Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Kelvin
    • By MSE Kelvin 13th Jun 19, 6:04 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 192Thanks
    MSE Kelvin
    The MoneySavingIdiot reclaims 80 - by going through old emails
    • 13th Jun 19, 6:04 PM
    The MoneySavingIdiot reclaims 80 - by going through old emails 13th Jun 19 at 6:04 PM
    Right, some of you know the drill by now, but if you don't, here it is. While being a writer at MSE means I help other people save money, when it comes to my own cash, I'm usually in a right muddle. But now I'm looking to unmuddle myself and in the process motivate fellow MoneySavingIdiots. Previously I've covered train delays, overseas travel and credit scores. This week: reclaiming cash (kind of).
    Last edited by MSE Kelvin; 13-06-2019 at 6:07 PM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • Takmon
    • By Takmon 14th Jun 19, 8:52 AM
    • 824 Posts
    • 826 Thanks
    Takmon
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:52 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:52 AM
    [I][CENTER]Right, some of you know the drill by now, but if you don't, here it is. While being a writer at MSE means I help other people save money, when it comes to my own cash, I'm usually in a right muddle. But now I'm looking to unmuddle myself and in the process motivate fellow MoneySavingIdiots.
    Originally posted by MSE Kelvin
    Considering a member of staff is using the term "MoneySavingIdiot" on this forum and referring to other members of the forum i'm assuming this is now an acceptable term to call people on here .

I wonder how long it is until i get banned
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 14th Jun 19, 9:03 AM
    • 12,820 Posts
    • 28,478 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:03 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:03 AM
    Considering a member of staff is using the term "MoneySavingIdiot" on this forum and referring to other members of the forum i'm assuming this is now an acceptable term to call people on here .

I wonder how long it is until i get banned
    Originally posted by Takmon
    I agree,

idiot
    /ˈɪdɪət/

noun
    INFORMAL
    a stupid person.
    synonyms: fool, !!!, halfwit, nincompoop, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clod; More
    ARCHAIC
    a person of low intelligence.
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 14th Jun 19, 9:29 AM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 4,490 Thanks
    JReacher1
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:29 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:29 AM
    Reading the just eat story it seems to imply the author drank a bit too much, ordered a pizza and then passed out. They have then complained that they didn’t receive the pizza and demanded a refund.

The chances seem quite high that the author didn’t hear the pizza guy turn up so it seems slightly unfair to demand a refund for something that sounds like it was there own fault!
    • phillw
    • By phillw 14th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    • 2,882 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    phillw
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    This is barely any better than "make thousands from banks by looking at your account balance."
    • Takmon
    • By Takmon 19th Jun 19, 3:35 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 826 Thanks
    Takmon
    • 19th Jun 19, 3:35 PM
    • 19th Jun 19, 3:35 PM
    I've got a "Yellow Card" for using your term Kelvin; can you have a talk with your mates at MSE towers and sort this out for me

Dear Takmon,

You have received an infraction from the MSE Forum Team.

Type: Yellow Card
    -------
    We've removed another post of yours, further similar reports could lead to a two week loss of posting privileges.
    We don't monitor or reply to private messages to this inbox. If you have a query please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

there is now an officially approved MSE term for people like you. You sir are a "moneysavingidiot
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and a further Yellow Card will result in a Red Card. If you receive a Red Card, you will be banned for two weeks. Any further infraction could result in your posting privileges being permanently removed.

Original Post:

Regards,

MSE Forum Team
    by MSE ForumTeam1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,152Posts Today

7,565Users online

Martin's Twitter