Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elsiepac
    • By elsiepac 28th Jul 18, 11:09 PM
    • 1,846Posts
    • 13,224Thanks
    elsiepac
    January 2020 Grocery Challenge
    • 28th Jul 18, 11:09 PM
    January 2020 Grocery Challenge 28th Jul 18 at 11:09 PM
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to the first Grocery Challenge of 2020 !!!!

If your new month starts early feel free to join this thread, or if you're still working on your December budget, then keep on posting in the December Challenge.

As always this challenge is to reduce your own grocery budget to levels that you will be pleased with, not forgetting that we always recommend that you stay inside your own comfort levels and take things gently one step at a time. Remember that this is not a competition....it's designed to take you and your grocery spending to a level you are happy with.

If you are new to the challenge I have quoted the advice from Galtizz below which will help you get started.

Please post into this thread for help and advice and support at any time. Good luck to everyone taking part!

I have said this before, but for all the newbies to the challenge;

For the first month I took a guess at the budget but I really had no idea how much I was spending.

I found the best thing is to have a guess the first month but SAVE ALL OF YOUR RECEIPTS (and yes, that does include the ones from the local shop when you run out of milk), then at the end of the month add them all up and have a look if you were on budget, if not, it doesn't matter because your budget was a guess. For the next month you can use the total of your receipts and take a bit off to get a realistic budget, just shave off as much as you think you can, it could be £1 a week or £20 a week.

If you are currently spending £200 a month don't suddenly drop it to £100 - you'll never do it but if you cut £20 a month off for a few months you'll get there eventually without feeling you're missing out on anything.

You might think you've done everything you can in the first month but someone always comes up with a new idea and, if you try it you often find you save a bit more (unless you are SarahSaver who is an expert at this and could only save more if she turned her back garden into a paddy field and lived on rice ) In the first month I thought, I'm planning meals, I couldn't possibly save any more, but then I started double cooking and freezing, and making soup instead of buying it in tins.

I've been doing this since Feb but only saved ALL of my receipts last month, it has given me a much better idea of where it is all going. Budget for next month is £80 for 2 of us, I'll start on 30/4. I could probably save more, by eating different foods but I can afford to live on £80, I have saved a lot of money since Feb. and I don't waste food or money any more. So I'm happy with my budget.
    By request, here is Spiggles wonderful helpful post

We all have different budgets that suit our households. The most important thing to remember is that you set yours according to your needs and finances. It can take time to get to where you want to be too so don't knock yourself out if you go over in the first few months. We are here to support each other and it is not a competition.

I thought it might help to outline where we've come from and the top tips I've learned.

When we started in March 2010 we had spent in excess of £600 in the previous month. This had to stop, (there's only me and him and our two beautiful black cats) something which thankfully my OH completely agreed with so I have been lucky that he has been on board from the start. He gave me his debit card voluntarily and I still keep hold of it until he needs to get something for the home. At the same time we set up a system of pocket money (pm) at £15 each per week which doesn't count towards the GC and which we can each spend as we wish with no comebacks or complaints. OH predominantly uses his pm on his beer and I ferret mine away mostly.

The next step was to set up my own spreadsheet which is absolutely simple onto which I put all spends so that I have a continuous running total for the month and for the year. We initially set our budget at £280 per month and brought it down to £240 where it resides for most of the year it is occasionally increased to allow for extras e.g. Christmas to £260.

The important 'tools' we found greatly helped and continue to do so now are:

Stocktake cupboards, fridge, freezer - make lists and ensure that the older products get used up first. You'll be amazed at what you find squirrelled away and it will help with your shopping list as you'll realise that you don't actually need so much.

Before you go shopping check staples - running out of milk, bread, butter, etc often leads to going into a shop for one thing and coming out £20 lighter. Always check these and if they'll run out tomorrow buy them the same time as getting other things.

Always make a shopping list and stick to it - the supermarkets (sm) try every which way to get us to spend so having a list and strong resolve is the only way to beat them.

Keep every receipt - and then note it down on your spreadsheet/spend diary so that you always know where you are.

