Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PennineAcute
    • By PennineAcute 14th Aug 19, 6:07 PM
    • 551Posts
    • 301Thanks
    PennineAcute
    EON Warm Home Discount 2019 - Now open for applications
    • 14th Aug 19, 6:07 PM
    EON Warm Home Discount 2019 - Now open for applications 14th Aug 19 at 6:07 PM
    Just a heads up for EON customers who qualify for the Broader Warm Home Discount.

Application are now open.

https://www.eonenergy.com/warm-home-discount.html
Page 3
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2019/20
    Thanks Malc.

When is the payment credited?
    Originally posted by michaels

You're welcome michaels. Happy to help.

We've already started making payments for the 2019/20 scheme.

For Broader Group customers, payments are usually made within 3 months of the date on the letter confirming their application has been approved. Sometimes it's earlier depending on workloads in the area dealing with this. We're looking to make all payments to eligible customers by 31 March 2020.

Hope this helps michaels.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sturton
    • By sturton 19th Dec 19, 1:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sturton
    Gah!
    Hi Malc

Thank you so much belatedly for the helpful info. For some reason I didn’t receive notification that you had replied, hence my silence until now.

I would still like to switch to E.ON on my brother’s behalf and will set the account in his name with me paying.

One question, if you’d be so kind: my brother qualifies for the core group Warm Home Discount. His current supplier, EDF, have said that his application is under consideration and won’t be paid until Feb 2020. He’ll definitely qualify, but do you know what happens to this payment if we switch to E.ON in the meantime? Will we lose it, or is a supplier still obliged to make the payment? Perhaps I should be addressing this to EDF, not sure..?

Thanks as ever, and sorry again to be a ghost from the past

John on behalf of Michael

Sorry sturton. We stopped offering accounts in more than name to new customers some years ago.

How is your brother's account handled at the moment? Is it in your name? Is there a way an account can be set up in his name with permission for you (Letter of Authority, Power of Attorney etc) to look after it?

We could arrange to take payments directly from you even though the account is in his name. This will let him apply for Warm Home Discount.

Another thought, you mention earlier in the thread that you anticipate a problem with a credit check if the account is in your brother's name. A credit check issue for a customer with Downs can be overcome by setting up a payment arrangement like a Direct Debit or a Regular Cash Payment (we wouldn't ask a customer with Downs to accept a prepayment meter). There's more about this on our website under 'help and advice for customers with special needs.' You could still make the payments on to an account in your brother's name. Again, this will let him apply for Warm Home Discount.

Sorry for all the questions sturton.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Hi Malc

Thank you so much belatedly for the helpful info. For some reason I didn’t receive notification that you had replied, hence my silence until now.

I would still like to switch to E.ON on my brother’s behalf and will set the account in his name with me paying.

One question, if you’d be so kind: my brother qualifies for the core group Warm Home Discount. His current supplier, EDF, have said that his application is under consideration and won’t be paid until Feb 2020. He’ll definitely qualify, but do you know what happens to this payment if we switch to E.ON in the meantime? Will we lose it, or is a supplier still obliged to make the payment? Perhaps I should be addressing this to EDF, not sure..?

Thanks as ever, and sorry again to be a ghost from the past

John on behalf of Michael
    Originally posted by sturton

No worries John. Happy to help.

I was assuming previously that Michael was in the Broader Group. As he's in the Core Group, the situation is a little different and should make things easier.

Customers eligible for Warm Home Discount and in the Core Group don't have to apply for the payment. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) send a letter to let them know they qualify. The DWP also contact the relevant supplier to tell them they need to arrange the payment. Whoever supplies the electricity on the qualifying date needs to make the payment even if they no longer supply the electricity.

The Core Group qualifying date for the latest (2019/20) scheme is 7 July 2019. If EDF supplied the electricity on this date, they're responsible for making the payment even if Michael has subsequently switched away.

Hope this helps both you and Michael. Please let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sturton
    • By sturton 3rd Jan 20, 12:41 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sturton
    Hi Malc and Happy New Year. Thanks for the further clarifications before Christmas. I have embarked on the switch to E.ON for Michael and will keep my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!

All the best.

John
    Hi Malc and Happy New Year. Thanks for the further clarifications before Christmas. I have embarked on the switch to E.ON for Michael and will keep my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!

All the best.

John
    Originally posted by sturton

Happy New Year to you, too, John.

Hope all goes well with the switch and Michael receives his Warm Home Discount payment.

Malc
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jan 20, 12:04 PM
    • 23,238 Posts
    • 105,592 Thanks
    michaels
    Malc. I started my switch to eon second half November (completed mid December) and put my WHD application in once the switch started so again late November but have heard nothing re the WHD since. IS this normal or could my application have been lost because I put it in before the switch had completed? Thanks
    Cool heads and compromise
    Malc. I started my switch to eon second half November (completed mid December) and put my WHD application in once the switch started so again late November but have heard nothing re the WHD since. IS this normal or could my application have been lost because I put it in before the switch had completed? Thanks

Hello michaels and many thanks for joining us.

You should've received an acknowledgement by now. Customers applying through the website for Warm Home Discount receive an acknowledgement within three weeks, often sooner, of applying. Even allowing for Christmas, you should've received this by now.

Please contact us to check. Don't worry, our Broader Group scheme is still open for new applications. If there's been a problem with your initial application, you can re-apply immediately.

Our Live Chatters are available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays. They'll be able to tell you straightaway if we've received your application.

Hope this helps michaels. Please let me know if you need any more advice.

Malc
    • michaels
    • By michaels 16th Jan 20, 2:59 PM
    • 23,238 Posts
    • 105,592 Thanks
    michaels
    Thanks Malc. Live chat confirmed they had my application, no confirmation email received tho
    Cool heads and compromise
    Thanks Malc. Live chat confirmed they had my application, no confirmation email received tho

That's great michaels.

Have you checked your junk mail and spam folder? Sometimes, where our address hasn't been added as a trusted contact, our emails go into these files.

Have a good weekend michaels.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,912Posts Today

5,387Users online

Martin's Twitter