Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Allkid
    • By Allkid 21st Aug 19, 7:25 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Allkid
    0 WOW
    Why are Airlines allow to get away with it?
    • 21st Aug 19, 7:25 PM
    0 WOW
    Why are Airlines allow to get away with it? 21st Aug 19 at 7:25 PM
    Hello
    i am just asking a general question.
    i wanted to know why are airlines are allowed to getting away with not refunding passages fares if a strike happens or could happen, but you are still encouraged to book, as in the Ryan air or if there was a terrorist attack and you decided not to to the country,, like the shooting in Tunisia.

it just sounds unfair for the travelers.
Page 1
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 21st Aug 19, 7:30 PM
    • 6,929 Posts
    • 7,584 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 21st Aug 19, 7:30 PM
    • 21st Aug 19, 7:30 PM
    If the strike happens they will have to refund. Unless you have a ticket which permits cancellation without charge you can't cancel just because something might happen.
    • jimbo6977
    • By jimbo6977 21st Aug 19, 8:35 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    jimbo6977
    • 21st Aug 19, 8:35 PM
    • 21st Aug 19, 8:35 PM
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_majeure
    • Duckyduck
    • By Duckyduck 21st Aug 19, 10:28 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Duckyduck
    • 21st Aug 19, 10:28 PM
    • 21st Aug 19, 10:28 PM
    It would be equally unfair to the airline to bear the cost of events completely outside their control.

Travel insurance is there to reimburse you in such situations, read the wording to check the policy covers the risks you wish to insure against.
    Save 12k in 2019 #36
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 22nd Aug 19, 6:33 AM
    • 23,307 Posts
    • 62,954 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 22nd Aug 19, 6:33 AM
    • 22nd Aug 19, 6:33 AM
    Hello
    i wanted to know why are airlines are allowed to getting away with not refunding passages fares if a strike happens or could happen, but you are still encouraged to book, as in the Ryan air or if there was a terrorist attack and you decided not to to the country,, like the shooting in Tunisia.

Originally posted by Allkid
    This is all mixed up.

There's a difference between a strike actually happening or maybe happening because of a strike by specific airline pilots.
    And there's a difference between how your booking would be handled.

And it's the same re the Tunisia terrorist attack.
    There's a difference between the Foreign Office advising against all except necessary travel to a country/area and an individual deciding not to travel.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 22nd Aug 19, 9:41 AM
    • 1,681 Posts
    • 1,159 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 22nd Aug 19, 9:41 AM
    • 22nd Aug 19, 9:41 AM
    Hello

Originally posted by Allkid
    Of course they refund you if your flight is cancelled. All airlines do, no questions asked. You get back exactly what you paid them for the ticket.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,459Posts Today

6,694Users online

Martin's Twitter