Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    • 1,183Posts
    • 5,088Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!
    • 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List! 27th Nov 07 at 10:33 PM
    **THIS THREAD HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO HERE!!**
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5776240

I welcome you to join our discussion there.

SS2
    Last edited by Westie983; 25-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Page 85
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 3rd Apr 12, 6:49 PM
    • 1,855 Posts
    • 1,462 Thanks
    Speculator
    Derbyshire Platinum Monthly Saver issue 3 will be launched on 6 April. If you want the Platinum 2, you have until close of business 5th April to visit a branch with your application.

I guess Dunfermline/Cheshire will do likewise.
    Last edited by Speculator; 03-04-2012 at 6:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 3rd Apr 12, 9:27 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Thanks for the heads up Speculator. I can see from the emoneyfacts updates on the Cheshire BS and the Derbyshire BS platinum accounts that they will change to issue 3 from 6th April as you say.

It seems that it would be to the benefit of people applying for this account to wait until 6th April as the bonus period will end 2 months later for issue 3 compared to issue 2 with an unchanged 5% interest rate.

The only benefit I can see for opening one earlier is if you are trying to have an issue 1 account, an issue 2 account and an issue 3 account. I do not know if that is possible. I cannot see anything in the key features to prevent it. Does anybody here have an issue 1 and 2 account?

I do not think the Dunfermline account will change as that one does not have a fixed deadline for the bonus to run out - the bonus period ends 12 months after the date of account opening.

SS2
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 3rd Apr 12, 9:52 PM
    • 1,855 Posts
    • 1,462 Thanks
    Speculator
    Yes, you can definitely have an issue 1,2 and 3 at the same time.
    Last edited by Speculator; 03-04-2012 at 9:53 PM. Reason: .
    • Dagobert
    • By Dagobert 4th Apr 12, 12:15 AM
    • 1,615 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    Dagobert
    When I phoned the Dunfermline BS a couple of days ago and they were still offering issue 1, not 2.
    Last edited by Dagobert; 04-04-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    Dagobert
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 4th Apr 12, 7:43 AM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    When I phoned the Dunfermline BS a couple of days ago and they were still offering issue 1, not 2.
    Originally posted by Dagobert
    Yes, the Dunfermline account has consistently remained at issue 1 because it does not have a fixed date for the bonus, unlike the Cheshire and Derbyshire BS accounts that have to be "moved on" every 2 months.

SS2
    • tiptoe_mouse
    • By tiptoe_mouse 5th Apr 12, 2:38 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    tiptoe_mouse
    bump to keep on first page of board.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 5th Apr 12, 7:29 PM
    • 8,485 Posts
    • 6,061 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    Monmouthshire account
    I've posted this on the Monmouthshire account-specific thread too.

If you opened the account and requested interest be added to the account rather than paid out and received a letter confirming that, I suggest you check your current account from which payment was made to Monmouthshire to see if, like for my account, they have paid out the 2% instead. It would have been received on 2 April.

PS Following response on other thread -
    I'm not querying the 2% (the bonus of the other 2% is due after a year). I was pointing out the interest was paid out instead of being compounded as requested and confirmed in writing by Monmouthshire.
    Last edited by LittleVoice; 06-04-2012 at 6:22 AM.
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 6th Apr 12, 12:22 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Everybody,

I have updated the Cheshire and Derbyshire BS entries (their websites are now showing the new issue 3 versions with later maturity dates) and added a note that you can hold an account with each version number as stated by Speculator.

If you look at the Mini Cash ISAs thread, you will see Principality and Saffron BS 4% regular savings ISAs and on page 138 I have pointed out a new Nottingham BS 5% regular savings ISA (branch only).

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    • psychic teabag
    • By psychic teabag 11th Apr 12, 6:10 PM
    • 2,839 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    psychic teabag
    Not important, but in the feeder account list (post 9) it mentions the old A&L interface to online banking. Don't think that exists anymore - web page suggests you have no choice but to use Santander.
    • plunt
    • By plunt 11th Apr 12, 7:25 PM
    • 506 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    plunt
    also not sure if you want to include this account but barclays wealth does a 5% account with up to 2k a month allowed in

http://www.barclayswealth.com/international/savings/short-medium-savings-category/monthly-saver.htm

you need to have a barclays wealth account therefore may not be applicable to people as it is under their 'international banking section'

cheers for this list as always been helpful!