When tempted, ask yourself do you NEED it or just WANT it - now this advice goes with two things. Firstly, the things you see in store when shopping that APPEAR to be bargains - if you hadn't planned spending the money then its not a bargain. Secondly, the sm send us loads of vouchers for £X off a spend of £XX - if you had no NEED to spend £XX then have you SAVED anything???

Use my supermarket to compare prices (limited to four of the biggies) - The site may be used to actually do an online shop at whichever of the big four offers the best value or, if you have the time and sm availability, to make up lists for visiting each of the stores so that you can purchase all you need at different stores thus getting the best possible value. (I'd add, do a 'shop' virtually on this site and take the list you create on it with you, whichever one you shop at, it will help keep target prices in your head and allow you to spot bargains. Mr M is not included but you can do a virtual list on their website so you know what you're going to be spending.)

Always have a list - this is just as important when shopping online as shopping on foot.

Use Approved Foods online (with a list!) - if you don't mind out of date things (ood) or you can search for only in date items. The only drawback is storing the goods as far as I can tell. Oh, and watch the delivery as it's done on a scaled charge for weight so keep an eye on it. You can of course do an AF order with friends, family, colleagues or like minded neighbours. Other GCers use Big Br*nds 4 Less too.

Invest in a bread maker - we have saved so much by making our own bread. The prices in the shops are extortionate for bread these days. There's loads of advice on this thread and others in the forum on this.

Use the recipe lists - always posted at the front of a new thread. There are fantastic, tasty, healthy and economical recipes to use on them and there are a number of other threads on the forum such as Weezl's that will help you to eat well on a budget.

Shop locally - the local greengrocer (or preferably market but I don't have one ) is usually cheaper as an option for fruit and veg (f&v) than the sm. Often the prices may look the same but when you look at the quantity for the same price the greengrocer will be cheaper. The same goes for the local butcher. Often you will have far more variety of meat available, advice on how to cook a particular meat can be offered and there is (for me at least) no comparison in terms of quality. We buy our huge FR eggs there and I'm yet to find an equivalent FR egg in a sm at the same or lower price. Obviously if you have your own chicks/know someone who has chicks you can get them even cheaper again.

Grow your own - it's quite simple to grow some f&v at home even if it's only in pots on the patio. There are also supportive threads on the forum for this.

Cook your own - making meals at home from ingredients is far more economical, often tastes better than shop bought and is probably far better health wise.

Meal Plan - this is something that others can advise on as we don't do it. I have a tremendous capacity for eating the same food over many days but presented in slightly different form. For example, we could buy £7 worth of brisket from the butchers and eat it as pot roast for a couple of days, sliced for sarnies, sliced with a salad, chucked into a casserole or shredded up and fried as crispy beef.

Don't waste food - either only make what you need or use any leftovers for other meals/creations or freeze it for another day.

Withdraw the cash you want to spend - and keep it in a separate purse. This can be particularly effective as you have the money in front of you reducing rather than spending with plastic which is so easy to lose track of. Very useful when you first start out.

Don't go to the shops to browse - this can only lead to pain and hardship!!!

Keep posting and reading the thread - there really is no better supportive, wise and inspirational place to be! I think I saw that somebody mentioned forgetting to read/post. I get around this by using the Advanced button to post, below the window where your text is displayed you will see Additional Options. In the Thread Subscription box use the dropdown to select either instant email notification (this is what I use) or daily email notification before you submit your latest post. Then you will get an email into your inbox from which you can click to the thread to see what others are saying.

Always remember the sm is not your friend - it wants to profit from you and take as much of your money as it can coerce out of you!

So, there you go as a starting point. Others on here will offer tremendous advice on meal planning. And don't forget, the only silly question is the one you didn't ask!

See you all later,
    Spigs
    For guidelines on posting in this thread please read the second post in this thread.

For the Grocery challenge Recipe Index please see posts #4 to #10 this thread (the list is growing!!!!!)

