Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 14th Jun 19, 11:27 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 9Thanks
    hlpme
    -BW Legal on behalf of TPS PCN - after 5 years
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:27 AM
    -BW Legal on behalf of TPS PCN - after 5 years 14th Jun 19 at 11:27 AM
    Hi All,

Apologies for posting new Thread about BW LEGAL and TPS as i have seen and read some threads, however I really need some advice going forward PLSSSS as I don't want to do something incorrectly.

Similar situation to many of those who received notice after PCN after 5 years(apparently i have received one in 2014). It is retail car park. I dont know if i have appealed it at the time or even if i have been there...

I have done followings so far:

1. Sent TPS a SAR
    2. Sent an email to BW Legal asking for the account to be put on hold.
    3. Trying to get some information about the landlord of the car park- no luck yet.

[B]BW legal requested following information (Email. they have not posted anything yet)[/B]
    BW Legal Reference:

Full Name:
    First Line of Address:
    Postcode:
    Telephone Contact Number:
    Authorised Email address:
    Confirmation you wish for us to correspond with you via this address (Yes/No):

AM I TO REPLY TO THIS?

TPS sent an email saying that they acknowledge my SAR request and they need some form of ID.

DO I SEND THEM MY ID AND IF YES, CAN I SEND THEM COUNCIL TAX LETTER?

Thank you everyone for good work help against this individuals
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 19, 11:32 AM
    • 12,525 Posts
    • 17,454 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:32 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:32 AM
    Full Name: <<<< YES
    First Line of Address: <<<< YES
    Postcode: >>>> YES
    Telephone Contact Number: >>>>> NO
    Authorised Email address: >>>> YES
    Confirmation you wish for us to correspond with you via this address (Yes/No):

That is all that is needed

NO PHONE NUMBER as BWLegal are telephone bullies

Set up a throw away email addy just for BWLegal.
    Google mail is good as you can forward emails to your normal email
    without BWL knowing

NO PERSONAL INFORMATION WHATSOEVER as they are not entitled to personal data
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jun 19, 11:33 AM
    • 40,592 Posts
    • 90,146 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:33 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:33 AM
    Are you saying you have only been contacted by email? I am a little confused.

If BW do not have your address and you haven't moved since the date of the alleged event, I would be reluctant to provide it. I don't believe they can start court proceedings by email.
    If you have moved since the alleged event then yes you need to confirm your current name and address for service.

As for ID for the SAR, send a copy of the V5 if it is in your name. A utility bill will also suffice. This assumes the scammers and BW have your address.
    You are not required to supply photo' ID for an SAR request and the ICO have confirmed this. There is also no charge fir a single SAR as long as it is not complicated, which a single PCN won't be.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 19, 12:37 AM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 19, 12:37 AM
    • 15th Jun 19, 12:37 AM
    I have done followings so far:

1. Sent TPS a SAR
    Good.

Tito (their MD, who does the SARs but no longer puts his name on them!) won't be able to produce a copy of the PCN itself, so push for that when it's obviously missing or mocked up.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jun 19, 8:40 AM
    • 15,182 Posts
    • 15,849 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Jun 19, 8:40 AM
    • 15th Jun 19, 8:40 AM
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 18th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    Thats amazing. I will revert back to them today
    Thank you
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 18th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    Are you saying you have only been contacted by email? I am a little confused.

If BW do not have your address and you haven't moved since the date of the alleged event, I would be reluctant to provide it. I don't believe they can start court proceedings by email.
    If you have moved since the alleged event then yes you need to confirm your current name and address for service.

As for ID for the SAR, send a copy of the V5 if it is in your name. A utility bill will also suffice. This assumes the scammers and BW have your address.
    You are not required to supply photo' ID for an SAR request and the ICO have confirmed this. There is also no charge fir a single SAR as long as it is not complicated, which a single PCN won't be.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Thank you for your reply and advise regarding ID.

They ahve posted their PCN and follow up letters, however i am following upi everything on emails.
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 18th Jun 19, 10:16 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:16 AM
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:16 AM
    Good.

Tito (their MD, who does the SARs but no longer puts his name on them!) won't be able to produce a copy of the PCN itself, so push for that when it's obviously missing or mocked up.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Noted. Thank you for your help(All of you). you are all legends
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 18th Jun 19, 10:19 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:19 AM
    • 18th Jun 19, 10:19 AM
    Just an update:

BW legal refused to put my case on hold. I have read many threads and your notes that most probably they would not put it on hold, however i thought i will give an update
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Jun 19, 10:28 AM
    • 12,525 Posts
    • 17,454 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just an update:

BW legal refused to put my case on hold. I have read many threads and your notes that most probably they would not put it on hold, however i thought i will give an update
    Originally posted by hlpme
    Arrogance prevails then ??

