Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 12th Jun 19, 5:36 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 4Thanks
    fakdeworld
    One parking solution v me
    • 12th Jun 19, 5:36 PM
    One parking solution v me 12th Jun 19 at 5:36 PM
    Hi. everyone.
    At the beginning i want to apologies for the last questions I asked using someone else thread.I didn't know i cannot put comment or question there. Sorry again.
    So i need some advice or help.

I will start from the beginning.

My nephew took the car from me 1/04 as he was doing some loading, due to moving out of the country.He lived in the flats next to Vantage Point(Brighton).
    He used the car park by Vantage Point cause it was easy access to his flat. He left the country on 2/04 for good. Back to Poland. Seriously!
    I received NTK from OPS 9/04. Picture shows my car was at he car park for 31 min and 5 sec.I appealed(never said who was driving) but it was rejected on 1/05, and they gave me POPLA code .
    On the rejection letter they were saying ;( This appeal has been considered in conjunction with the evidence gathered by the parking attendant at the time of the event).
    My nephew said there was never a parking attendant and he was within the car, all the time, as he packed lots of things to the car.

I appealed to POPLA, using my own words, I haven't used any text from any forum . I just told them more or less what I said to OPS. I also pointed that the fee is unfair when the loss was only 1.50 and the signage is not sufficient. and i asked for the contract between the landowner and OPS on my request( I don't know why).

I was away for few weeks and when I comeback yesterday i saw that POPLA is asking me for comments against evidence uploaded by OPS. I have 7 days from receiving their correspondence (submitted 07/06) , so only 2 days left.
    OPS send evidence ;lot of pictures from the site. In the letter they come to the bulling point straight away, telling me that any info from this letter is strictly confidential and sharing it ,will end up reporting me to ICO.

In the evidence against me, they said that they signs are perfectly placed everywhere and the vehicle wasn't pre-authorized and the parking attendant maybe wasn't on the site but he did review the contravention? By using what? ANPR?. They also said that the photos i provided to POPLA shows how nice and beautifully the signs are,and pay and display machines are perfectly placed and working.

I have been t thinking of giving them my nephew address in Poland and wish them good luck, but they also said that transfer liability has passed and now they seeking keeper for liability.I will be very grateful for any help or advice.Thank you

I also need to admit that I haven't read the NEWBIES fully .

I also want to apologies everyone,and KeithP for my comments , misunderstanding of this forum ( I never took part in any forum) and it rules. Thanks for reminding me of my place. Sorry
    Last edited by fakdeworld; 12-06-2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: grammar reason
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Jun 19, 6:12 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 21,957 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Jun 19, 6:12 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 6:12 PM
    So i need some advice or help please. I start from the beginning.
    Originally posted by fakdeworld
    Sorry, I couldn't read much of your post, but here is some advice:

1) to get the best out of this forum you need to use something other than a mobile phone.

2) to get the best responses, you need to make your posts readable. Please add some paragraph breaks.

2) Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread yet?
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 12th Jun 19, 6:54 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    • 12th Jun 19, 6:54 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 6:54 PM
    Hi KeithP. No phone has been used but desktop. I think the post is readable enough. The thing is, you seem very useless for me in terms of helping. You bullied me before when i post question on someone else tread.Now there is something else you don't like it.Jesus dude,if you don't like foreigners that's fine, I could live with that, but if you don't want to help then simply don't reply. That's all from me.Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 19, 7:07 PM
    • 40,482 Posts
    • 24,534 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:07 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:07 PM
    Not good to come here and bite the helpers!

Have the decency to break up that wall of text in the hope someone will read it first before reading your #3 and moving on
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 19, 7:51 PM
    • 40,678 Posts
    • 90,304 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:51 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:51 PM
    Please put some paragraph breaks in your opening post if you want any of the regulars to read it. Just because you think there is nothing wrong with it does not make it so.
    To me it is a wall of text and makes my eyes go funny when I try to read it.

In addition, please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES as already advised.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 1:54 AM
    • 76,841 Posts
    • 90,197 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jun 19, 1:54 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 1:54 AM
    I have been t thinking of giving them my nephew address in Poland and wish them good luck, but they also said that transfer liability has passed and now they seeking keeper for liability.
    They are lying, it is NOT too late to give the name & address of the driver in Poland.

I also need to admit that I haven't read the NEWBIES fully .
    Please take some time to read it. But get that driver named in writing, with the full Polish postal address, and keep a free certificate of posting receipt (ask at the Post office counter, hand over your letter in person to the PO clerk). DO NOT be told to send the letter recorded or special delivery, nonono.

