Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 31st Dec 19, 2:30 PM
    • 1,549Posts
    • 9,103Thanks
    Brambling
    Old Style Weight Loss 2020 - Part 1
    • 31st Dec 19, 2:30 PM
    Old Style Weight Loss 2020 - Part 1 31st Dec 19 at 2:30 PM
    Hi All

Welcome to the Old Style Weight Loss thread for quarter one 2020

Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st of January until the 31st of March (14 weeks).

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge and importantly that includes being kind to ourselves . All hints and tips welcomed.

There are some useful links to help your weight loss journey found on the previous challenge

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5984457&page=25 :-

Please send me your targets if you are setting one and Good Luck
    Last edited by Brambling; 31-12-2019 at 3:15 PM.
Page 10
    • procrastinator
    • By procrastinator 15th Jan 20, 10:35 AM
    • 597 Posts
    • 7,416 Thanks
    procrastinator
    Hello All
    Another blip yesterday my head is currently not where I want it. Just have to keep on trying.

bfast boiled eggs and butter
    L walnuts and pear
    D lentil stew
    Off course..crisps and fruitella...also 2 biscuits at work

Today is another day. Off out shortly, only water this morning.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 15th Jan 20, 10:57 AM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 25,368 Thanks
    dumpling
    Good morning everyone

I have been pondering as you do if you are 'fortunate' to be awake in the early hours, and I have decided that I will be counting calories from now on as I haven't got the patience to follow all the rules of a slimming plan. I tried the new WW but didn't really like the website and as for SW, I just couldn't get my head around it. I am not criticising the plans themselves as lots of people like my sisters are following them and doing really well, it's just me. They don't fit me.

Now I have spent a little bit of money on the Nutracheck website and I love it. I did the free trial and it just suited me. I tried other free calorie counter apps such as MyFitnessPal but it was a bit too American in that a lot of the measurements were in cups. My oldest daughter loves it though as she connects her fitbit to it and it tracks the calories she burns down the gym.

I was just wondering what you all use to keep track of your diet and weight.

My meals today are going to be:

b - shreddies, milk and sweetener
    l - ???
    d - bacon and spinach pasta
    s - banana and satsumas

Hope you all have a great day today xx
    Jan GC - £450/£362
    • short_bird
    • By short_bird 15th Jan 20, 12:18 PM
    • 2,000 Posts
    • 28,327 Thanks
    short_bird
    aaaaaaaaaCHOO!
    Afternoon all, an STS here for me.
    Hope all are in better health and congratulations on the losses and the learning what doesn't work!
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
    • honeythewitch
    • By honeythewitch 15th Jan 20, 12:42 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 3,297 Thanks
    honeythewitch
    WOW lots of brilliant losses this week. Well done, everyone.

I am about to have a blitz on my overflowing food cupboards. My husband has recently been diagnosed diabetic and we (me) have been trying hard to put it in remission without doing anything too drastic.

I have therefore felt obliged to remove the entire packet of coconut rings from temptation by eating them myself. etc. etc.

I have already taken a load to the foodbank, and the rest will have to go in the bin because diabetes managing and dieting is hard enough as it is without having to do separate things.

I feel a bit resentful that we all warned him what would happen (he said he would rather die than eat vegetables and has only changed his ways now it is a possibility!) and now it is me that is left with three times more work preparing his meals.

If I stay the same tomorrow I will be delighted.

Well done everyone on the losses, so many smiley faces is a really good start to the year.

I weighed myself this morning and am -7.5lb lighter than last Monday. It sounds really good but I think the vast majority will be the difference between what I ate last Sunday and what I ate yesterday

My dinner yesterday ended up being somewhat lighter (in food weight if not calories) than intended. I'd made sausage, mash and onions but everything had a weird, slightly perfumed, taste to it. After about the 3rd mouthful I realised that I'd made gravy in the jug that my husband had used the day before to dilute some zoflora...

The sausages were mercifully gravy free so I ate them and the rest of my dinner, and the jug, went in the bin. I may have had crisps and chocolate to take the taste away...

Best of luck everyone for the week ahead xx
    Originally posted by Izadora
    Much sympathies. Someone once cleaned my wooden worktops with neat carnation zoflora and even though I dont put food on them it still managed to contaminate everything.