For everyone's totals, see post #3 on this thread

I hope everyone has a great month!

elsiepac
    Last edited by elsiepac; 26-12-2019 at 6:20 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style, Greenfingered, Energy & Going Out Deals boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    SPC No 074
    GC: Jan 20 £tbc/£250
    Vegan 27-8-13
Page 18
    • Barbeduk
    • By Barbeduk 14th Jan 20, 8:49 PM
    • 854 Posts
    • 7,502 Thanks
    Barbeduk
    Absolutely bloomin delighted to say that for 1 adult plus two ravenous teens I have so far spent £52.98 this month! Well below my budget thanks to the very full post Christmas freezer.

My biggest spend this month has been £13 odd at Aldi, where I get the things that I need to buy. The meals have been based on what's in the freezer or what I have bought yellow sticker at the supermarket on the walk home.

Everything that isn't from the freezer is also batch cooked so it's covering more than one day's meals. Made pizzas at the weekend, again I made enough dough to do a couple of days worth - the kids were delighted! Big thumbs up from ds too as he thought it was nicer than his favourite shop bought pizza (thank you Jamie Oliver!)

Got to do a shot tomorrow for all the basics but hopefully it shouldn't take me over £20 - really need to make this a successful under budget month as every penny I don't spend gets saved.
    Make £2020 in 2020 £41.12/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Jan Grocery Challenge £53.98/£220
    • miss empty piggy
    • By miss empty piggy 14th Jan 20, 10:48 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 7,426 Thanks
    miss empty piggy
    We had a delivery yesterday of £37.10; included a bamboo toothbrush and a menstrual cup. Went shopping today; £16.66 spent. Together they total £53.76.

£186.63/£240.
    £53.37 left.
    Originally posted by Doom_and_Gloom
    I LOVE my menstrual cup - it takes a bit of getting used to but I would never go back now. xx
    DFW Nerd No: 600

£193.07/£300. Jan grocery challenge 2020
    Pay all debts off by Xmas 2020 £125/£6k
    Wombling 2020 £9.64
    • elsiepac
    • By elsiepac 15th Jan 20, 8:34 AM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 13,224 Thanks
    elsiepac
    Jamabalaya (Vegan)
    I had a pack of L1nda McCartney Red Onion & Rosemary Stuffing Balls in the fridge along with a pack of Sainsbobs Chorizo Shroomdogs which I hadn't tried before... both needed using by 16th and 17th this week so I made a version of Jambalaya - totally forgot about this recipe and it's such a great one that I used to make all the time... It's based off one from a cookbook (One Dish Vegan by Robin Robertson) but I've always adapted it slightly as follows:

Jamabalaya
    • 1 pack vegan sausages (I usually use the Linda M Red Onion & Rosemary frozen ones but as per above I used the balls plus the chorizo ones last night)
    • 1 large or 2 small white or brown onions
    • 3 cloves garlic
    • 2-4 sticks celery
    • 1-2 green peppers
    • 3 tbsps tomato puree
    • 1 tin kidney beans (you could use 2 to bulk it out further if you like)
    • 1 tin chopped tomatoes or a carton of passata
    • 1 stock cube/pot
    • 1 tsp dried thyme
    • 4 tbsp fresh parsley or 2 tbsps dried
    • 1 cup brown rice
    • 2 cups water
    • 1-2tsp Tabasco sauce

1. Pop the sausages on a baking tray and get them cooking whilst you make the rest
    2. Chop and saute the onion, garlic, celery and pepper for about 5 mins until soft - you could use water or olive oil depending on preference
    3. Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, thyme, parsley, stock cube, water and rice
    4. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the rice is cooked - cover if it starts to dry out (which it shouldn't) and DO STIR IT every now and then
    5. When the sausages are done chop them into bite size pieces and add to the rest of the Jambalaya
    6. When the rice is cooked and most of the liquid is gone, stir in the Tabasco to taste
    7. Serve up with more fresh parsley on top if you have it, or coriander is good too, and a lime wedge if you have some!

Last edited by elsiepac; 15-01-2020 at 8:42 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style, Greenfingered, Energy & Going Out Deals boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    SPC No 074
    Vegan 27-8-13
    • thriftwizard
    • By thriftwizard 15th Jan 20, 9:27 AM
    • 3,278 Posts
    • 39,691 Thanks
    thriftwizard
    elsiepac, that looks delicious! I'd make it tonight if we weren't still eating up baked potatoes with leftovers & things that have been in the freezer for too long...

