Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donkeyBrown
    • By donkeyBrown 14th Jun 19, 1:14 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    donkeyBrown
    0 WOW
    Hotel kids club recommendations
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:14 PM
    0 WOW
    Hotel kids club recommendations 14th Jun 19 at 1:14 PM
    I wonder if anyone can provide recommendations for a holiday hotel with a kids club.

I have an 8-year-old son, who is an only child. He's full of energy, lively, and loves being around other children. Much as I love him and enjoy spending time together, I appreciate a bit of downtime too. On holidays we've found that a hotel with a good kids club is a massive bonus; he gets to spend a bit of time with other children, I get a bit of peace and quiet for an hour or two.

However, holiday kids clubs seem to vary tremendously, and it's very difficult to find out in advance what they actually entail.

In the best case, some of the Tui-run clubs seem good, with timed daytime sessions and some evening sessions, a requirement to sign your children in and out, and properly organised activities. Similarly, the Sol Katmandu hotel we visited has really good activities and two daily themed sessions. At the other end of the scale, on one holiday the kids club was simply an unstaffed room with table, chairs and tatty toys in, and in another the supposed club was actually just a couple of poolside activities at irregular intervals during the day.

What I'd consider a really good kids club is decent length sessions (1.5-2 hours), planned activities, and secure (ie the children cannot just leave but are signed in and out). For me, the actual holiday location is less important.

Does anyone have recommendations from their own holiday experiences?
Page 1
    • Lip_Stick
    • By Lip_Stick 14th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 5,892 Thanks
    Lip_Stick
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    Hi there. I took my then 7 year old to a First Choice Holiday Village a few years ago and he loved it there. I was on my own with him so wanted a place that would have things for him to do.

There was various clubs each day, games going on around the pool, swimming lessons, an inflatable pool assault course, high ropes course and a water park connected to it that was included in the price. I took a photo of the kids club timetable which I still have in my files so will upload it for you to view.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Lip_Stick; 14-06-2019 at 2:13 PM.
    There's a storm coming, Cameron. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,068Posts Today

7,631Users online

Martin's Twitter