Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missyshop
    • By missyshop 12th Jul 19, 12:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    missyshop
    0 WOW
    HMV Loyalty Card
    • 12th Jul 19, 12:03 PM
    0 WOW
    HMV Loyalty Card 12th Jul 19 at 12:03 PM
    Hi.
    I have searched to see if this topic is discussed elsewhere but couldn't find anything. Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a purehmv account. Essentially it was HMVs loyalty system until they were bought out recently this year.
    HMV have decided to replace this system and so have removed access for costumers to their accounts.
    I made a large purchase using my purehmv points for a christmas present in store in December 2018. The gift has broken but is under warranty.
    My problem:
    * I cannot find the receipt
    * the store I bought it from has closed down
    * I cannot access my loyalty account to get proof of purchase from there (as the website has effectively closed down)

What are the rules regarding purchases made via loyalty cards?
    Are they covered by consumers rights laws?
    What leverage can I use on HMV to get the information I need or to get a replacement/repair?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Jul 19, 6:56 PM
    • 34,788 Posts
    • 22,020 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Jul 19, 6:56 PM
    • 13th Jul 19, 6:56 PM
    Hi.
    I have searched to see if this topic is discussed elsewhere but couldn't find anything. Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a purehmv account. Essentially it was HMVs loyalty system until they were bought out recently this year.
    HMV have decided to replace this system and so have removed access for costumers to their accounts.
    I made a large purchase using my purehmv points for a christmas present in store in December 2018. The gift has broken but is under warranty.
    My problem:
    * I cannot find the receipt
    * the store I bought it from has closed down
    * I cannot access my loyalty account to get proof of purchase from there (as the website has effectively closed down)

What are the rules regarding purchases made via loyalty cards?
    Are they covered by consumers rights laws?
    What leverage can I use on HMV to get the information I need or to get a replacement/repair?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by missyshop

How did you pay ?
    I'm hoping credit card, just use your statement, write to them but keep it plain and simple.
    • 1974Marie
    • By 1974Marie 27th Jul 19, 3:42 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    1974Marie
    • 27th Jul 19, 3:42 AM
    • 27th Jul 19, 3:42 AM
    The thanks button is not an ornament
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,975Users online

Martin's Twitter