Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    • 1,115Posts
    • 4,041Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!
    • 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List! 27th Nov 07 at 10:33 PM
    **THIS THREAD HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO HERE!!**
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5776240

I welcome you to join our discussion there.

SS2
    Last edited by Westie983; 25-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Page 320
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 7th Oct 17, 5:40 AM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    Kim_13
    I think the 2% Nationwide account in post #4 has been withdrawn. At the very least, the link is broken and I can't find any reference to it on their site.
    Originally posted by flergalwit
    It has been, it comes up under the find current and old interest rate and says that the account no longer accepts new applications. It was still £0-£500 a month, so whether they'll launch another limited to £250 in the future we will see.

Here's a link to the section I found the information on: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/rates-fees-charges/view-savings-rates
    Last edited by Kim_13; 07-10-2017 at 4:14 PM.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 7th Oct 17, 7:11 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Has anyone received their maturity letter for the Virgin Regular Saver that matures 20/10/2017?

I know it states that they will write with your options, but other companies send out their letters about 3 weeks to a month in advance and the maturity date is a fortnight from today. I'm only asking as my post seems to be delayed being delivered recently as can be 3 weeks from date of post.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    No, no letters here yet either!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 7th Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 596 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Buckinghamshire Building Society have a new members' and local residents' preferential Regular Saver, paying 2% pa (variable), can pay in up to £500 per month and unlimited in time (up to maximum £85,000 in the account). Two withdrawals per calendar year allowed, third withdrawal only by closing the account. No penalty for missed monthly deposits. Account can be held along with an existing Simple Regular Saver. Limited to existing members (anyone with a savings account with the Society, no time qualification, could be an existing Simple Regular Saver) and local residents. I'm going to open one, using my existing Simple RS Issue 2 (paying 1.75%) as qualifier and will then keep that open but only paying in the monthly minimum of £10.
    • glider3560
    • By glider3560 8th Oct 17, 9:22 AM
    • 3,581 Posts
    • 2,274 Thanks
    glider3560
    Buckinghamshire Building Society have a new members' and local residents' preferential Regular Saver, paying 2% pa (variable), can pay in up to £500 per month and unlimited in time (up to maximum £85,000 in the account). Two withdrawals per calendar year allowed, third withdrawal only by closing the account. No penalty for missed monthly deposits. Account can be held along with an existing Simple Regular Saver. Limited to existing members (anyone with a savings account with the Society, no time qualification, could be an existing Simple Regular Saver) and local residents. I'm going to open one, using my existing Simple RS Issue 2 (paying 1.75%) as qualifier and will then keep that open but only paying in the monthly minimum of £10.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    Local is defined by anyone in the following postcode areas: HP, SL, UB, WD. This is actually quite a large area, compared to their single branch network.

• Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 8th Oct 17, 6:49 PM
    • 779 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Bit harsh on people of MK !!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 8th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    • 1,115 Posts
    • 4,041 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Nationwide BS Regular Saver account withdrawn and removed from post 4
    - Bucks BS Regular Saver account added to post 2 (paying 2% variable on up to £500 per month with 2 penalty-free withdrawals per year for existing members and local residents with no maturity date)
    - Leeds BS Regular Saver Issue 7 replaced with Issue 8 in post 7 (same details as issue 7 but new maturity date of 30th September 2018 for issue 8)
    - Chorley BS Festive Fund and Members Festive Fund paying 2.25% and 2.5% on up to £500 per month until 31st October 2018

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Oct 17, 8:45 AM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,304 Thanks
    mhoc
    It has been, it comes up under the find current and old interest rate and says that the account no longer accepts new applications. It was still £0-£500 a month, so whether they'll launch another limited to £250 in the future we will see.

Here's a link to the section I found the information on: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/rates-fees-charges/view-savings-rates
    Originally posted by Kim_13
    I tweeted them and they have withdrawn the regular saver and the only one they have now is
    Flexclusive Regular Saver 2

(main account holders only from a switched account or £750 per month deposit from an external account for 3 months, maxium of £250 per month for 12 months 5% gross - total £81.25 interest estimate after 12 months)

I managed to have a separate flexclusive reg saver 2 going for 4 months before they inevitably shut it down.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • lucky77
    • By lucky77 9th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    lucky77
    Yorkshire Building Society reg saver ending
    Guess it was too good to last much longer. Just had letter advising that my regular saver will be transferred to Single Access Saver Unique Edition on 14 December. It pays 1.5% variable and no bonus. You can save between £10 and £500 per month up to £22000. From 14 October to 13 December you don't need to make further deposits into your existing regular saver to qualify for bonus. Ah well I've enjoyed the good interest rate with bonus for over 10 years.
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 9th Oct 17, 2:40 PM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 1,382 Thanks
    Speculator
    Guess it was too good to last much longer. Just had letter advising that my regular saver will be transferred to Single Access Saver Unique Edition on 14 December. It pays 1.5% variable and no bonus. You can save between £10 and £500 per month up to £22000. From 14 October to 13 December you don't need to make further deposits into your existing regular saver to qualify for bonus. Ah well I've enjoyed the good interest rate with bonus for over 10 years.
    Originally posted by lucky77
    Discussed here..

You can close your account from 14th October and keep your bonus from 14/10 to 13/12. No point keeping your account open from 14th October. (see back of information sheet)
    Last edited by Speculator; 09-10-2017 at 2:45 PM. Reason: .
    • adindas
    • By adindas 9th Oct 17, 3:37 PM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    adindas
    Has anyone tried this address to open an account with Cheques
    Buckinghamshire BS
    FREEPOST
    High Street
    Chalfont St Giles
    Bucks
    HP8 4BR

As stated in here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=8612303&postcount=11

Thanks
    • adindas
    • By adindas 9th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    adindas
    Just be aware with the term of this Buckinghamshire RSA. It is quite unusual as you could only change the amount of monthly investment once per calendar year. Also the date of the monthly payment will need to be same every month.

