Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • russellsnr
    • By russellsnr 14th Jun 19, 9:23 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 0Thanks
    russellsnr
    Will NCB be Honored?
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:23 AM
    Will NCB be Honored? 14th Jun 19 at 9:23 AM
    Hi, Moving back to the UK early next year from another EU country after nearly 14 years away, when we moved out from the UK I had full NCB car insurance and it was honored by the country I moved to after providing proof, does anyone no if that will be the case when I get back to the UK? If not the best car insurance provider for over 65's? Thankyou, Russ.
Page 1
    • rosierd
    • By rosierd 14th Jun 19, 10:17 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rosierd
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:17 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:17 AM
    Yes shouldn't be an issue at all. I would contact a Broker they will have more flexibility with this whereas online it's very hit and miss whether it would be accepted after you have taken out the policy.
    • RupH19
    • By RupH19 15th Jun 19, 7:48 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RupH19
    • 15th Jun 19, 7:48 AM
    • 15th Jun 19, 7:48 AM
    Different insurers take different approaches but if you have retained your 'claim free' status and have proof of current no claims bonus from your current EU insurer it will likely be accpeted. If you have not driven whilst over in the EU your UK no claims bonus will have expired although some insurers may give you a similar intro no claims bonus based on it. Never straight forward; us the typical compare sites quoting your assume no claims then just ring them to confirm they will accept it. Hope that helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,781Posts Today

8,059Users online

Martin's Twitter