Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonyw79
    • By tonyw79 13th Jun 19, 5:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tonyw79
    Small Claims against Builder
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:03 PM
    Small Claims against Builder 13th Jun 19 at 5:03 PM
    To cut a long story short, I had a horrendous experience with the builder hired to make my loft conversion, the work was not up to scratch and he was attempting to extort money out of us above what was agreed on. We have since complained to his trade association who have decided to expel him due to his conduct and lack of skill. My question is, if I were to take him to Small Claims to claw back some of the money we paid him would being expelled from his trade association over the work he did for us mean that he is 'bang to rights' as it were.
Page 1
    • phill99
    • By phill99 13th Jun 19, 5:14 PM
    • 8,618 Posts
    • 7,807 Thanks
    phill99
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:14 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:14 PM
    No. The two things are completely separate. Just because he has been expelled by his trade association doesn't mean you will win your case. It could be used as supplementary evidence, but the evidence you need will need to be based on not failure to execute his side of the contract.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,314Posts Today

7,321Users online

Martin's Twitter