Good morning all, Iíve just seen this thread and would love to join if youíll have me 🙂. Iíve challenged myself to lose at least 20lbs this year so would love to start by losing 7lbs this quarter.

I need to be accountable to someone as I work from home and it is so easy to raid the fridge or food cupboards if I want to avoid doing something or Iím bored. I can easily eat my body weight in Jelly Tots when I want to avoid doing our VAT return 🤣. I looked at WW online but donít want to pay the £13.95 a month 😲

Well done to everyone who has lost weight so far!
    Originally posted by Miss Behaving

There is a free app that does exactly the same as the weight watcher programmes but they call them bites instead of points.
    They also have two of the older programmes, points plus and original points.

It is free for the "green" programme and points plus, calorie counting and original, and you pay for the "blue" version (i think its only thirty-two pounds for a whole year) and keto.

However, there are simple modifications that you can use to do "purple, blue or the old no count system for free.

The downside is that it is American based, so not a lot of our products are on it, but the basic food is covered, although measurements are usually in ounces and cups, which can be a bit awkward.
    The full food list you get if you pay MIGHT include more British stuff, but I dont think you would know until you have paid.
    You can build your own food list though, so you can easily track your regular food.

This lady has a series of videos explaining it all better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqLj8FQnPw&t=18s
    • Molly41
    • By Molly41 15th Jan 20, 12:48 PM
    • 4,538 Posts
    • 38,525 Thanks
    Molly41
    hello x
    Well done on some great losses and STS. Keep positive to those struggling x
    Ive lost another 2lb so pleased with that as Im not so active although I'm intentionally plodding my way to the garage and back and doing the stairs (very slowly).
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
    • honeythewitch
    • By honeythewitch 15th Jan 20, 12:57 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 3,297 Thanks
    honeythewitch
    hello x
    Well done on some great losses and STS. Keep positive to those struggling x
    Ive lost another 2lb so pleased with that as Im not so active although I'm intentionally plodding my way to the garage and back and doing the stairs (very slowly).
    Originally posted by Molly41
    Well done Molly. Whatever you are doing is obviously working well.

Food today.

Wholewheat noodles, chicken, mushrooms, corn, spring onion, peppers.

Later.
    Anglesey eggs with a lighter cheese sauce that I havent figured out yet.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 15th Jan 20, 3:21 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 6,044 Thanks
    Izadora
    Hi All,

Sarah I hope you had a lovely time for your daughter's birthday.

jackrabbit Well done on the loss and I hope you've recovered from the weather-induced darkness

Blue Doggy I can't see why a health centre wouldn't be happy to help with a sponsored weigh in, I'm sure they'd be happy with anything which encourages healthy eating.

Brambling I hope you didn't have to brave the hideous conditions to get into the office today

Frugalina Congratulations on the store cupboard challenge and I hope all goes well on your road trip

Bfh Don't be disheartened, a STS is most definitely better than a gain.

s_glover Well done on the loss, it seems that the decorating diet is obviously doing you, as well as your home, good.

Miss Behaving Hi and welcome on board. I agree that working from home can be terrible for dieting, there's so much to choose from and it's far too easy to pick without really noticing.

Procrastinator Sorry you had a blip, being in the right head space really does make all the difference to a diet. I hope today's going better for you.

Dumpling I've never heard of Nutracheck but I might give it a go if it's less Americanised than Myfitnesspal. I quite like MFP but I do find that I have to do a certain amount of compromising when logging food. I'm aiming for a rough idea, rather than strict calorie counting, though so I'm fine with that.

short_bird Bless you!! And well done on the STS

Honey Well done on removing the temptation of coconut rings from your husband!! I hope that finding stuff that works for dieting and diabetes controlling isn't too hard. It's really annoying when people won't help themselves, despite knowing it's in their best interest, but I guess the same could be said about my weight so I'm probably not really in a position to criticise...

Molly Congratulations on the loss and well done for keeping up the plodding and stairs.

Yesterday's food was roughly as planned although I had an omelette for lunch, instead of salad, and ended up having a couple of glasses of wine as well. My parents always bring wine with them when they come to us for dinner and I'd rather my mum doesn't drink too much so I have to help her out

Today's food:
    B - Seeded toast with sweet chili Philadelphia
    L - Leftover stuffed pepper and tomato
    D - I have no idea.

