Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jim8888
    • By jim8888 19th Sep 19, 6:57 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 72Thanks
    jim8888
    0 WOW
    Missed Connection
    • 19th Sep 19, 6:57 PM
    0 WOW
    Missed Connection 19th Sep 19 at 6:57 PM
    Hi
    Iíve just missed a flight connection due to flight delay. Iím flying Boston to Manchester with Virgin/Delta via JFK. The Boston to JFK flight has been delayed so Iíve missed the onward connection to Uk. Ive been rebooked to fly via Dublin, arriving home tomorrow at 3pm instead of 0730.
    What are my rights in this instance and should I apply for compensation? Iíve read a few threads via Google but its not too clear on what my rights and process are.
Page 1
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 19th Sep 19, 7:09 PM
    • 14,633 Posts
    • 13,075 Thanks
    zagfles
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:09 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:09 PM
    Post on the specific flight delay board under this one. But AFAIK you should get meals/hotel if reqd, anything additional depends on whether it's the airline's fault or not I believe.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 19th Sep 19, 7:19 PM
    • 3,360 Posts
    • 1,702 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:19 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:19 PM
    It looks as though the delay was due to Delta, EU261 does not apply to non-EU airlines operating from a non EU airport. At least they have rearranged your flight but unlikely to be any compensation due
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

3,073Users online

Martin's Twitter