Best regards

Plunt
    Last edited by plunt; 11-04-2012 at 7:27 PM. Reason: max of 2k not 1k a month input
    • lightbulb2760
    • By lightbulb2760 12th Apr 12, 2:35 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    lightbulb2760
    Barclays Wealth 5% Monthly Saver
    As of 10th April, it's only available to residents of Gibraltar
    • plunt
    • By plunt 12th Apr 12, 2:49 AM
    • 506 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    plunt
    As of 10th April, it's only available to residents of Gibraltar
    Originally posted by lightbulb2760

ah sorry about that, didnt realise
    • GreenBitterfly
    • By GreenBitterfly 12th Apr 12, 6:39 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 742 Thanks
    GreenBitterfly
    There appears to be a Regular Saver Cash ISA with Skipton Building Society too, paying 3.25%, although you can't open one if you've already got a regular saver with Skipton (as I found out today!)
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 14th Apr 12, 7:25 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Folks,

I have updated the entry in post 9 regarding online banking with Santander and the A&L interface, as suggested in a post above.

I cannot find anything else to change for this weekend's update.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    Last edited by Special_Saver2; 14-04-2012 at 7:28 PM.
    • chris1
    • By chris1 16th Apr 12, 5:49 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    chris1
    Mansfield BS Regular Savings
    Interest rate: 3.1% gross p.a. variable from 1st April 2009
    Monthly payment: 25-500
    Miss any payments: No
    Penalty-free withdrawals: Yes, can make 2 penalty-free withdrawals
    Special conditions: You can only make one deposit per month. The interest rate is guaranteed to remain at least 3% above the basic annual equivalent rate paid on their Prime Access account.

Originally posted by Special_Saver2
    Hi SS2
    This account seems to have disappeared, to be replaced by Issue 2.
    Interest rate 3%
    Miss any payments - Yes
    The 2 penalty free withdrawals include closure
    Can make more than one deposit per month
    No link to Prime Access account.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by chris1; 17-04-2012 at 6:38 PM.
    • ernie-money
    • By ernie-money 19th Apr 12, 12:17 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 374 Thanks
    ernie-money
    Hi all,
    Just thought I'd let you know that it seems that the Halifax Child Regular Saver account is no longer available. On the account anniversary it will be converted to a young saver account, with 2% interest, and to get the 6% interest, you have to instead open a "Kids regular saver", which can now only be opened in branch. What a pain...
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 22nd Apr 12, 11:10 AM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Everybody,

Chris1, thanks a lot for the info on the Mansfield BS Regular Savings account. The curious thing is that the link to the issue 1 account still works, which is why I did not realise that there was now an issue 2 account. They also have a very similar Young Regular Saver. As the interest rate on these accounts is only 3%, they do not qualify for inclusion on the list on page 1 of this thread at the moment.

I am sad to see that eMoneyfacts really has gone "subscription only" now.

There is nothing else that I can find that has changed for this weekend's update. I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 29th Apr 12, 7:03 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Folks,

I have checked through everything and I cannot find anything that has changed. I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 7th May 12, 2:47 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Everybody,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update. I will do another update in 2 weeks' time.

All the best,
    SS2
    • premierfella
    • By premierfella 8th May 12, 10:35 AM
    • 863 Posts
    • 475 Thanks
    premierfella
    Spotted this one whilst I was on the website to enter my AGM vote....
    http://www.scottishbs.co.uk/regular-saver-2012-a551

Matures After More Than 12 Months

Scottish BS Regular Saver 2012

Interest rate: 3.85% gross p.a. variable (including 3.0% gross p.a. fixed bonus)
    Monthly payment: 100-500 - any change in the monthly amount credited will lead to loss of bonus
    Miss any payments: No - missed payments will lead to loss of bonus
    Penalty-free withdrawals: No - any withdrawal before 31 March 2014 will lead to loss of bonus
    Age of applicant: Over 16 years old
    How to open account: Branch/agency or post
    Special conditions: A one-off fixed bonus payment of 3.0% gross AER will be made, on 31st March 2014, if no withdrawals, no changes to the monthly payment and all monthly (calendar month) payments have been made. The account becomes instant access with penalty-free withdrawals after maturity on 31st March 2014. Savers are limited to one Regular Saver 2012 account per person.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,499Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter