Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    • 1,111Posts
    • 3,986Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!
    • 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List! 27th Nov 07 at 10:33 PM
    **THIS THREAD HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO HERE!!**
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5776240

I welcome you to join our discussion there.

SS2
    Last edited by Westie983; 25-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Page 341
    • eastofeden
    • By eastofeden 3rd Dec 17, 10:14 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    eastofeden
    What about holding both a Halifax RS and a BOS RS? When I log into my Halifax account and try to open a BOS RS it tells me that this product is not available to me ( I have a Halifax RS).
    Iíve looked in Tís and Cís but canít find anything about not holding both?
    • Big W
    • By Big W 3rd Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Big W
    What about holding both a Halifax RS and a BOS RS? When I log into my Halifax account and try to open a BOS RS it tells me that this product is not available to me ( I have a Halifax RS).
    Originally posted by eastofeden
    Both I and my wife have both. I assume the problem is with trying to open a BOS account from the Halifax website, even though both banks products are visible.
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 3rd Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 6,529 Posts
    • 2,733 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    Try logging into the BoS site and see if it'll allow you to open one.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 3rd Dec 17, 10:28 PM
    • 30,147 Posts
    • 17,998 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    I assume you have a BoS current account? If so, then apply from within your BoS online area. If you've never registered, try your Halifax log in details...as they work for me.
    • eastofeden
    • By eastofeden 3rd Dec 17, 10:54 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    eastofeden
    Thanks both. I've 3 BOS Vantage accounts and I have only ever logged onto them via my Halifax account. I will try to log on via BOS and see if that makes any difference.
    • mgarl10024
    • By mgarl10024 4th Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 438 Thanks
    mgarl10024
    Thanks both. I've 3 BOS Vantage accounts and I have only ever logged onto them via my Halifax account. I will try to log on via BOS and see if that makes any difference.
    I believe you'll have to use your BOS login to apply for BOS products.

One word of warning...I used to use my Halifax login for my Halifax accounts and my BOS for my BOS accounts (logical!) but kept getting system errors and being locked out. BOS said that using both accounts was causing the errors and advised me to only use my Halifax login, and to administer my BOS accounts using it. Since then, no errors.

However, the BOS regular saver posed a challenge. So I quickly used my BOS login, applied, then logged out.
    • eastofeden
    • By eastofeden 4th Dec 17, 9:20 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    eastofeden
    Thanks for all the advice, especially the log in confusion by using both. Will apply via BOS later today and then just use Halifax.
    • BeachNut
    • By BeachNut 4th Dec 17, 9:20 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    BeachNut
    Don't login on the BOS site, just apply for a BOS saver as if you are not an existing customer. If successful, next ttme you login to Halifax you'll see your BOS saver also listed (together with any existing Halifax Regular Savers).
    • schiff
    • By schiff 4th Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    • 17,937 Posts
    • 9,321 Thanks
    schiff
    I opened both BoS and Halifax RSs, the latter via a Halifax site. What I find odd is that the Halifax RS and its related Easy Access account appear on my BoS website pages! A useful short cut actually though.
    • castle96
    • By castle96 4th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    castle96
    Opened H and BofS RS each through their on sites. Noticed that Halifax is NO w/drawals and BofS IS ok to withdraw - strange
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 4th Dec 17, 12:50 PM
    • 2,082 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    polymaff
    Opened H and BofS RS each through their on sites. Noticed that Halifax is NO w/drawals and BofS IS ok to withdraw - strange
    Originally posted by castle96
    There's still little integration of the bits of LBG. For instance, why,

"Birmingham Midshires is a trading name of Bank of Scotland plc" ?
    • schiff
    • By schiff 4th Dec 17, 4:16 PM
    • 17,937 Posts
    • 9,321 Thanks
    schiff
    Chorley Building Society
    Their regular saver interest rate has been increased from 2.5% to 2.75% with effect, I assume, from 1/12/17.

They are not continuing the offer of a regular saver and this one matures after 12 months which for me is April 2018. Hopefully that may change!

The Childrens' RS continues.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 4th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 17,937 Posts
    • 9,321 Thanks
    schiff
    Saffron BS
    Some useful info about their RS. I've just completed the 12 months, how time flies! They will be sending letters in advance of the maturity. As I'm a long way out of their area I can ask them in advance to open a new RS when this matures and they will take the first £200 out of the maturity balance. I can also provide them with a request to FP the rest of the matured funds.

Seems perfect to me!
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 4th Dec 17, 5:24 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 869 Thanks
    IanManc
    Originally posted by castle96
    Also the Halifax one is available to everyone whereas the Bank of Scotland one is only available to people with a BoS current account.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 4th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 2,361 Posts
    • 1,780 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Their regular saver interest rate has been increased from 2.5% to 2.75% with effect, I assume, from 1/12/17.

They are not continuing the offer of a regular saver and this one matures after 12 months which for me is April 2018. Hopefully that may change!

The Childrens' RS continues.
    Originally posted by schiff
    Credit to Interest Ted who highlighted this three weeks ago:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73441922&postcount=6763
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 4th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 2,361 Posts
    • 1,780 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Some useful info about their RS. I've just completed the 12 months, how time flies! They will be sending letters in advance of the maturity. As I'm a long way out of their area I can ask them in advance to open a new RS when this matures and they will take the first £200 out of the maturity balance. I can also provide them with a request to FP the rest of the matured funds.

Seems perfect to me!
    Am on about my sixth annual RS with them. Always tremendous service.
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 4th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    Rich2808

Seems perfect to me!
    As you are already a long term member you can just write to them enclosing a completed savings application form for a new regular saver and ask that first £200 be moved from your maturing regular saver.

Also it may be worth opening their esaver online account - you can view your balances online for all your Saffron accounts including your regular saver. Saves calling them or going to a branch
    • Careful_ly
    • By Careful_ly 4th Dec 17, 11:00 PM
    • 613 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    Careful_ly
    Saffron maturity
    Hi

Here is a form that you can print off for the maturity of Saffron regular saver and open a new one.
    https://www.saffronbs.co.uk/pdf/savings/Maturity-Application-Form-SBS9781d.pdf

HTH
    • qsk
    • By qsk 5th Dec 17, 11:32 AM
    • 265 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    qsk
    Hi

Here is a form that you can print off for the maturity of Saffron regular saver and open a new one.
    https://www.saffronbs.co.uk/pdf/savings/Maturity-Application-Form-SBS9781d.pdf

HTH
    Originally posted by Careful_ly

Thanks for this. I can see how to close the old one. Can you explain how to open a new one with this form?
    • schiff
    • By schiff 5th Dec 17, 2:04 PM
    • 17,937 Posts
    • 9,321 Thanks
    schiff
    Thanks for this. I can see how to close the old one. Can you explain how to open a new one with this form?
    Originally posted by qsk
    Heading 2, isn't it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,794Posts Today

5,440Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin