Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • inceys
    • By inceys 14th Jun 19, 10:04 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    inceys
    Change mind on a re-mortgage application after submission?
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:04 AM
    Change mind on a re-mortgage application after submission? 14th Jun 19 at 10:04 AM
    Hi,

My broker essentially offered me one option of a 2-year fixed term mortgage. After we met, I signed one of their forms and so began the process of submitting all my evidence of income documents (mortgage statements, bank details etc). They then submitted the application yesterday, but I did some more research and have realised that I want to go with a 5 year fixed term, and also reduce the length from 30 years to 25 (to reduce interest). This also took into account the arrangement fees I would avoid if I paid one set of 999 over 3 x 999.

Am I too late to do this? Will I incur any fees for changing my mind the day after?

Rob.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 14th Jun 19, 11:56 AM
    • 6,502 Posts
    • 4,387 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:56 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:56 AM
    Have you asked your broker? We don't know who the lender is or their T+C or your broker's T+C
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,304Posts Today

8,192Users online

Martin's Twitter