Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chefdave
    • By Chefdave 6th Jan 20, 8:19 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Chefdave
    Claim Form received; any help appreciated
    • 6th Jan 20, 8:19 PM
    Claim Form received; any help appreciated 6th Jan 20 at 8:19 PM
    Hi there, I had a claim form drop through my letterbox just before Xmas over a private parking ticket issued in February which I ignored as I wrongly assumed they wouldn't take it any further.

My girlfriend and I stayed at a B&B in Southampton and parked in a car park which must've been used by several guesthouses. We had permission to park in the car park but we weren't in the correct spot, the B&B asked us to move the car the following day which we did immediately but nonetheless a couple of weeks later I received a fine in the post.

We weren't blocking or obstructing anyone, we'd parked at the side out of the way. The car park was frankly a bit of a junkyard too, when we came to collect it I remember seeing a couple of broken cars at the back with someone working on them. Having had a look on Google streetview I can see a sign saying 'private car park' and also another saying not to park there without authorisation (which we had) It wasn't very clear that I'd caused a problem parking where I had.

I've been online and acknowledged it, also today I've had another letter from BW legal drop through the letterbox seeking a 'suitable repayment plan' to avoid the court

Here are the details:

The Issue date was 20th December 2019

Claimant - Countrywide Parking. BW Legal are also involved

PoC:

"The Claimant's Claim is for the sum of 172 being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of a PCN for a parking contravention which occurred on 23/02/19 in the private car park/land located at the Circle Guest House Southampton SO15 2BN in relation to a vehicle xxxxxx. The defendant was allowed 28 days from the PCN Date to pay but failed to do so"

The're claiming 172, with a court fee of 25 and legal representatives costs of 50. Total = 247

Is it too late to ask for a SAR?

Should I just prepare a defence as best I can send it off and hope for the best? I'm still reading up on this stuff and there's a lot to go through.
Page 2
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 20, 9:03 AM
    • 6,299 Posts
    • 8,359 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    mlees - edit that damned post, now, and get off this thread. it is NOT your thread so dont post about your case!

You must not disclose the driver, in any forum including this one. Especially given your defence is based around not being able to hold the keeper or hirer liable...
    • Chefdave
    • By Chefdave 19th Jan 20, 8:18 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Chefdave
    That's a good start at a defence, as long as you change the added 60 to 72 (in your case the falsely added unrecoverable sum is an eye-watering 72).

I would just change the ending, see below, and attach Crystal_Tips' Warwick strike-out judgment screenshot as an email attachment with your defence
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Hi CM

I can't find this thread you're referring to by Crystal_Tips, I've tried using the advanced search feature but to no avail.

Is there a link? If not I'll have to omit point 7.1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jan 20, 8:22 PM
    • 26,635 Posts
    • 43,764 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi CM

I can't find this thread you're referring to by Crystal_Tips, I've tried using the advanced search feature but to no avail.

Is there a link? If not I'll have to omit point 7.1
    Originally posted by Chefdave
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=5438
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Chefdave
    • By Chefdave 19th Jan 20, 8:31 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Chefdave
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    This user has 7 posts and I can't see anything relating to parking?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Jan 20, 8:54 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 35,155 Thanks
    Redx

the correct username is actually Crystaltips76

you will find it via the Abuse of Process thread by beamerguy, in post #1
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jan 20, 8:59 PM
    • 26,635 Posts
    • 43,764 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Had to do a bit more digging .... the Member Search is extremely case sensitive, and won't always throw out 'near misses', but I think I've bottomed this for you.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=194235984
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 19-01-2020 at 9:08 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Chefdave
    • By Chefdave 19th Jan 20, 9:24 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Chefdave
    Had to do a bit more digging .... the Member Search is extremely case sensitive, and won't always throw out 'near misses', but I think I've bottomed this for you.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks I found it. It's Crystaltips76 and the judgement is on post #84 of their thread if anyone else is trying to find it. I would post a link but I'm not allowed to as a newbie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,633Posts Today

8,561Users online

Martin's Twitter