Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Expatmichali
    • By Expatmichali 14th Jun 19, 8:21 AM
    • 24Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Expatmichali
    Tax relief on rented property
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:21 AM
    Tax relief on rented property 14th Jun 19 at 8:21 AM
    I apologise if this is not the correct forum for my query. We rent out a small flat and are preparing our tax returns. We looked at what can be claimed for tax relief as we had to replace a stove this past year. A stove as such is not listed in the items on the government website. They mention fridge, television, etc but not stove or oven. My husband is concerned that, as they donít actually list a stove, it might not be an item for which one can claim. The replacement was not an upgrade. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Page 1
    • anselld
    • By anselld 14th Jun 19, 8:31 AM
    • 6,428 Posts
    • 6,369 Thanks
    anselld
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:31 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:31 AM
    Yes, replacement of domestic items on a like-for-like basis is allowed.
    • Expatmichali
    • By Expatmichali 14th Jun 19, 9:03 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Expatmichali
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:03 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:03 AM
    Thanks, that is what I am saying but my husband is saying that, as a stove is not specifically listed, it might not be covered. I know he is talking nonsense!
    • saajan_12
    • By saajan_12 17th Jun 19, 1:31 PM
    • 1,729 Posts
    • 1,340 Thanks
    saajan_12
    • 17th Jun 19, 1:31 PM
    • 17th Jun 19, 1:31 PM
    This query is for a Tax Accountant.
    Originally posted by Optimal Solicitors
    Looks like someone trying to get post counts up, they're brand new and answered a bunch of fairly old threads with vague responses or repeating previous advice.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 17th Jun 19, 1:47 PM
    • 24,749 Posts
    • 24,123 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 17th Jun 19, 1:47 PM
    • 17th Jun 19, 1:47 PM
    Looks like someone trying to get post counts up, they're brand new and answered a bunch of fairly old threads with vague responses or repeating previous advice.
    Originally posted by saajan_12
    Flag 'em as spam, and let the site admins figure out the "unauthorised advertising" bit.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,732Posts Today

8,072Users online

Martin's Twitter