:44 AM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 3,547 Thanks
    Castle
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:44 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:44 AM
    A nextlane dashcam is also a good idea especially if they do journeys commercially or as a job , a phone tracker tracks the phone , not the person or vehicle

People who insure and have a black box fitted have possible vehicle tracking information

Good luck with this quest and welcome back
    Originally posted by Redx
    I think it's called Next Base.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jan 20, 9:23 PM
    • 26,826 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:23 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:23 PM
    Yep , it is called Nextbase , but mine was in a different room so couldn't see the box

I received the trade plate spring clips from e##y you can attach to show plates, so just awaiting the latter now ��

My other car has the plate below the hatch but my new one is on the hatch itself
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 21st Jan 20, 8:03 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    • 21st Jan 20, 8:03 AM
    • 21st Jan 20, 8:03 AM
    So for completeness:

Colleague contacted various Mackies senior management to complain and has now had a reply from the local franchise owner/manager that the speculative invoice will be cancelled.

Have advised him to make sure he gets official notification of such.

Further evidence that a complaint to the Land Owner as per the Newbies thread should always be your first port of call.

Hooray, PE beaten yet again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jan 20, 11:08 PM
    • 80,775 Posts
    • 95,442 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    McDonalds I assume, not the lovely ice cream manufacturer?!

I have posted about your success in the Successful Complaints About PPCs thread.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,147Posts Today

6,177Users online

Martin's Twitter