My husband's away with work tonight and I'm really struggling to decide what to have. As much as I enjoy cooking I generally can't be bothered if it's just for me and I would often use having the house to myself as an excuse to eat loads of rubbish but really want to avoid doing that this time.

I've been saying for a while that I should make some cauliflower cheese soup, I've got lovely truffle cheese leftover from Christmas, so maybe I'll do that tonight?

Have a good evening all xx
    • Miss Behaving
    • By Miss Behaving 15th Jan 20, 4:09 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 999 Thanks
    Miss Behaving
    There is a free app that does exactly the same as the weight watcher programmes but they call them bites instead of points.
    They also have two of the older programmes, points plus and original points.

It is free for the "green" programme and points plus, calorie counting and original, and you pay for the "blue" version (i think its only thirty-two pounds for a whole year) and keto.

However, there are simple modifications that you can use to do "purple, blue or the old no count system for free.

The downside is that it is American based, so not a lot of our products are on it, but the basic food is covered, although measurements are usually in ounces and cups, which can be a bit awkward.
    The full food list you get if you pay MIGHT include more British stuff, but I dont think you would know until you have paid.
    You can build your own food list though, so you can easily track your regular food.

This lady has a series of videos explaining it all better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqLj8FQnPw&t=18s
    Originally posted by honeythewitch
    Thanks honeythewitch - I will take a look!
    Some people stir up a storm then wonder why it rains on them.

January Grocery Challenge £87.36/£300
    • Bfh
    • By Bfh 15th Jan 20, 7:00 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    Bfh
    Years ago, when WW first brought out their points system in the UK, it was much more relaxed and simple than it is now - and they actively discouraged you from weighing food; they tried to get you to work out what a portion size looked like in relation to your hand, for example.
    I remember the book stating that you shouldnít get too hung up on possibly having a slightly bigger portion of something, because over the course of a week, it was bound to balance itself out by you underestimating something else.
    It was the most relaxed Iíve felt on a diet, and I lost 2 stones.
    I find both SW and WW in their current forms unnecessarily complicated, and that having to think about what to eat to fit the plan, has me thinking about food for too much of the day.
    Also, with SW, I might really fancy, say, a slice of buttered toast, but if Iíve had my healthy extras and syns I canít have that. So Iíll then fill up with ďfreeĒ food instead, which, unless itís a plate of veg, very often ends up being more calorific than the toast Iíd denied myself
    Iím not knocking the plans; I know someone who has lost weight on SW, kept it off, and looks great.
    It just doesnít fit my mindset, which is a bit rubbish when it comes to food if Iím honest.
    I feel like Iíve been on and off diets most of my life, and I need to find a different approach!
    Sorry - that turned into an essay!
    • patentgirl
    • By patentgirl 15th Jan 20, 7:23 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 12,517 Thanks
    patentgirl
    Hello everyone
    Reporting 1lb 6is weight loss pleased especially as naughty last night ate pulled pork in Brioche buns wedges late and half bottle proscesso been reasonably good apart from that well done everyone.
    Last edited by patentgirl; 15-01-2020 at 9:17 PM.
    January grocery challenge £150
    • Blue Doggy
    • By Blue Doggy 15th Jan 20, 8:45 PM
    • 388 Posts
    • 5,082 Thanks
    Blue Doggy
    Good evening everyone

Brambling I hope you managed to work from home today, and if not, that your journeys were not impeded by floods or downed trees. I’m not very familiar with my local health centre, as luckily I seldom have to visit, but hear lots of messages in The Media about how overburdened GPS are and it’s all the fault of older folk (like me ).

How did your visiting kitten manage yesterday?

FrugalLina I hope your travels went well. How lovely to have kiwis fresh from the tree!

Bfh well done on STS when things are a bit tough, it’s a sort of hitting the pause button while you deal with stuff . Interesting critique on the various plans, like you I’ve had to give up on some because they made me think about food all the time. There’s probably no one plan that suits everyone.

s_glover well done on your good loss and on your parkrun and spinning plans, too.

MissBehaving hiya trying to lose weight alone is hard (specially when the Jelly Tots call ) so hopefully being part of our community will help.