£3 spent yesterday on a large baker's loaf; I was baking myself, but had too many other things a-cooking, proving or in the oven to do bread as well. Last night's dinner was fish pie, made from previously-frozen scraps and chunks from packets found in the bottom of the freezer when I defrosted it, plus a handful of prawns from a similarly-long-forgotten packet. The topping was grated cheese from the last pack bought before Christmas (in case we ran out of the Good Stuff) and a handful of breadcrumbs from a bag I keep in the little indoor freezer & top up whenever I have more stale bread than The Girls (i.e. the chickens) can handle. Which doesn't happen often, but there's no sense wasting it when it does!

In other news, it appears we may have a guest for a couple of weeks next month; my mother. My brother & SiL who live near her & handle most of her care are in need of a good holiday - they've both been knocked sideways by the recent 'flu bug, and are exhausted by caring for both Mum and their grandchildren - and we're the only others with the "facilities" to care for her - i.e. a downstairs bedroom! This will be interesting; lovely to have her, but my SiL has put her onto a milk & gluten-free diet. Bearing in mind we already have two different diets going on in the household - 2 omni, 2 pescatarian - that adds another level of complexity & nut milks & gluten-free things don't come cheap or from my usual suppliers. Obviously she will pay her way, but my logistical skills will be mightily challenged!
    Angie

GC Jan 20 - £368.58/£420
    2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 0 used out of 68

(Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
    • elsiepac
    • By elsiepac 15th Jan 20, 11:10 AM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 13,224 Thanks
    elsiepac
    Thanks thriftwizard, I definitely recommend it! You can of course chuck in whichever sausages you like and make it your own!

Regards your mum coming and the new diet she's on, I forget if you are near an Ald1 or L1dl... as they both have a good range of plant milks significantly cheaper than the supermarkets and certainly some gluten free products, though whether those are free of milk is another thing! Also, the cheapest plant milk you could try making at home is oat milk I reckon if that helps...
    SPC No 074
    Vegan 27-8-13
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Jan 20, 11:54 AM
    • 27,778 Posts
    • 118,576 Thanks
    candygirl
    Just ordered another Morrison's shop, which has come to £28, food wise.So my total so far is £68/150.The best bit, is that I have a ,shiny new fridge freezer, to put it all in Thrills n spills
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Jan 20, 2:00 PM
    • 3,325 Posts
    • 43,467 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Spent £60 today,

£40 at Asda, includes £20 of tinned cat food, which will last a month.
    £20 at Aldi, including £7 of builder biscuits and coffee.

Goat cheese and beetroot tarts tonight, with jacket potatoes and salad cheese, beetroot and pastry from Christmas stocks
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£200/£185
    • boultdj
    • By boultdj 15th Jan 20, 4:27 PM
    • 4,607 Posts
    • 34,187 Thanks
    boultdj
    Another £9.30 to add to the total, got 2 lovely cauli's reduced, nothing wrong with 'em, so will alter the meal plan and do a vegetable cheese bake for tomorrow.
    Grocery Challenge Nov £300/£296.65
    G C Dec £300/£299.98
    Jan G C £250 / £161.07
    2020 club
    • lantanna
    • By lantanna 15th Jan 20, 4:42 PM
    • 2,671 Posts
    • 20,480 Thanks
    lantanna
    £3.60 today on lunch on the run after a funeral. Monday starts a new month for me so think I can get there on a minimal few more spends.

Thinking I’m going to give doing a big shop a Miss next week and continue using up what’s in the freezer.
    2020 my frugal year.
    7k savings 2020 £25/£7000
    Feb GC £98.30/ £300.00
    Toiletries 2020 In 8 Out 16
    • Pixie Fairydust
    • By Pixie Fairydust 15th Jan 20, 6:51 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 3,937 Thanks
    Pixie Fairydust
    £5.97

Had to get my son to pop into our local shop for emergency cat food and lemonade, only thing I can fancy to drink at the moment!

Will update my total.

