Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YellowPurse
    • By YellowPurse 14th Jun 19, 7:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    YellowPurse
    Clean slate
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:25 PM
    Clean slate 14th Jun 19 at 7:25 PM
    Hello diary land.

I am a thirty-something stay at home single mum. Also, long time reader of this particular part of the forum.

I am not in debt at the minute, but feel my money is getting away from me. I think I would benefit from somewhere to log my thoughts and keep myself accountable.

This seems like just the place!
Page 1
    • savetosave
    • By savetosave 14th Jun 19, 8:29 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    savetosave
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:29 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:29 PM
    Hi
    Do you have an amount of money after bills etc each month. I use an app called spending tracker on my phone. You put in your available budget at the start of each month, then log everything you spend which takes seconds and is easy as it’s on your phone which is usually with you.
    It can be a real eye opener when you pop to town for a couple of things then after you’ve had coffe you suddenly realise you’ve spent 80.
    Good luck
    • YellowPurse
    • By YellowPurse 15th Jun 19, 4:55 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    YellowPurse
    • 15th Jun 19, 4:55 AM
    • 15th Jun 19, 4:55 AM
    Thanks for the advice savetosave - been there plenty re the 80 spend for a 'few things'!

I have recently renegotiated a few bills which had come to the end of their contracts, so still need to firm up some numbers over the next day or two. But I think something like you suggest is definitely the way to go. I get on much better keeping track of daily spends on my phone than with pen and paper.

With that in mind, going to try and keep the spends under control today. Start as I mean to go on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

1,905Users online

Martin's Twitter