Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • basher52
    • By basher52 11th Dec 19, 9:26 AM
    • 89Posts
    • 43Thanks
    basher52
    Varley Park University of Brighton - County Court Claim
    • 11th Dec 19, 9:26 AM
    Varley Park University of Brighton - County Court Claim 11th Dec 19 at 9:26 AM
    I am the registered keeper but was not driving the car at the time. Driver was a known parson starting university. Parked in Varley Park (university halls of residence) for various reasons and has four PCN's from One Parking Solutions, Worthing. Reading numerous threads, I ignored the threatening letters but have now received a Northampton Court claim in the name of One Parking Solutions for the four tickets. Cost 560 plus interest, plus court costs. I understand that One Parking Solutions are no longer looking after parking at Varley Park. Are there any grounds for me to contest this claim?
Page 8
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 22nd Dec 19, 6:42 PM
    • 19,593 Posts
    • 24,988 Thanks
    KeithP
    Wow!! 140 posts from receiving a Claim form and the Defence isn't filed yet.

That must be some kind of record.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Dec 19, 6:47 PM
    • 26,583 Posts
    • 43,669 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Wow!! 140 posts from receiving a Claim form and the Defence isn't filed yet.

That must be some kind of record.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Nope. This one is virtually at the same stage, but 120+ posts further on!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76639607#post76639607
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • basher52
    • By basher52 22nd Dec 19, 7:34 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    Nope. This one is virtually at the same stage, but 120+ posts further on!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76639607#post76639607
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    I take it that some people just the hang of the process quicker than others. There is a tendency to take you guys for granted for which I apologise. Clearly not the quickest and was probably close to losing every-bodies interest. I get that.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 23rd Dec 19, 10:26 AM
    • 8,009 Posts
    • 9,072 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    So much to read and take in and under pressure to get it right.
    Just like being at Uni then! (Not that I would know - never went!)
    • basher52
    • By basher52 23rd Dec 19, 12:54 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Me neither
    • Redx
    • By Redx 23rd Dec 19, 1:04 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Me neither

But as a retired technical engineer I can use common sense and due process to work through a case , as an ex troubleshooter I had to take a problem , ascertain what was wrong (if anything was wrong as far as the company was concerned) , decide what action to take ,what info was required , who needed it and what they needed to deal with it , get it actioned , check it's been done and test the outcome to ensure that the issue was resolved

If it wasn't a problem for my company , I had to be able to stand my ground and tell the customer why we were not liable and they should look elsewhere

I haven't had a private PCN nor been to Court

But I can understand the processes and would do what I preach if necessary

You don't need legal training to do this , just common sense , due diligence , a sense of what is right , plus loads of reading and research , the rest is acquired gradually as the knowledge builds up

I too leave the brain behind as the typing tries to catch up with the thought process

Merry Chrimbo
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 23rd Dec 19, 1:15 PM
    • 8,009 Posts
    • 9,072 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Ah, that's what all us retired engineers do! I agree with your other comments about common sense, due diligence, reading and research.
    • basher52
    • By basher52 23rd Dec 19, 1:37 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    This process has been a very steep learning process for me. Clearly I could not have reached the level you are at for some time. The pressure was on because it was me. When Coupon Mad sent that letter it made so much sense. The rounding up in each paragraph! A clear demonstration of knowledge but tempered with common sense. I hope I can take this on board over the next few weeks and be of assistance to others in my position. I can take the criticism as it is founded, just could get my head round changes to what was required. Seemed like a mountain each time I had to do anything.

I have emailed the defence and the email has been received. The letter was a PDF document as it was scanned to me.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 23rd Dec 19, 2:57 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    Don't worry , a lot of us have learned from this thread and that wonderful defence , it's already been adapted in other threads this week because it helps them too (anorthernsoul has used it twice today)

As more court claims get issued , we all get better in fighting back against predatory scumpanies like OPS who prey on the young and innocent
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • basher52
    • By basher52 24th Dec 19, 11:54 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    A huge debt of gratitude and respect to all on this thread. Hope you have a great Christmas
    • basher52
    • By basher52 30th Dec 19, 3:18 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    Further to my SAR request to OPS and ZZPs, ZZPs have said

Quote - Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

These 4 cases have been passed back to our client.