Procrastinator I hope you’ve had a better day today.

Dumpling how good you’ve found a plan you feel comfortable with. Best wishes for success. I tried a number of different plans with little success before I found one I could stick with. I weigh myself once a week and record the weight in a little notebook, and on a simple hand drawn graph - I did once have a super-duper spreadsheet which calculated lots of things and made charts, but it broke and I couldn’t face recreating it all again. I find writing a simple food diary in this forum useful: I don’t know any of you IRL but would feel bad about cheating, whereas I might cheat myself.

Honeythewitch good work on tackling your cupboards so thoroughly. Best wishes for your husband’s health, I hope he will manage to reverse the diabetes. Perhaps the zoflora diet would help him? It certainly has a strong and persistent smell.

Molly41 very well done on your weight loss and keeping active.

Izadora mmmm! The truffly cauliflower cheese soup sounds lush, did you decide to go for it in the end? I’ll look in at the health centre tomorrow I think.

Short_bird [/B]well done on STS. Hope your cold gets better soon.

patentgirl congratulations on your loss!

I’ve been in a bit of a pickle today, as you’ll see from what I ate. I started very grumpy after several nights not sleeping well, then during the afternoon felt really “weak and wobbly” (like last month when I self-medicated with chocolate marzipan). And again this evening. I’m beginning to think it might be too many carbs without fat. I need to experiment.

Anyway, today’s food:
    B: bacon and eggs
    L: hm lentils in tomato sauce with brown rice, apple
    S 1: 8 (yes, eight ) oatcakes with Marmite
    D: aubergine, fennel & tomato bake, apple
    S 2: 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate
    S 3: I’ve just had a breakfast sized bowl of porridge

Feeling a bit better, and drinking water like it’s running out.
    Last edited by Blue Doggy; 15-01-2020 at 8:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 15th Jan 20, 9:42 PM
    • 937 Posts
    • 5,573 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Weigh In
    Evening All

Well I'm glad today is over, it's been a tough week at work, more staff of sick then in, which puts a bigger work load on us plebs at the bottom, but still what can you do, it's best they stay home and recover properly and hopefully they will be fighting fit soon. I am off tomorrow and will be doing nothing, I need a day of pottering about the house, so apart from cooking dinner and some ironing I shall be mostly relaxing

Honey I think it was a very selfless act in eating the coconut rings and hopefully your dh will settle into a better way of eating soon. My dh had very high blood pressure last year and he was of the sort who never met a vegetable he liked (apart from chips!) but it really scared him last year and he has changed his diet completely, and is so much healthier now. xx

S_glover good job on all the exercise I can't seem to get my head into it yet, must try harder.

Blue Doggy your food plan does look a little light on fats, no dairy or oils, maybe you need some cheese or yoghurts?

Today I had
    B porridge, milk/water blueberries
    L campfire stew and couscous, apple, banana
    D cheeseburger soup, melon, orange, handful of dh cereal!, s German biscuits.

Loss of for me this week -3lb
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS 6/20
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 15th Jan 20, 9:57 PM
    • 1,549 Posts
    • 9,103 Thanks
    Brambling
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2030 1st Quarter

01/01/20 - 31/03/20

Imperial (lbs). Please let me know if you want me to add a kg list as well

2goals2get2 -/21
    Balabooberlies -/14
    Bfh 1/14. /STS
    Blue Doggie 3/14.
    Brambling 2.5/14. /STS
    Cherry Burton -/14
    Cranky 4/7 /
    Doing it My Way 2/5.
    Dumpling 6/14
    Frith -/20
    Frugalhome -/14
    FrugalLina -/20. STS
    Gingerlily 4.5/13.
    Grunnie -/14
    Honeythewitch. 2.5/7
    Izadora 7.5/21
    Jackrabbit123 2/10.
    Lindor -/10
    Miss Behaving /7
    Molly41 4/14. /
    Mrs Motivation 1/14.
    Mummy_bear 1.5/10.
    Patentgirl 2/20 /
    Procrastinator 1/6.
    Rosie D -/21
    S_glover 4/14. /
    Savingholmes -/14
    Schweiz -/14
    SeekingFlight 4/20
    Sirens 6/20. /
    Short_bird 1/10. /STS
    Toonie 1/10.