Still feeling knocked out with the chest infection, hope meds kick in soon!

Pix
    Xx
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

#206 Pay all debt by Xmas 2020 - £0/£10000
    #86 SPC 2020
    Grocery Challenge Jan 20 £67.96/£150
    • Saver.The.Taste
    • By Saver.The.Taste 15th Jan 20, 7:46 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Saver.The.Taste
    Small little top up again for a cheap loaf and a stock up on veg for my soup, good old YS helping me there! £5.36 spent taking me to 51.41 for the month. Halfway through my month and only a third spent with a very healthy fridge and freezer. Couldn't be happier!!
    January Bring Your Lunch To Work 12/15
    January Grocery Challenge £57.74/£155 37.3%
    January No Spend Days 11/17
    • StripeyTightsSpottySocks
    • By StripeyTightsSpottySocks 15th Jan 20, 9:25 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 995 Thanks
    StripeyTightsSpottySocks
    £40.11/£100 spent Annual (27 Dec - 26 Dec) /£1,325 to be updated when declare for the month so as not to confuse myself cat food £57.90

Some shopping done but i only got to 2 of the 5 shops on my list because of traffic

Mr As - £4.85 on veg & fruit, lemonade so i can use it a mixer with the drink i got at xmas, reduced bread rolls so i could have hot dogs for tea - using a tin up we already had in

Mr Ts - £3.51 reduced loaf - will use for tea tomorrow reduced black pud x2 reduced fish x 2 and milk

Bought food for cats from both of them. So the very loose food plan was rearranged with hot dogs today and an on toast meal tomorrow - which i'm actually looking forward to as i enjoy a couple of 'lighter' easier meals in the week. Fish and puds frozen for future meals - they weren't on the list but at full price would have been £11.20 and i paid £2.64 so a very good saving & whilst i shouldn't be stocking up the freezer again Mr Socks has requested fish meals over the next few weeks.

elsiepac thank you for sharing your recipe - i have all the ingredients except i just have white rice so i hope this will work just as well - so i may make this over the weekend
    14/07/2019 Mortgage Balance £52,995.15 £50,150
    16/07/2019 T Credit Card Balance £1728.50 £870
    £1,500 bill paid in full oct 19
    16/07/2019 Mortgage Savings £9,650.00
    EF£100/£1,000
    p9
    • miss empty piggy
    • By miss empty piggy 16th Jan 20, 7:03 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 7,426 Thanks
    miss empty piggy
    DD2 bought us a takeaway last night as she didn't fancy the "something on toast" that was advertised for tea. I had some cheesy chips but she picked me up a SM meat-free lasagne as well which I might have for tea tonight! She also bought doughnuts for dessert. She really is so lovely.

On the flip side, I checked the bank account and DOH had spent £2.05 at the canteen at work on "snacks" which really annoys me as he took an entire tin of quality street to work last week and has eaten them all (apart from the ones he doesn't like) and we still have a big stock of "snacks" at home that if he hadn't been "cutting back" he would have taken and negated the need to impulse buy. I know it's not a massive deal and I'll get over myself but right now I'm irritated.

Plus, the milk delivery has disappeared. I'm worried that it has been stolen which will be a pain as it will cost me money one way or another, either by having to buy SM milk again, which will frustrate me with all the plastic, or I'll have to buy a holder to go on the front of my house. Not a great start to a Thursday morning.

Anyway I hope everyone has a great day. xxx
    DFW Nerd No: 600

£193.07/£300. Jan grocery challenge 2020
    Pay all debts off by Xmas 2020 £125/£6k
    Wombling 2020 £9.64
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 16th Jan 20, 8:23 AM
    • 3,325 Posts
    • 43,467 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    NSD today, cas I’m not going out, I have paperwork to do, and want to list some bits on eBay.

