Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Worriedmummy
    • By Worriedmummy 13th Jun 19, 10:27 AM
    • 350Posts
    • 473Thanks
    Worriedmummy
    St Modwen extras prices?
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:27 AM
    St Modwen extras prices? 13th Jun 19 at 10:27 AM
    Hi, we looked around a lovely st Modwen show home at the weekend, but noticed lots of 'some things in this room are extra' signs.
    We are looking at a 4 bed, so do get integrated appliances, but can anyone give me a rough idea of how much the other extras are? We'd be interested in the wooden doors rather than white (but have priced up how much it is to do this ourselves). I also like the solid wood kitchens and granite worktops.
    Do you get basic carpets, flooring etc? I know you don't with some new builds.
    I know these do include grass and fences.
    We just want to figure out what's best to do ourselves without the sales person breathing down our necks.
Page 1
    • joshp1993
    • By joshp1993 13th Jun 19, 7:03 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    joshp1993
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:03 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:03 PM
    It completely depends on the developer and what they include as standard. We've exchanged on a new build in Manchester, and we looked at 3 different developer's sites all over and none included flooring or turf to the rear.

We went for a 4 bed so do get an integrated fridge/freezer but the rest is extras so we're sourcing a lot ourselves. The only extras we paid for were an external socket (104) and under cabinet lighting in the kitchen (320). Washing machine would've been 600, dishwasher 500, spotlights were 70 each, adding plug sockets 64 each, etc.

We had absolutely no room for negotiation sadly so hadn't been able to include any but I know people who've been successful with it so always worth an ask!

There was never any offer to change internal doors though (even for a price), but we could change kitchen worktops or add carpets for exorbitant prices (the upside being it's all done for when you move in though and you don't have the hassle of sorting yourself).
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 13th Jun 19, 8:24 PM
    • 1,195 Posts
    • 1,620 Thanks
    diggingdude
    • 13th Jun 19, 8:24 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 8:24 PM
    You know who the best people to ask are don't you?
    House owner as of 27.3.2019
    • bhughes1986
    • By bhughes1986 13th Jun 19, 10:15 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    bhughes1986
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:15 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:15 PM
    We are moving into a David Wilson home this month.

Extras we paid for were an outside lamp and owner socket (100 each), shower above the bath (900) and kitchen island (850).

Some of the prices were extortionate (120 per downright in the kitchen).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,376Posts Today

8,650Users online

Martin's Twitter