Kgs
    SarahJ1986 1/7.
    Last edited by Brambling; 16-01-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 15th Jan 20, 10:21 PM
    • 1,549 Posts
    • 9,103 Thanks
    Brambling
    Welcome Miss Behaving I've added you to the chart.

Well done everyone some good numbers today I only managed a STS so I will admit to some sulking

Dumpling I've never been any good at counting calories, although I will check them when shopping for something new as it will give me some idea of how good or bad it is.

Blue Doggie the kitten hasn't been about the last couple of days so I'm hoping that means it's been left shut in because of the weather and not because it's sheltering under a bush somewhere, i would have brought it in if I had seen it shut out this weather and taken the flack from my cat.

Izadora, Honey you are good saving others from themselves by 'helping' with wine and biscuits Honey I hope your husband is able to manage his diabetes, my BIL reversed his by losing 2.5 stone, I think the dr put the fear of God in him, he takes the credit but as it's my sister who does all the cooking and shopping .......

I drove to work this morning, as my colleague who also lives in the same town as me texted me to say she was in really early and to advise our usual route had flooding so I had to go in . I spent a while sitting in traffic as another nearby road had a tree and power lines down and traffic was diverted the way I was trying to use.

Food wise hasn't been great today, as I said some sulking I forgot to take soup from the freezer so had cheese, biscuits and grapes for lunch and dinner was melon and some of the panettone I opened last week
    • 2goals2get2
    • By 2goals2get2 15th Jan 20, 10:44 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    2goals2get2
    Hi all, sorry I have been mad busy and didnt make my weigh in on Saturday. My home scales are useless, different weight every time I stand on them. So I will not have anything to report till next Saturday. I have stuck to the plan and I'm not drinking alcohol so I hope I am losing!

Hope everyone is getting on ok.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #135
    £1000 Emergency Fund Challenge #303
    Debt total £10085/11768 Emergency fund £120/1000
    Weight loss 9/84lbs
    • procrastinator
    • By procrastinator 15th Jan 20, 10:48 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 7,416 Thanks
    procrastinator
    Definitely better head space today.

Just water and coffee this morning
    Eve dinner advocado, tomato, cucumber, mozzarella & baked tofu slices
    pear
    liquorice and mint tea.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
    • Miss Behaving
    • By Miss Behaving 16th Jan 20, 10:01 AM
    • 325 Posts
    • 999 Thanks
    Miss Behaving
    Brambling Thanks for adding me!

Bfh I have done WW before and found working out the points a real pain but it's the accountability I really need! By going to the meetings, it kept me in line as I didn't want to do the walk of shame because I hadn't lost anything that week. I'm hoping that by committing to publicly post what I've eaten, I will be less likely to scoff a whole packet of A!di jelly worms

For me, it's really about portion control - I tend to think that because I'm vegan my diet is really healthy and there are no calories in any of the foods I eat so I can gorge!

Honey What a selfless act eating all those coconut rings! My husband is also diabetic - when he was diagnosed I gave all his sweet treats away in order to save him from himself!

Blue Doggy Thanks for the welcome! I'm sure making myself post my food intake each day will keep me in check!!

Izadora My husband also works away regularly so can totally relate to not being bothered to cook and just snacking. I've started batch cooking and sticking ready meals in the freezer - I'm finding that this is helping.

Ok, so yesterday was day 1 of my diet. Not too bad food wise:

B - Grilled tomatoes on toast
    L - Budha bowl with a table spoon of chick peas for protein
    D - Pasta with lentil and mushroom ragu.

I also had a very large glass of wine to reward myself for deep cleaning the kitchen - I'm going to log this as a snack as I didn't have any today
    Some people stir up a storm then wonder why it rains on them.

January Grocery Challenge £87.36/£300
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 16th Jan 20, 12:13 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 6,044 Thanks
    Izadora
    Morning All,

Bfh I think I must approach diets in a similar way to you. I can't cope with anything that's overly complicated to keep track of and if any particular food's off limits I start to obsess over it.

Patentgirl Well done on the loss

Blue Doggy I hope you've got over your weak and wobbly. I find that I'm more prone to them when I'm really tired so it was possibly the lack of sleep. Keeping track of what you've eaten when they happen is probably a good idea though.