Kind regards - Quote

OPS have only sent copies of NTK and original windscreen ticket, and not copies of emails engaging ZZPs etc. I understood that when requested they are required to send everything in connection with the case to me.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Dec 19, 4:06 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    Reply to both of them and demand copies of all correspondence relating to you and your vehicle , including all letters that are missing from your SAR replies , within 7 days , or you will report them to the ICO for withholding your personal data

Specifically mention copies of all letters to you at your address , including debt letters

It's not everything that relates to you , it's all your data , just data , letters , pictures , DVLA requests , pdt machines data if one was used etc, so data
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Dec 19, 4:12 PM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    There won't have been any emails to engage ZZPS. They do not send cases on a one off basis and discuss them by email.

And you are not entitled to see any legal advice contact with the actual solicitor firm.

OPS should have sent the PCN, NTK, any other letters/appeals from you/their replies, the LBC (if one was sent) and all photos taken. I would not be expecting much else.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Egbert Nobacon
    • By Egbert Nobacon 31st Dec 19, 8:03 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Egbert Nobacon
    There may not be any missing items but I like the thought of them running around wasting their time searching.
    • basher52
    • By basher52 7th Jan 20, 2:45 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    I have received some further SAR copies from ZZPS and have extracted / copied some of the text below.

"We wrote to you previously about this PCN, and according to us, this debt remains unpaid.
    Our next course of action is to pass this account to QDR Solicitors Limited. We would prefer to get to the bottom of this with you, without the need to use lawyers. However, we are duty bound to advise you that if this does get passed to QDR Solicitors Limited, the balance owing will increase by 10 plus VAT.
    The Supreme Court ruled in ParkingEye –v- Beavis that a Parking Charge issued on private land is
    enforceable and does not breach any consumer regulations.
    If this remains unpaid, in the event of legal action taking place, court fees and solicitors costs, along with statutory interest, could be added to the amount owed. The legal process is not simple and if you need advice, places where this can be sought are on the reverse of this letter.
    It is in your interests to either get in touch or pay this account and we again invite you to do so within
    seven days of you receiving this letter; if the account progresses to our solicitors, we will not be able to
    help you.
    Yours sincerely
    Customer Services
    Customer Services"

As I say this is the main part of a letter to me. Note where they state that the supreme court found in favour of Parking Eye vs Beavis.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Jan 20, 2:51 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    We know all about the Supreme court and Beavis , it's old news to us , very well documented in the press and on TV , nothing new regarding Beavis apart from he must have sold more fish and chips due to the publicity

Google it
    Newbies !!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Jan 20, 2:51 PM
    • 6,253 Posts
    • 8,277 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Not sure the point you are making? They did find in favour of PE.
    • basher52
    • By basher52 15th Jan 20, 10:28 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    basher52
    My narrative was to copy in some of the letter that I received from ZZPs working at the time for One Parking Solutions. I copied the wording as I thought it was quite intimidating / threatening. This and several other letters were received prior to receiving the CC Claim.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jan 20, 10:44 AM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    Please don't do it with all their paperwork like their WS , these companies produce rain forest destroying blurb whether it's relevant or not , the fact that you are not familiar with it and it makes you anxious is why they do it , just read what beamerguy keeps saying about it if you really want to fill in your time

Nobody here cares what Zzps say , ever , totally not interested , your case is nothing like the Beavis case

They may as well say don't go to Manchester city centre because the IRA bombed it in 1996 and then they quote the inquiry as being why it should be avoided

Read the bargepole timeline of events to find out what you should do and when
    Last edited by Redx; 15-01-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 3:27 AM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    My narrative was to copy in some of the letter that I received from ZZPs working at the time for One Parking Solutions. I copied the wording as I thought it was quite intimidating / threatening. This and several other letters were received prior to receiving the CC Claim.
    Originally posted by basher52
    None of that matters and of course Barry Beavis lost, we were here long before that infamous case was decided and we followed it through its stages. some of us are in touch with Barry B who is an honest PPC fighter. Power to his elbow - he still fights the good fight!

The point is, your case is NOTHING LIKE the facts in Beavis!

Who cares what drivel ZZPS sent you. File those letters, they are irrelevant begging letters and nothing to do with your defence case, which is all about distinguishing your case from Beavis on all facts and showing there was no agreed contract.

And if I am available on the day I can show up in court to argue your case for you, as you know.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,490Users online

Martin's Twitter