As BWLegal will have added the fake 60 add-on, please read this ...

ABUSE OF PROCESS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75930070#post75930070
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 18th Jun 19, 10:40 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Arrogance prevails then ??

As BWLegal will have added the fake 60 add-on, please read this ...

ABUSE OF PROCESS
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    Thank you. thats very good read. they have not added anything yet, however will note this article. much appreciated
    • tisel
    • By tisel 20th Jun 19, 10:14 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tisel
    Hope no one minds me piggybacking off this (rather than start my own thread) as my situation is very similar to the OPs although I submitted the SAR and request for hold at the same time, which I am now regretting. If this is out of line let me know and I will delete this post.

I too have received a similar request to the above, however mine contains an additional request for Date of Birth. Should I provide this, how is it necessary?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jun 19, 10:27 AM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Everything is already here, for want of a keyword search:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74815598#post74815598

I searched for ICO date of birth to find that one.

You will need to start your own thread but not now, as this is already answered.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 24th Jun 19, 11:12 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Hi All,

hope you are all well.

I have received another letter from Bw legal which states letter of claim and as https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=955865 have stated they have added bunch of fees( interest, court fees, solicitors fees (50)) and have given me date until which i should revert back to them otherwise they will take me to County court without any further notice.

They have also included Reply form and info sheet in their post. Reply form suggests that i should revert back to them within 30 days, however date of letter and date by which i should revert back to them is not adding to 30 days...????

I believe it meant to be 30 days notice before they can take me to court, right ???

Furthermore, I have forwarded my utility bill to TPS and requested them again to send me all relevant documents, however have not heard anything yet.

Do i wait for TPS to respond or do I go back to BW legal(or avoid them for now)

As always, THANK YOU
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Jun 19, 11:29 AM
    • 25,093 Posts
    • 40,464 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Deal with the BWL Letter of Claim as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. You have 30 days in which to do so, so you may get your TPS SAR back by then, but it's far from essential in responding to a LoC, more useful at Defence and Witness Statement.

Don't go filling in the intrusive financial questionnaire, you have no debt to pay.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 25th Jun 19, 3:48 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Umkomas - thank you for your help. message noted. I will look into newbies and follow instruction.
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 25th Jun 19, 3:50 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Hi ALL,

I have received email yesterday from TPS stating below highlighted in red.

address you have provided does not match the address we hold on file, where the vehicle was registered to at the time. In order to accurately locate your information, please provide the vehicle number plate and the address it was registered at the time.

Should I provide them previous address
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 25th Jun 19, 4:26 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Deal with the BWL Letter of Claim as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. You have 30 days in which to do so, so you may get your TPS SAR back by then, but it's far from essential in responding to a LoC, more useful at Defence and Witness Statement.

Don't go filling in the intrusive financial questionnaire, you have no debt to pay.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Quick question- i am going through NewBIES FAQ(post #2) and i can see many links related to many defense cases, however I dont even any details of this PCN. i am slightly confused as how i build my defense case? is it going to general draft letter ? sorry if i sound silly and stupid, however never had to deal with claims and court...
    Thank you
    • Redx
    • By Redx 25th Jun 19, 4:33 PM
    • 25,005 Posts
    • 31,922 Thanks
    Redx
    Hi ALL,

I have received email yesterday from TPS stating below highlighted in red.

address you have provided does not match the address we hold on file, where the vehicle was registered to at the time. In order to accurately locate your information, please provide the vehicle number plate and the address it was registered at the time.

Should I provide them previous address
    Originally posted by hlpme
    Yes, provide the address that the vehicle was registered to and the VRM details as well

It is likely that they cannot produce the paperwork and will cancel, same as several others like this recently

Don't bother with defences yet as you don't have a claim form
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 5th Jul 19, 12:43 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Hi All

Hope everyone doing well

Quick update:

SAR has just came back and it shows the time car went into the car park and came out. it states that they have tried to contact me by post until 2015 however could not get hold of me. it does not states how they took my current address and strangely, all they have added is my email to them...

can you please kindly advise what is my follow up action

Thank you all
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,752Users online

Martin's Twitter