Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jazziboo
    • By Jazziboo 14th Jun 19, 11:16 AM
    • 23Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jazziboo
    Car Leasing & insurance
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:16 AM
    Car Leasing & insurance 14th Jun 19 at 11:16 AM
    Hi there, im doing my research as i've decided that leasing will be the best option for me when i get my next car (ive done HP, PCP and outright purchase in the past but the longest ive kept my cars is about 3 years each time for various reasons).
    So for those of you with leasing experiance please can you advise on the following:
    - complete care package - ive come across some lease companies that will include insurance, maintenance and servicing in the monthly cost. The figures they've quoted seem reasonable (especially vs what i pay now with my hp plus insurance) but are "subject to your postcode" so based on that, did you find much pricing difference between what was quoted on the website vs when you provided their sale team with your postcode?

- insurance - if you insured via your own chosen company did you have to pay more as its a leased car?

- maintenance packages - are they worth it? I understand they will include the servicing costs, but for example when you return the car will they expect nearly new condition tyres on the car (so then you could use the maintenance package to replace them)?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Penelopa.Pitstop
    • By Penelopa.Pitstop 14th Jun 19, 11:22 AM
    • 589 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    Penelopa.Pitstop
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:22 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:22 AM
    When insuring lease car, you have to choose private lease when they ask about registered keeper and owner. Some people wrote that Admiral cut their "driving other cars" benefit on leased cars.

I usually change car mid year and update policy on the phone and my insurer never even asked me who's the owner or RK. Acutally, I tend to have mix of cash bough and leased cars on multicar policy, but it's not noted anywhere in documentation I get.

• wymondham
    • By wymondham 15th Jun 19, 10:50 PM
    • 5,743 Posts
    • 10,947 Thanks
    wymondham
    • 15th Jun 19, 10:50 PM
    • 15th Jun 19, 10:50 PM
    Re complete car package, if the insurance cover is as good as you have/need and its a good price then why not? the only downside I can see is you may not accumulate no claims possibly??

You shouldn't have to pay any more to insure a leased car.

Maintenance packages are interesting. I got one with my first lease and liked the set price. The downside was I had to go to set vendors to replace tyres and they weren't the best (or nearest). I decided against the maintenance eon my second lease as the servicing was at bigger intervals so I wouldn't get the benefit.
    • Jazziboo
    • By Jazziboo 18th Jun 19, 5:23 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jazziboo
    • 18th Jun 19, 5:23 AM
    • 18th Jun 19, 5:23 AM
    Thank u for the replies so far. Also have another query, as i plan to VT on my existing car then lease on my next. How soon should i place the order on the lease car e.g sumit the VT request then order or order first then submit the VT. As i know doing a VT isnt suppose to affect your credit but can leave some kind of marker on file (im just concerned about lease finance companies seeing this and being put off?)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,279Posts Today

8,136Users online

Martin's Twitter