As Sussex is my area, if you end up with a court claim to defend you will need to put some work in but having named the driver & kept your proof of posting that, you will have a defence as you can't be held liable...but I will be happy to attend court with you (if you want some support from a local, vocal lady!) if I'm free.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-06-2019 at 1:56 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 19, 8:25 AM
    • 40,678 Posts
    • 90,304 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jun 19, 8:25 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 8:25 AM
    Thank you for making your post easier to read.

As Coupon-mad has said, tell the parking scammers the name and overseas address of the driver in writing by email and by post.
    Get the driver to tell the parking scammers the same information (admitting that they were driving), again by email and by post.

Keep copies of everything including the proof of posting for the paper versions.
    Send the emails to yourselves as well as to the scammers.

Remember to include the PCN number and vehicle registration number, and that you are the registered keeper in your correspondence.

If the parking scammers refuse to accept the driver's address for any reason, complain to the BPA.

Come back here if you need further help.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2019 at 8:31 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 13th Jun 19, 9:46 AM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 2,150 Thanks
    MistyZ
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:46 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:46 AM
    They are lying, it is NOT too late to give the name & address of the driver in Poland.

Please take some time to read it. But get that driver named in writing, with the full Polish postal address, and keep a free certificate of posting receipt (ask at the Post office counter, hand over your letter in person to the PO clerk). DO NOT be told to send the letter recorded or special delivery, nonono.

As Sussex is my area, if you end up with a court claim to defend you will need to put some work in but having named the driver & kept your proof of posting that, you will have a defence as you can't be held liable...but I will be happy to attend court with you (if you want some support from a local, vocal lady!) if I'm free.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Gold standard advice and what an offer of support!!

If this does go to court can I come to observe? I'll bring the champagne.
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 13th Jun 19, 2:52 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:52 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:52 PM
    Hi. I hope I don't have to go as far as court...but You never know. Big THANK YOU to Coupon-mad for the huge offer. I very appreciate it. Thanks to Fruitcake for tips.
    I just finished writing some comments against the OPS evidence pack.
    Unfortunately my knowledge of English language is limited at some points , so i need the help from google translate.
    Here it is what i write.

I wanted to refer to the commentary and evidence that OPS sent.
    I want to point out that I do not agree with many things in their comments. I also wanted to say that despite the fact that I feel defenseless and vulnerable in this attack due to the lack of full English language knowledge, I will try to defend myself.
    My earlier comment did not reflect what I wanted to convey, so this time I allowed myself to use Google Translate.
    First of all, I would like to say that I do not agree with the remark that the driver's liability can no longer be taken into account, as it has become obsolete. I think that ,this is usually a lie aimed at extorting money as quickly as possible and at the same time quickly closing the case.OPS has not provided me with any documents about the fact that the liability can not be transferred to the driver .
    Driver data will still be sent to OPS by both post and e-mail anyway ,and the proof of postage will be saved.
    Despite the fact that OPS claims that the signs are good, I think that the information contained therein is not readable enough. The letters are small and difficult to read.
    Also, I think that the sum expected from me is inadequate for the deed committed. OPS did not provide me with any documents that are genuine pre-estimated of loss to show me how they come up with 100.The demand for a payment of 100 (discounted to 60 if paid within 14 days, returned to 100 and reduced once more following appeal) is punitive, unreasonable, exceeds an appropriate amount, and has no relationship to the loss that would have been suffered by the Landowner.

OPS have sent me the alleged 'full car park terms and conditions' which their says are 'available upon request' but there is no evidence that these full t&cs are on display on site for the driver to have seen and read. The t&c is dated at 04/08/2016 ,so I believe that could be out of date. It is respectfully request that this comments is upheld and the charge dismissed. Thank you .
    PLEASE ANY COMMENTS WILL BE GREAT.
    Should I send it or its all rubbish ,and then should I give up with commenting anything against their evidence?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jun 19, 3:06 PM
    • 6,716 Posts
    • 6,807 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Also, I think that the sum expected from me is inadequate for the deed committed. OPS did not provide me with any documents that are genuine pre-estimated of loss
    I think you mean: -
    Also, I think that the sum expected from me is inadequate extortionate for the deed committed. OPS did not provide me with any documents that are genuine pre-estimated of loss GPEOL
    The GPEOL is an old argument and cannot be used now.
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 13th Jun 19, 3:22 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    Should I delete that paragraph referring to GPEOL?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jun 19, 3:33 PM
    • 15,307 Posts
    • 15,961 Thanks
    The Deep
    Although they could in theory pursue your relative in Poland, it would be hugely expensive They would have to involve the Foreign Office, perhaps the Polish Embassy and our Consul in Poland.

