Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kennington2019
    • By Kennington2019 9th Jan 20, 8:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kennington2019
    AnyVan Courier has stolen my things
    • 9th Jan 20, 8:23 PM
    AnyVan Courier has stolen my things 9th Jan 20 at 8:23 PM
    Hello all, my first post on here but had nowhere else to go.

Last summer I booked a courier via AnyVan to deliver some boxes I had in storage to my university accommodation. They were meant to deliver my things on a set date September but due to a supposed family illness they had to rearrange. It all went downhill from here.

After this, I could never get a set date as to when my things would be picked up or delivered and I kept going days without hearing from them. Unfortunately, I'd already paid for the service so thought I may as well keep going with them and go through with it. I then get a message from a random guy saying he's going to pick up my things and I thought he was lying and that the storage company wouldn't release my things to him since nothing had been arranged. They did release my things to this guy and this guy then disappeared and I find out from the woman running the courier service that the van the guy was driving got impounded.

Eventually she picked up my things and then disappeared off the face of the Earth and I also learned from AnyVan that her courier service was no longer partners with them. After multiple emails I threatened the police and she suddenly appeared again and said she'd arranged for another courier to deliver my things. I did actually get a message from this courier about the job but then he also disappeared, never delivered my things, and his phone has been off ever since. The aforementioned women insisted my things were delivered and now she has disappeared. I haven't heard from her in a month and still don't have my things or my money.

This sounds like a big mess but I have no idea what to do now. She doesn't reply to her emails and I have no contact number. The other guy's phone clearly isn't working anymore because it's always off when I try to call. Any advice on next steps?
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Jan 20, 11:03 PM
    • 17,916 Posts
    • 14,026 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 9th Jan 20, 11:03 PM
    • 9th Jan 20, 11:03 PM
    By whom and where was the van impounded
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 12th Jan 20, 4:00 PM
    • 17,916 Posts
    • 14,026 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 12th Jan 20, 4:00 PM
    • 12th Jan 20, 4:00 PM
    Op logged in but no reply
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th Jan 20, 8:40 AM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 8,614 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:40 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:40 AM
    I'm sure there was a previous thread about AnyVan and similar circumstances but I can't find it.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,079Posts Today

6,636Users online

Martin's Twitter