Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mavon
    • By mavon 13th Jun 19, 10:00 AM
    • 168Posts
    • 33Thanks
    mavon
    Advice needed re collection of debt after iva
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:00 AM
    Advice needed re collection of debt after iva 13th Jun 19 at 10:00 AM
    My husband entered into an IVA February 2012 which included a debt owed for a saga credit card for 2,566.24 which is in a column headed " accepted without modifications ".On another sheet it is entered in a column headed"No proxy/No proof of debt/invalid.The completion of the IVA was February 2017.
    Now out of the blue he has received a letter saying that his debt of 648.29 has been transferred to LC asset and Link Financial Outsourcing has been appointed to service this account and payment is required .We are unsure how to deal with is .Should we contact Link and tell them this was included in IVA ( even though the amount of debt is different or should we go down the" statute barred" route .
    We would be grateful for any advice offered
Page 1
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 13th Jun 19, 10:06 AM
    • 5,083 Posts
    • 3,044 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:06 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:06 AM
    You need to confirm that the debt was included in the IVA and give them your IP's contact details.

Hopefully they will stop writing to you.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    • 18,438 Posts
    • 17,329 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    Debts are bought and sold all the time.

Link are most likely unaware the debt was subject to an IVA.

A copy of your arrangement, showing the debt, should be sent to them, along with a letter of explanation.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

Helping you deal with problem debt.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Jun 19, 7:16 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:16 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:16 PM
    I second sourcrates advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,654Users online

Martin's Twitter