Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 14th Jun 19, 4:35 PM
    • 7,482Posts
    • 65,054Thanks
    mimi1234
    0 WOW
    Easy Hotel
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:35 PM
    0 WOW
    Easy Hotel 14th Jun 19 at 4:35 PM
    Hi all,

Has anyone stayed at one of the above before? I was in a rush and had to book for one next week. I stupidly went for the cheapest option which was this. Now I wish I had gone for the Best Western which was more expensive but still under 60!

What are they like?

I've just realised that you have to pay an extra 5 for internet access. Do they have plug sockets or do you have to pay more if you want a room with one of those?

It was a non refundable rate so I can't cancel the booking.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • basill
    • By basill 14th Jun 19, 4:53 PM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 583 Thanks
    basill
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:53 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:53 PM
    I stayed in one in Budapest a few years ago largely because the price was very good. I was pleasantly surprised and found the reception was very clean and smart and staff friendly.
    The rooms were basic but spotlessly clean. The bed was a solid platform but the mattress comfortable and the shower room reminded me a bit of a caravan with all made of easy to hose down material.
    Internet and a remote control for the TV were extra.

I would stay in one again if the price was right and I have memories of the orange theme to this day.

B
    • Westin
    • By Westin 14th Jun 19, 5:23 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 1,517 Thanks
    Westin
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:23 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:23 PM
    The good news - they now provide towels and don’t charge for them.

The not so good news - as well as paying extra for internet access, some of their hotels also charge you for access to the TV.

The do market themselves as “ultra low cost hotels”.
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 14th Jun 19, 7:12 PM
    • 7,482 Posts
    • 65,054 Thanks
    mimi1234
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:12 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:12 PM
    Thank you. I've just realised this now after you have mentioned it. Thankfully it's just for one night but I don't think I will ever stop at one of those again.

The price is misleading especially for a donkey like me who doesn't check the small print. Oh well, lesson learnt.
    • Jimmithecat
    • By Jimmithecat 14th Jun 19, 7:40 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    Jimmithecat
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:40 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:40 PM
    I stayed at the easy hotel in Sheffield for one night a few months ago and was very happy with it.
    Friendly, safe, clean, well kitted out (great bathroom and mattress) perfect location in the middle of town - the only upgrade we took was the internet which was something like 5 for 2 devices for 24 hours - with this it was still a bargain stay.
    For one (or two at a push) I would use them again as my visit was great vfm.
    What does tripadvisor say about the easy hotel you have booked?
    • bluenoseam
    • By bluenoseam 14th Jun 19, 8:05 PM
    • 4,441 Posts
    • 8,227 Thanks
    bluenoseam
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:05 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:05 PM
    I stay in them every now and again when going to concerts & things up in Glasgow where I suspect I'll either miss the last train home or feel I'd fancy making a night of it. Straight up they're basic, not quite as grim as an old fashioned youth hostel but they're not a Travelodge either, but you expect that when you're paying what they generally charge! I read all the horror stories before my first time but ultimately decided it'd be best to make my own mind up & was surprised.

The walls in Glasgow are fairly thin which can be a problem if you're a light sleeper or have noisy neighbours - bear this in mind! The beds I actually like, they're a bit stiff but not brick hard, only issue being that they tend to be right on a wall so worth bearing in mind if you don't normally have that. The rooms are small with generally enough space to get dressed but not much more than that, I'm not sure I'd like to fit 2 adults in one! The bathrooms are smaller than most train toilets and have a shower but not enough space to dry off afterwards! Usually plenty of power sockets for phone charging etc.

The cons include those small rooms/bathrooms which can feel a tad claustrophobic. There's no "amenities" in room such as tea or coffee & you pay for the vendy in reception. TV & WIFI are optional extras, so I wouldn't like to be staying in one for multiple nights, lack of wardrobes or drawers make me think the same! Finally a lot of their rooms have no windows - now for me that's a positive (no windows, no light, great for a good night's kip!) but it's not for everyone!

Like I said though generally for me it's just a place to crash after a night out, so I'm not looking for any frills, just a bed & a shower in the morning! Granted I'm not overly accustomed to grand accommodations (though did in one 4 week period stay in an Easy Hotel for under 20 and a suite at The Savoy as a prize!) but it is what it is. Think the step between a youth hostel & a caravan rather than a 5* and you're in the right mindset - but I think their standards between establishments can vary!
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 15th Jun 19, 6:29 PM
    • 7,482 Posts
    • 65,054 Thanks
    mimi1234
    • 15th Jun 19, 6:29 PM
    • 15th Jun 19, 6:29 PM
    Thank you both.

I am not looking at TripAdvisor. The reviews on there are either really good or really bad.

It's only for one night so we shall see how it goes. Hopefully it will be okay. I've just realised I can tether my laptop to my mobile which has 100GB of data so I'll be able to do a bit of work and check emails etc. on my laptop.
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 18th Jun 19, 9:43 AM
    • 7,482 Posts
    • 65,054 Thanks
    mimi1234
    • 18th Jun 19, 9:43 AM
    • 18th Jun 19, 9:43 AM
    Well that was an experience! Folks were right, the room was super cramped up. I didn't even know where to put my coat or clothes. Do not book if you are claustrophic.

Other than that, the room was clean and tidy as was the bathroom.

Thanks for your advice folks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,113Posts Today

7,482Users online

Martin's Twitter