So if for instance you open it with minimum amount of £10 (say) and in January 2018 (say) you change it to £500, you will need to pay £500 until the end of the year 2018 which for some people who has other accounts paying a better interest will not be good. You could still put it £500 and withdraws later it but you could only make 2 withdrawal per year.
    Last edited by adindas; 09-10-2017 at 4:26 PM.
    • MarkFromCornwall
    • By MarkFromCornwall 9th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 760 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    MarkFromCornwall
    Also the date of the monthly payment will need to be same every month.
    Originally posted by adindas
    You made that bit up didn't you?!
    • adindas
    • By adindas 9th Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    adindas
    You made that bit up didn't you?!
    Originally posted by MarkFromCornwall
    Their RS is always be like this.
    "As this is a regular saver you must pay in the same amount on the same day each month"

The above term written in i2 ans i3. You could still find the above term mentioned on Reg Saver i3 which is still active.

But I just had a look on the summary for Regular Saver for existing members this has not been made clear.It might be worthy asking them.
    Last edited by adindas; 09-10-2017 at 5:20 PM.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 10th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 37,344 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Has anyone received their maturity letter for the Virgin Regular Saver that matures 20/10/2017?

I know it states that they will write with your options, but other companies send out their letters about 3 weeks to a month in advance and the maturity date is a fortnight from today. I'm only asking as my post seems to be delayed being delivered recently as can be 3 weeks from date of post.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    Not a letter, but e-mail received giving basic details....

YOUR REGULAR E-SAVER MATURES ON FRIDAY 20 OCTOBER 2017
    Thank you for saving in your Regular E-Saver which matures on 20 October 2017. When this product matures, we will transfer your savings to our Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 account, which pays a variable interest rate of 1.00% Gross‡/AER†. This account is available exclusively to maturing Regular E-Saver customers.

The Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 gives you easy access to your savings anytime and you can deposit additional money up to £250,000. Ideal if you don't want to lock your money away.
    Or if you decide the Easy Access E-Saver Reward is not right for you, you can move your savings to another Virgin Money savings product. For our current range, including our new Regular Saver accounts, and for more details please visit virginmoney.com or call us on 0345 600 7301. Your existing Terms and Conditions will still apply.

For more details on the Easy Access E-Saver Reward, see the Key product information sheet.

or you could always just transfer out to your nominated account which they seem to have forgotten to mention
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 10th Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 596 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Not a letter, but e-mail received giving basic details....

YOUR REGULAR E-SAVER MATURES ON FRIDAY 20 OCTOBER 2017
    Thank you for saving in your Regular E-Saver which matures on 20 October 2017. When this product matures, we will transfer your savings to our Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 account, which pays a variable interest rate of 1.00% Gross‡/AER†. This account is available exclusively to maturing Regular E-Saver customers.

The Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 gives you easy access to your savings anytime and you can deposit additional money up to £250,000. Ideal if you don't want to lock your money away.
    Or if you decide the Easy Access E-Saver Reward is not right for you, you can move your savings to another Virgin Money savings product. For our current range, including our new Regular Saver accounts, and for more details please visit virginmoney.com or call us on 0345 600 7301. Your existing Terms and Conditions will still apply.

For more details on the Easy Access E-Saver Reward, see the Key product information sheet.

or you could always just transfer out to your nominated account which they seem to have forgotten to mention
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    When does interest get added? The original info said annual interest got credited on 11 March, and sure enough interest was credited on 11/03/17. Will closing interest be added on maturity? Or do we have to wait until 10/03/18 when it will be added to the maturity account, unless it is closed before then. Original info lacked detail.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 10th Oct 17, 6:43 PM
    • 4,258 Posts
    • 5,385 Thanks
    ColdIron
    Or you could just close it and take the interest now instead of waiting until March, particularly in the case of the Issue 4 which matures 20/04/18
    • adindas
    • By adindas 10th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    adindas
    When does interest get added? The original info said annual interest got credited on 11 March, and sure enough interest was credited on 11/03/17. Will closing interest be added on maturity? Or do we have to wait until 10/03/18 when it will be added to the maturity account, unless it is closed before then. Original info lacked detail.
    As far as I am aware, the info sofar is only speculation. None has got a definitive answer in writing directly from virgin money. Who wanted to TOFTT asking them in writing ???

Next time I think for Regular eSaver it is better to ask the interest to be added monthly.
    • adindas
    • By adindas 10th Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    adindas

. When this product matures, we will transfer your savings to our Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 account, which pays a variable interest rate of 1.00% Gross‡/AER†.
    Good news then. Apart from Ulster Bank which ic paying 1.25%. This is one of the best in this kind of accounts (apart from . Good to have at least one of this account as it could be used as a temporary container for RSA while wasting allocation to a higher interest rate.
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 10th Oct 17, 9:08 PM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 1,382 Thanks
    Speculator
    Good news then. Apart from Ulster Bank which ic paying 1.25%. This is one of the best in this kind of accounts (apart from . Good to have at least one of this account as it could be used as a temporary container for RSA while wasting allocation to a higher interest rate.
    Originally posted by adindas
    will be transferring the money to my Ford 1.17% instant access Flexible Saver account until I can find a home for it.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 10th Oct 17, 10:45 PM
    • 9,029 Posts
    • 7,799 Thanks
    colsten
    will be transferring the money to my Ford 1.17% instant access Flexible Saver account until I can find a home for it.
    Originally posted by Speculator
    Mine goes into my 1.25% Ulster e-saver which works like greased lightning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,173Posts Today

8,231Users online

Martin's Twitter