Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vscappeal
    • By Vscappeal 17th Dec 19, 8:10 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Vscappeal
    VCS East Midlands Airport
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:10 PM
    VCS East Midlands Airport 17th Dec 19 at 8:10 PM
    Hi,

This is my first post on any forum ever so I apologise beforehand.
    I've read the "**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!" and I'm still unsure.

Two weeks ago I drove to East Midlands Airport to pick up my other half's friend, I was driving to the BP petrol station first to get some petrol before I went to pick her up and didn't expect her to be waiting near the petrol station (she doesnt speak English and I dont speak her native language so what my partner told her I was doing may have gotten lost in translation).

So whilst I was filling up she came towards my car and put her luggage in my car. I saw the camera vans driving around and due to the situation thought getting a ticket was likely.

Today I received a PCN notice to keeper with an amount of charge of 100 or reduced to 60 if pay within 14 days. Whilst I know this is some sort of an invoice and not a PCN from the local authority.

Can someone please advice me on the next steps I need to take to refuse/appeal this document.

Kind regards,
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Dec 19, 8:14 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:14 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:14 PM
    Use the blue text template from the newbies faq sticky thread near the top of the forum , appealing as keeper , no blabbing about who was driving , only a fool would do so

After that it's ignore , come back if they try a court claim within 6 years

The appeal will be rejected , so don't get your hopes up

As Elvis sang , caught in a trap , can't walk out , you are in it for the long haul
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Dec 19, 8:16 PM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:16 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:16 PM
    Next steps, I truly hate that phrase as it makes it sound like a child.

But just read exact same threads about the same thing! All you need to do is search the forum and come back in 2020 to defend the inevitable VCS claim.

Please don't ask us about appealing it. The NEWBIES thread tell you about that.

Please don't ask about what to do when they reject it...

See you next year when you really need our help, which is not at this nothing stage.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-12-2019 at 8:18 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Dec 19, 8:18 PM
    • 26,583 Posts
    • 43,669 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:18 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 8:18 PM
    You just need to do a forum search ** on keywords VCS East Midlands Airport or VCS EMA and read other threads.

There has been no resolution to any of the parking (stopping) charges at EMA as they've not been operating there very long. In any case, there is no silver bullet to shake them off unless/until a Judge decides. They have 6 years to pursue a court case against you.

Read other threads, bookmark them and follow as they progress. Your case is no different. The foreign language slant is irrelevant.

** HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Vscappeal
    • By Vscappeal 17th Dec 19, 9:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Vscappeal
    • 17th Dec 19, 9:29 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 9:29 PM
    I'm confused as to your response. You say wait until next year and do nothing but the newbie forum below says

"Postal PCN from a BPA or IPC member!?!(i.e. with!no!mention of any windscreen ticket):

A postal PCN or NTK might be headed up 'Reminder' or 'Charge Notice'!or it may even be a letter from a debt collector-!it is your Notice to Keeper, in effect,!if!it's the!first letter!to arrive.!No need to wait, if the event was in England/Wales, appeal online as registered keeper (or as ''hirer/lessee'' if that's the case, see!*!below re lease/hire cars).!"

Therefore instructing me to appeal
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Dec 19, 9:45 PM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Dec 19, 9:45 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 9:45 PM
    Yes. But it's not designed to work, that's not why you are sending it.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Dec 19, 9:51 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Dec 19, 9:51 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 9:51 PM
    The post's above told you to appeal , but don't expect a win

Chances are they may do something next year , or within 6 years

I did tell you that the appeal will be rejected , they always are , nothing confusing about it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Dec 19, 10:06 PM
    • 26,583 Posts
    • 43,669 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Dec 19, 10:06 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 10:06 PM
    I'm confused as to your response. You say wait until next year and do nothing but the newbie forum below says

"Postal PCN from a BPA or IPC member!?!(i.e. with!no!mention of any windscreen ticket):

A postal PCN or NTK might be headed up 'Reminder' or 'Charge Notice'!or it may even be a letter from a debt collector-!it is your Notice to Keeper, in effect,!if!it's the!first letter!to arrive.!No need to wait, if the event was in England/Wales, appeal online as registered keeper (or as ''hirer/lessee'' if that's the case, see!*!below re lease/hire cars).!"

Therefore instructing me to appeal
    Originally posted by Vscappeal
    What's with all the exclamation marks? Are you copy and pasting from MSWord? If so, you're likely to get your IP address banned by MSE.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Vscappeal
    • By Vscappeal 17th Dec 19, 10:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Vscappeal
    • 17th Dec 19, 10:17 PM
    • 17th Dec 19, 10:17 PM
    What's with all the exclamation marks? Are you copy and pasting from MSWord? If so, you're likely to get your IP address banned by MSE.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    No I copied from the newbie thread hence the quotation marks.
    • Vscappeal
    • By Vscappeal 17th Dec 19, 10:21 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Vscappeal
    Yes. But it's not designed to work, that's not why you are sending it.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Sorry but my situation differs from the scenario given by the template. The fine relates to stopping whilst at the petrol station not for parking.

Also I've read several threads in regards to bylaws, I'm still confused as to what purpose they serve, if someone could explain I'd greatly appreciate it. Could you also tell me if you know whether the station is under EMA jurisdiction or not?
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 17th Dec 19, 10:30 PM
    • 5,115 Posts
    • 7,685 Thanks
    Half_way
    i posted a link to the bye-laws previously - in another post ( you will need to search the forum)

the petrol station is within the boundries of the airport
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Dec 19, 10:34 PM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I've read several threads in regards to bylaws, I'm still confused as to what purpose they serve, if someone could explain I'd greatly appreciate it.
    If the land is covered by statutory control then it is not 'relevant land' and the PPC can't hold a person liable as registered keeper because they can't use the POFA, which excludes 'byelaws-regulated' (and council-owned) land.

Could you also tell me if you know whether the station is under EMA jurisdiction or not?
    Not sure, you'd need to consult a byelaws map or just spend a day or two reading the other threads about the same place, as I'm sure this has all been covered. We do repeat ourselves a lot on this forum and newbies learn most by reading similar threads where the question has already been answered.

Edit - Half_way has already found a thread we wanted you to find!

Any talk about the appeal is pointless, as is trying to make the template appeal 'fit' your case. Don't bother, just send it anyway or change it as you see fit (do whatever you like to it as long as you don't talk about driving) or alternatively, just ignore them and come here at claim stage.

See you when you get your claim.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-12-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    • Vscappeal
    • By Vscappeal 17th Dec 19, 10:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Vscappeal
    Thanks guys
    • Vscappeal
    • By Vscappeal 15th Jan 20, 11:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Vscappeal
    Thanks guys. I received an email yesterday stating my ticket was cancelled.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 1:04 AM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Woohoo, how did you manage that? VCS normally sue everyone and no appeals work.
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 16th Jan 20, 8:10 AM
    • 928 Posts
    • 1,498 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    Woohoo, how did you manage that? VCS normally sue everyone and no appeals work.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Could be bad press although this does not usually bother them but the Airport has commented. I think that this was reported in the Nationals as well.

An East Midlands Airport spokesperson said: “It is clear that Mr Wright was attempting to enter the car park and should not have been penalised.
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/east-midlands-airport-parking-fine-3715946

I hope that they lose the contract.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 16-01-2020 at 8:14 AM.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 16th Jan 20, 8:50 AM
    • 928 Posts
    • 1,498 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7860187/East-Midlands-Airport-customers-given-parking-fines-stopping-seconds.html

This scam has appeared in a number of the Nationals and Midland's and East Anglia Locals.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

15Posts Today

3,883Users online

Martin's Twitter