Best before it’s gone

Hi Everyone,If you don’t mind buying food after it’s best before date then I would like to recommend a company called. “Best before it’s gone”. I have done 3 orders with them and been very pleased.everything was well pack. I live in Scotland and for some reason we are classed as the highlands,but with this company the postage was £4 but it is on a sliding scale depending on weight.

I have nothing to do with the company ....I am just a very happy customer.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,860
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 27 December 2019 at 4:39AM
    Just had a quick look round the website, some items were not very cheap at all when you consider that its all after the BB date. I used to use approved foods a lot until they got greedy with some of their prices too unfortunately. Didnt seem to be a lot of choice either other than a lot of junk food.

https://cheapfood.co.uk/food/

Quick example is the walkers variety box £3.95 which was £4 at Tesco a week ago so a 5p saving for a month out of date.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,500
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Just had a quick look round the website, some items were not very cheap at all when you consider that its all after the BB date. I used to use approved foods a lot until they got greedy with some of their prices too unfortunately. Didnt seem to be a lot of choice either other than a lot of junk food.

Quick example is the walkers variety box £3.95 which was £4 at Tesco a week ago so a 5p saving for a month out of date.

I suppose if you live somewhere fairly remote without easy access to a large supermarket then they could be good prices.
  • I don't consider myself very fussy about dates - if it smells and tastes fine, I'll eat it - but I think mayonnaise with a BB date of 31/07/2015 might be a little much, even for me :rotfl:

Thank you for the recommendation though! Always good to know about these sites.
    In it to win it!
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,758
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sarah1972 wrote: »

and crisps a month after the best before are often awful. They do seem to go soft fairly quickly.
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    jon81uk wrote: »
    and crisps a month after the best before are often awful. They do seem to go soft fairly quickly.

There was a shop that sold out of date food and it closed after a few months as people saw how out of date they were. Crisps I saw were 8 MONTHS after the BB date and they will be horrible. Saw some chocolate dated 15 months after the date and it would be fully covered in the white bloom stuff and horrible
  • I worked for a firm that redated stuff for a company.

So much of the pallet was tested independently and given a new BB date, so you can't really trust them:)
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • I have been using this site for some time now.
    Always found most stuff is fine, I have had couple of things which were not great however the company has a no quibble policy and sorted my issues no problems. 
    Crisps I have found are normally fine to eat past their date, I bought 40 packets of small Corkers for £1 in the Jan sale and I'm still eating them...they were great value.
    Trustpilot reviews are good..that says something, no hesitation from my side, thumbs up guys :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure