Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Teeheedeedee
    • By Teeheedeedee 7th Jan 20, 10:25 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Teeheedeedee
    Help! Is live TV possible w/out Sky
    • 7th Jan 20, 10:25 PM
    Help! Is live TV possible w/out Sky 7th Jan 20 at 10:25 PM
    Hi roomies,

After 10 years I've bit the bullet and cancelled my Sky TV package!

I have Netflix and the On Demand apps on my Phillips Smart TV. It also comes with Freeview Play which doesn't seem to show live TV.

How can I make it a possibility for the odd times I want to catch a live show on the terristrial channels? What tools or gadgets do I need w/out signing up to another subscription service?
Page 2
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 15th Jan 20, 6:18 AM
    • 1,424 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    I prefer Argos to Amazon whenever possible.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • Takmon
    • By Takmon 15th Jan 20, 11:05 AM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 1,083 Thanks
    Takmon
    Millions still use Argos! Easy to take things back and many people are adverse to using Amazon when they pay minimum UK taxes ie 220 millions on sales of 10.9 billions.
    Originally posted by cranford
    I would definitely disagree there. It's much easier to return things to Amazon because they are very accepting when it comes to returns. Argos seem to be more strict when returning items. Plus with Amazon there are many ways to return a parcel without the hassle of travelling back to an Argos during opening hours.

So if you disagree with Amazon paying minimum taxes i'm assuming you pay extra tax that you don't need to yourself?....
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Jan 20, 1:56 PM
    • 25,356 Posts
    • 14,798 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    It's much easier to return things to Amazon because they are very accepting when it comes to returns.
    Originally posted by Takmon
    Actually, serial returners to Amazon often find their accounts are closed if the percentage of returns to sales is too high.

So, while initially they may be "very accepting", return too many items and they'll refuse future custom.

Argos physical stores don't have the luxury of such an account history...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,246Users online

Martin's Twitter