Sirens Well done, that's a really good loss. Enjoy your day of pottering and relaxing, it sounds like you deserve a break after dealing with colleagues being off. I think I'd rather be busy than have to deal with people bringing their germs in though!!

Brambling I hope you've recovered from the STS. I can fully understand having a sulk about it, I do exactly the same even though I know that it's not actually helping me, and I hope things are better today.

2goals2get2 As annoying as not being able to weigh in must be well done for sticking to the plan and I'm sure things are heading in the right direction

Procrastinator I'm glad yesterday was a better head space. It doesn't sound like you ate very much, I would be cranky as hell if that's all I'd had!!

Miss Behaving I know a few people who think that eating vegan means you can eat as much as you like. One of my friends couldn't understand how, having gone vegan, he wasn't losing weight. I had to point out that eating a load of deep-fried falafel and an entire tub of houmous for lunch was quite a few calories
    The wine was definitely deserved as a reward. I generally ache more after deep cleaning the kitchen than I ever have after exercise.

Even though I've got dinners in the freezer I tend to find even defrosting them and prepping some veg or salad to go with them too much effort when it's just me. I was very good last night though, I had a few strong words with myself about not treating me as not worth the bother and made myself the soup. I'm very glad I did as it was really lovely and one of the most filling/satisfying soups I've had in a long time and I have a couple more portions now sitting in the freezer

I did have a couple of snacks, some rice bite things (not as healthy as that sounds, the second ingredient on the list is oil!!!) and a couple of minstrels, but was still within an acceptable calorie count for the day.

Today:
    B - Seeded toast and chili philadelphia again
    L - Having mentioned it I now really fancy houmous so will probably have that with carrot sticks and maybe pitta bread
    D - Probably spag bol. It needs to be something quick and easy because I'm doing C25K tonight and am starving by the time I get in.

Hmmm, that seems rather carb heavy. I must try to cut down on bread again.

Have a good day everyone xx
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 16th Jan 20, 4:39 PM
    • 937 Posts
    • 5,573 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Hello All

Lovely day of pottering, I feel recharged! Izadorai haven't had minstrels in ages, really fancy some now will have to get a packet to 'share' with the kids. I do prefer to be busy at work but not hectic as I feel rather than helping customer properly I'm just trying to get through the queue as quick as I can, but yes I'd rather that then getting someone's cold!

I confess I do follow sw from home and find it easier for me, I like to know what to eat and what to mainly avoid (although there is wiggle room) I'm much to lazy to count calories. I used to go to ww group but didn't seem to have much success, I think you just have to find the fit for you and your life style and go with that.

Brambling sometimes I think we need a good sulk, get it out the way and start a fresh. Xx
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS 6/20
    • jackrabbit123
    • By jackrabbit123 16th Jan 20, 8:10 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    jackrabbit123
    Morning all, and it's nearly the end of the week (sorry to those who work weekends, I used to do every weekend so I fully understand!!).

Thank you all for my congrats, it's a small amount compared to some of you (Very Well Done!!)
    but it's going in the right direction!! Though last nights tea may change this, it started of with good intentions ham salad and half a tattie, but when chocolate was calling I 'found' a half empty (I'd hidden it weeks ago but remembered where it was...) chocolate box with a fudge finger and chomp bar left, they are no more!! DH and DS come back tomorrow so hopefully food planning gets back to normal, it goes out the window when it's just me ( and the dogs!) I have to think about!!

Izadora,Thankfully it's been blowing a hoolie and our lecky has been on and off but SO FAR it's stayed on, going to see DS1 tonight so making tea so it's sausage and mash and crumble !!

Welcome Miss Behaving!

Honey, Well done with the cupboard and food sorting, hope your DH improves with his new food regime and manages his Diabetes.

Sirenes,I have weeks like yours this week being one of them, staff off sick and not enough bodies to go around, missing DH and DS though had a lovely evening with DS1 watching Thomas the Tank Engine...again, though driving in the dark I don't like!!

I started this message in the morning, then forgot to send it , the sausage, mash and crumble was delish, I also failed to leave a bounty biscuit on it's own!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,542Users online

Martin's Twitter