EON Warm Home Discount 2019 - Now open for applications

Comments

• Thanks Malc. I should emphasise that it is my brother who will be paying for the supply of energy from his benefits but through me as his guardian. Otherwise the limitations of his disability mean that he would literally be unable to sign up with any energy company. Perhaps an account with both names on it is a way ahead. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Sturton
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sturton wrote: »
    Thanks Malc. I should emphasise that it is my brother who will be paying for the supply of energy from his benefits but through me as his guardian. Otherwise the limitations of his disability mean that he would literally be unable to sign up with any energy company. Perhaps an account with both names on it is a way ahead. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Sturton

Sorry sturton. We stopped offering accounts in more than name to new customers some years ago.

How is your brother's account handled at the moment? Is it in your name? Is there a way an account can be set up in his name with permission for you (Letter of Authority, Power of Attorney etc) to look after it?

We could arrange to take payments directly from you even though the account is in his name. This will let him apply for Warm Home Discount.

Another thought, you mention earlier in the thread that you anticipate a problem with a credit check if the account is in your brother's name. A credit check issue for a customer with Downs can be overcome by setting up a payment arrangement like a Direct Debit or a Regular Cash Payment (we wouldn't ask a customer with Downs to accept a prepayment meter). There's more about this on our website under 'help and advice for customers with special needs.' You could still make the payments on to an account in your brother's name. Again, this will let him apply for Warm Home Discount.

Sorry for all the questions sturton.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • A heads up for people who have applied for WHD. The acceptance emails are being sent out, so check your Spam, as mine ended up in there.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A heads up for people who have applied for WHD. The acceptance emails are being sent out, so check your Spam, as mine ended up in there.

Thanks for that PennineAcute. We're in full swing with the scheme now and there are various communications going out depending on the status of the application.

Checking Spam is great advice as this is something we see a lot.

Thanks again.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 25 October 2019 at 7:59PM
    Any idea of the time span, Malc? Getting this sooner than later would save me a lot of worry about paying at the moment.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 October 2019 at 5:20PM
    My copy of the Acceptance email 24 Oct 2019

You're through to the final stages of the application process.
    The £140 payment will be automatically credited to your electricity account between September 2019 and the end of March 2020, as long as:
    - You don't move house
    If you move before the payment is made you'll need to re-apply for the Warm Home Discount payment using your new address and account number.
    - You don't change electricity supplier
    If you change supplier before the payment is made you'll need to contact your new supplier and see if you can apply with them instead, as their criteria may be different. We must be your electricity supplier when we make the payment.
    Paid into my account today 29/10/19.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 October 2019 at 2:06PM
    E.ON does tend to be confused over the dates of the Warm Home Discount Scheme. The 2019/20 scheme applications should be closed and in fact some people will already have received it as it's due to be paid between October 2019 and January 2020. What will be applied for soon is the 2020/21 scheme or for shorthand the 2020 scheme. I do wish E.ON would get this right.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Anthorn wrote: »
    E.ON does tend to be confused over the dates of the Warm Home Discount Scheme. The 2019/20 scheme applications should be closed and in fact some people will already have received it as it's due to be paid between October 2019 and January 2020. What will be applied for soon is the 2020/21 scheme or for shorthand the 2020 scheme. I do wish E.ON would get this right.

The 19/20 is still open and if they still have places, why should it be closed?
  • I left it a little late and didn’t apply until the end of September, I’ve had no email saying I have qualified, when will I get a decision.
  • metrobus
    metrobus Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Will the core group receive emails confirming eligibility for the WHD?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure