Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kippers
    • By kippers 24th Dec 19, 5:54 AM
    • 1,976Posts
    • 6,058Thanks
    kippers
    7 WOW
    Boot 50% sale has started online
    • 24th Dec 19, 5:54 AM
    7 WOW
    Boot 50% sale has started online 24th Dec 19 at 5:54 AM
    For anyone who cant face the January 70% in store ‘gift set battle’....the boots 50% sale has started on line:

https://www.boots.com/offers/sale/christmas-gift-sale
    Last edited by kippers; 01-01-2020 at 7:56 PM.
Page 2
    • Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 14th Jan 20, 5:51 PM
    • 1,167 Posts
    • 4,939 Thanks
    Desperado99
    Speculating is half the fun (probably more) I miss the old days of waiting up to see if the website goes down and waltzing into my local store when even the staff didn't know the prices had dropped.........

At least if it's late January, it'll be after payday
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Jan 20, 9:30 AM
    • 8,316 Posts
    • 55,005 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I think we will go back to the pattern after last year and it will be Wednesday 22nd.

This is just me speculating at the moment but if I get told anything Iíll report back
    Originally posted by Figgi
    I totally forgot they moved it from a Wed to a Friday before. Well if it's Wed 22nd I'm scunnered as I can't make it then.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Figgi
    • By Figgi 15th Jan 20, 9:39 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Figgi
    Fragrance gift sets have gone further down from today. Someone in my local shop told me they were waiting for the tickets to get delivered but the offer had started.

Still no date for 70%
    • cookiemom01
    • By cookiemom01 16th Jan 20, 10:00 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    cookiemom01
    Thank you Figgi
    Xx
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 16th Jan 20, 12:22 PM
    • 39,806 Posts
    • 164,164 Thanks
    silvercar
    50% is only really 25% off when you allow for the fact that it was mainly 3 for 2 to start with.

Similarly 70% off us really only 45% off.
    • JWM
    • By JWM 16th Jan 20, 2:14 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    JWM
    Was in my local large Boots yesterday - I could not believe the amount of 50% stock they had! Normally its 7-8 rows before Xmas, but its now almost all of the first floor - at least 14 rows of the stuff!

Mostly Lynx and Soap and Glory, the No7 stuff at 50% was sold out straight after Xmas.

Can't see Boots starting the 70% sale until there is at least a dent in this lot!

By the way, even at 70% there was still nothing I wanted/needed.
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 16th Jan 20, 4:58 PM
    • 10,931 Posts
    • 39,508 Thanks
    luxor4t
    ..... I miss the old days of waiting up to see if the website goes down .....
    Originally posted by Desperado99
    Those were the days, the Boots thread, the silly jokes at 2am or whenever it was when we were all staring at the screen saver, and the absolute shock when the prices rolled down, and my b****y screen froze!

By the time I got it reloaded every blessed thing in my basket was out of stock

One sale I bought 4 pairs of bootee slippers because they were some ridiculous low price. The beastly things proved to be practically indestructible and washed really well. I gave one pair away, but more than six years later I am finally finishing off the last pair! As they were all identical there is a family legend that I never buy new slippers
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • calash
    • By calash 19th Jan 20, 7:29 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 134,339 Thanks
    calash
    Boots?
    Hi does anyone know if Boots are going to do the 75% off this year? Thanks
    • venison
    • By venison 19th Jan 20, 11:10 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 6,088 Thanks
    venison
    Our local medium sized store was almost devoid of 50% off rubbish on Friday 6 aisles of empty shelves and a load of harry potter tatt.
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail
    • moneysaver890
    • By moneysaver890 19th Jan 20, 11:39 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    moneysaver890
    If anyone happens to know what stock levels are like at Meadowhall, if you could let me know please
    • Lavendar
    • By Lavendar 20th Jan 20, 3:07 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Lavendar
    Is there another thread about Boots sale or the 70% sale this one is very short
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 20th Jan 20, 3:32 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Is there another thread about Boots sale or the 70% sale this one is very short
    Originally posted by Lavendar

I think this one is short because the "Boots Sale" bubble has burst. People have lost interest the last few years and personally speaking I didn't go last year because there was nothing I wanted. In previous years I went because of the hype (especially on here) and bought a few bits that I didn't really want or need. I probably won't go this year either.
    • cookiemom01
    • By cookiemom01 20th Jan 20, 5:37 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    cookiemom01
    I wondered if there was another thread too XX
    • ailey
    • By ailey 20th Jan 20, 5:53 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 1,889 Thanks
    ailey
    Hi does anyone know if Boots are going to do the 75% off this year? Thanks
    Originally posted by calash
    It's been 70% off the last couple of years or more but still good at that. I bought some half price items last week as there wasn't a lot left of the couple of brands I wanted. I just decided that 50% was really good anyway and that I probably wouldn't go into town early enough to get what I wanted. I couldn't believe how much of the 50% they had sold in a week since I was last there. From 2 full sides of an aisle and all moved onto about two thirds of one side. I could have saved another £16 but at least I got the items I wanted at a good price without crowds of people trying to get their items.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
    • Lavendar
    • By Lavendar 21st Jan 20, 6:22 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Lavendar
    I did the same as it was something I wanted and guessed that it wouldn't be in the sale later. Also I used my points.
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 21st Jan 20, 9:33 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Figgi
    Still no update
    • JWM
    • By JWM 21st Jan 20, 12:10 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    JWM
    I think this one is short because the "Boots Sale" bubble has burst. People have lost interest the last few years and personally speaking I didn't go last year because there was nothing I wanted. In previous years I went because of the hype (especially on here) and bought a few bits that I didn't really want or need. I probably won't go this year either.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs

That's me too!

Shame though as the Boots 75% sale (as it used to be) was a post Xmas highlight!
    • moneysaver890
    • By moneysaver890 21st Jan 20, 6:42 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    moneysaver890
    Still no update
    Originally posted by Figgi
    Thanks for keeping us updated Figgi
    • Preedyboi
    • By Preedyboi 22nd Jan 20, 12:27 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Preedyboi
    Deffo not as many leftover sales stock/bargains as previous years!

They are also hopefully learning that not many ppl fancy Makeup sets from Fearne Cotton/Millie Mcintosh/Little Mix!!
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 22nd Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    • 10,931 Posts
    • 39,508 Thanks
    luxor4t
    That's me too!

Shame though as the Boots 75% sale (as it used to be) was a post Xmas highlight!
    Originally posted by JWM
    We used to have to make our own entertainment ......such fun!

One year DH was working away and arranged his day so he could go to the sale for me (I could not get out of work).
    So there he was 200 miles away, bumbling round clutching my list, trying not to trample people and reaching things down from tall shelves - and somebody wrote about him on the Boots sale thread
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

4,313Users online

Martin's Twitter