Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carl2510
    • By Carl2510 11th Jan 20, 9:45 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Carl2510
    Cash Buyers
    • 11th Jan 20, 9:45 PM
    Cash Buyers 11th Jan 20 at 9:45 PM
    Good evening,

Does anyone have any experience with Cash Buyers, been looking at selling my house fast when Iím ready to sell and just wondering if there actually legit, do they offer good valuations, had anyone any experience with these types of buyers.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Page 3
    • MobileSaver
    • By MobileSaver 15th Jan 20, 7:44 AM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 3,110 Thanks
    MobileSaver
    One of the offers I had for my property was from a cash buyer offering about 3% less than the highest bidder
    Originally posted by peterhjohnson
    I will more than likely try nearer the time Iím selling and see what I can get.
    Originally posted by Carl2510
    I am pretty sure peterhjohnson was referring to a normal cash buyer individual and not one of the Quick Sale Cash Buyer companies.

As has been pointed out, the problem with the Quick Sale companies is they may initially make what seems an acceptable offer but then will typically reduce it at the very last minute with little, if any, reason and no recourse.

I'm sure there are one or two legitimate Quick Sale companies but they are few and far between so do not get sucked in and find yourself in a position where you get ripped off because they've strung it out to the point where you are now desperate to sell at pretty much any cost.
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
    • Darkslider
    • By Darkslider 15th Jan 20, 12:54 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Darkslider

Carl2510

When it was on the market it was £125K I got it for 120 as they wanted to sell quick as they had a house going through as well, got it valued for remortgaging last year and they valued it at 130K I know they only do that to actually help with the better interest though. But Iíd be happy with 125K
    Estate agents will typically value at 5-10% over so bear that in mind, the only valuation you can really trust is one from an independent paid RICS surveyor. It'll be this value that buyers use too, even if you agree on a sale price if it's subsequently under valued very few buyers will be willing/in a position to make up the shortfall.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 15th Jan 20, 2:59 PM
    • 8,790 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    I get what your saying, but there is no harm in seeing what they will offer compared to what the estate agent will put it up as.

I am pushing towards the estate agent now from everyoneís advice.
    Can`t you ask around (or advertise) about landlords who might pay cash, not cash buying companies though, they are just preying on people`s general stupidity about buying/selling property and what price they should get/pay.
    • Carl2510
    • By Carl2510 15th Jan 20, 10:10 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Carl2510
    I will certainly give that ago.

Iíve also seen that Rowland homes who make new builds do a thing called Powermove, where they sell your house for you. Pay estate agent fees, market the house, do a valuation etc.

They just require a deposit which is refunded when itís sold. And then your able to reserve your Rowland once itís sold.

Sound to good to be true?? I am looking at new builds for my next property, so could it be an option.
    • GDB2222
    • By GDB2222 16th Jan 20, 8:20 AM
    • 16,269 Posts
    • 84,106 Thanks
    GDB2222
    Lots of builders have exchange schemes like that.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 16th Jan 20, 1:13 PM
    • 8,790 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    I will certainly give that ago.

Iíve also seen that Rowland homes who make new builds do a thing called Powermove, where they sell your house for you. Pay estate agent fees, market the house, do a valuation etc.

They just require a deposit which is refunded when itís sold. And then your able to reserve your Rowland once itís sold.

Sound to good to be true?? I am looking at new builds for my next property, so could it be an option.
    Yes, if their properties were good value for money they wouldn`t need to have daft schemes that sound like Superhero names, and the government wouldn`t need to lure people into big debts with things like HTB.
    • Carl2510
    • By Carl2510 16th Jan 20, 2:46 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Carl2510
    They also do part exchange but only on certain plots. This house Iím looking at is already build so wouldnít need to reserve the plot.
    • Carl2510
    • By Carl2510 16th Jan 20, 2:54 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Carl2510
    No point in making a new thread I thought so Iíll ask on here.

With part exchange. Obviously I own the house with my brother Iím currently in. Would I still be able to part exchange if I wanted the new house to be in mine and my girlfriends names on the deeds. Or does it have to be the people coming from the part exchange house.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,359Posts Today

5,075Users online

Martin's Twitter