Ended up having goats cheese and beetroot tarts from Christmas leftovers last night, with jacket potatoes and salad, so tonight we’ll be having what was due last night, toad in the hole using some pigs in blankets frozen from Christmas, served with some sprout tops and gravy

I am really enjoying making up meal plans from stocks I have in already
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£200/£185
    • Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 16th Jan 20, 8:29 AM
    • 3,581 Posts
    • 31,028 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    I really need bowl fruit and carrots. I could go to the local coop rather than the big SM but I prefer the fruit quality in the SM. That is all I need this week as another bag of lamb (chops) is out of the freezer, along with a bag of homegrown chopped up courgettes that I made soup with yesterday. The soup will do lunches and I have aubergines to make Melanzane Parmiggiana and mince and peppers to make stuffed peppers. If it ever stopped raining we have leeks and carrots still in the ground too. I wonder if we can keep our spend under £150 including stores this month? £74.83 so far for both fresh and store-cupboard
    Save £12k in 2019 - #68 £9.396.36/£7,000 134.23% total
    Save £12k in 2020 - #20
    OS Grocery Challenge 2020 target £0/£3k 0% so far
    Mortgage Free Wannabes 2020 #37
    MFIT T5 No 2 £42,188/£59,998 or 70.32% paid after Q3
    My DFD is here
    • Miss Behaving
    • By Miss Behaving 16th Jan 20, 10:23 AM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    Miss Behaving
    Good evening. It's been a busy busy week. Really need to look at the meals,fed up of the same thing over ad over again.
    Originally posted by charlies tribe
    charlies tribe - I know what you mean about getting fed up of the same old things. I'm informally doing the 20 x 20s for 2020 and one my 20s is to cook 20 new recipes over the course of the year. I'm sure it will be more as I'm finding some great new recipes I want to try! I have found looking at other posters' meal plans has given me a lot of inspiration!
    Some people stir up a storm then wonder why it rains on them.

January Grocery Challenge £228.80/£300
    • try harder
    • By try harder 16th Jan 20, 11:50 AM
    • 890 Posts
    • 3,563 Thanks
    try harder
    Just a quick update ..Week 1 stayed under my budget week 2 went over by around £30 which is very disappointing ..I will be working very hard over this next half of the month to keep to what I have left ,I have lots of food in the freezer so fingers crossed I can do it
    • purpleybat
    • By purpleybat 16th Jan 20, 12:10 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 3,298 Thanks
    purpleybat
    hello all,

i'm distraught, i'm at £80 for the month and still have 2 weeks to go!!

admittedly last night's morries delivery had a HUGE sack of spuds that will last a month to 6 weeks and lots of stuff that will last for a couple of months so i don't mind so much that i'll probably be over this month. i seem to remember giving myself quite a tight budget, i will have to pop back and have a look.

so yesterday i spent £28.61 on my morries delivery and £16.55 on my usual weekly lidls shop.

i need to save as much as possible cos the dreaded dental work starts this friday, it's going to cost more cos i broke another tooth so that's now 10 crowns!!

thankyou to the person that mentioned the sevilles are out, i've not seen them on morries website tho i've been keeping my beady eye out. a pal is putting me them her delivery from another supermarket, luckily marmalade making comes out of dad's budget
    Last edited by purpleybat; 16-01-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    • pamsdish
    • By pamsdish 16th Jan 20, 1:22 PM
    • 1,524 Posts
    • 8,924 Thanks
    pamsdish
    £10.07 spent in morries mostly y.s. stuff
    2018 £2285/£2149, 2019 £2000, 2020 £2000, JAN £166.66-£6.78=£149.88-£18.62=£131.26-£31.55=£99.71-£10.07=£89.64-£11.40=£78.24-£3.09=£75.15-£8.15=£67-£16.85=£50.15
    • thriftwizard
    • By thriftwizard 16th Jan 20, 5:06 PM
    • 3,278 Posts
    • 39,691 Thanks
    thriftwizard
    £16.38 spent today, on a few bits & bobs from the supermarket that we'd run out of - apples, Greek yogurt, mushrooms, mozzarella etc.

Oooops, nearly forgot - need to add another £3 for bread too. DS1, partner & puppy arriving tomorrow, so much entertaining will be happening on a weekend when I'm already dead busy!
    Angie

GC Jan 20 - £368.58/£420
    2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 0 used out of 68

(Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,196Posts Today

5,404Users online

Martin's Twitter