The best way out of this is to give them your nephew's name and address.
    Last edited by The Deep; 13-06-2019 at 3:36 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jun 19, 3:38 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 21,957 Thanks
    KeithP
    Although they could in theory pursue your relative in Poland, it would be hugely expensive They would have to involve the Foreign Office, perhaps the Polish Embassy and our Consul in Poland.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Can't they just use the European Small Claims procedure?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jun 19, 3:59 PM
    • 6,716 Posts
    • 6,807 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Should I delete that paragraph referring to GPEOL?
    Originally posted by fakdeworld
    Yes, you should delete it.
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 13th Jun 19, 4:54 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    I was just thinking what KeithP said. But, would they use ESC procedure for 1 pound 50 unpaid?
    The other thing is, I really doubt it they will ever find?track him. Hi is now leaving at temporary addresses. Little bit with parents,grand parents,girlfriend ....
    And in the July / August, he is planning to go to Scandinavia. For how long? I don't know .Maybe weeks ,maybe months,maybe years. So it's a matter of time before I will lose any track of him.
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 13th Jun 19, 4:57 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    I can,t imagine they will use Foreign Office, Consul,Embassy,,, They would tell them to go to hell, perhaps.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 5:25 PM
    • 76,841 Posts
    • 90,197 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Gold standard advice and what an offer of support!!

If this does go to court can I come to observe? I'll bring the champagne.
    Originally posted by MistyZ
    Of course.

would they use ESC procedure for 1 pound 50 unpaid?
    None ever have. And OPS are not clever enough to blaze that trail.

yesterday i saw that POPLA is asking me for comments against evidence uploaded by OPS. I have 7 days from receiving their correspondence (submitted 07/06) , so only 2 days left.
    OK. So that's the stage you are at and you need to get some comments in today.
    OPS send evidence - lot of pictures from the site. In the letter they come to the point straight away, telling me that any info from this letter is strictly confidential and sharing it, will end up reporting me to ICO.
    LOL, they can't report an individual person to the ICO! That is an idle threat I've only seen made by idiots (and believe me, I've seen some rubbish like that from idiots in my time).

YOU ARE ALLOWED to show us their POPLA evidence.

There is no law against it and this is a case about your data, your car, so of course you can share and get help.

Please show us the POPLA evidence, the photos of signs and the landowner statement.

Was he accused of not paying the 1 tariff?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 13th Jun 19, 5:46 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    well, the tariff is 1.50 per hour. I don't know if the links I provided are any of help, but if it's wrong please let me know how should i do.Thank you

Operator Name One Parking Ltd
    Operator Case Summary
    Any information provided in the defence of this parking charge is provided only for the Appellant and Assessor to view. The information is strictly confidential and commercially sensitive. No file, in part or whole submitted by One Parking Solution Ltd may be copied or shared with any other individuals in paper or electronic form. Any such sharing of files or information provided by One Parking Solution Ltd will be reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
    A redacted contract is supplied to protect personal information.
    The appellant entered into a contractual agreement upon parking on site. The terms are laid out on the signage on site and including at the entrance state that parking is permitted for vehicles displaying a valid PAY AND DISPLAY TICKET, (and/or pay by phone) pre-authorised vehicles parked wholly within the allocated parking space/ marked bay. By parking or remaining on site otherwise than in accordance with the above the driver agrees to pay a parking charge.
    At the time of the contravention the appellant was not displaying a valid pay and display ticket, and nor did they have pre-authorisation to park their vehicle in the car park as they were not on the exemption list and therefore agreed to pay a parking charge.
    The Appellant says the driver was making use of the facilities to load some belongings into the vehicle. The Appellant states the driver did not purchase a parking session because he was only going to be on site for 30 minutes. There is no free parking on this site. The signs state: “All users of this car-park must purchase a valid Pay & Display ticket and/or a valid parking session prior to leaving site”.
    The Appellant states that he visited the car park and he believes the signs are not sufficient. Site photos and a site map are included. The signs are displayed throughout the car park including at the entrance.
    The Appellant has provided some photos of the site which confirm the signs are bright and contrast well with the surfaces they are attached to.
    The Appellant states the appeal response is a lie because it refers to the parking attendant. The parking attendant may not have been on site, but he did review the contravention. The site is managed by ANPR, all contraventions are reviewed by a parking attendant prior to the parking charge notice being posted.
    The Appellant states he wants to pass the driver’s details to One Parking Solution. The opportunity to transfer liability has long since passed.
    It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure they are parked in accordance with the terms. If they are unable to do so they should either, make alternative parking arrangements or otherwise agree to pay a parking charge. If the driver is unsure, our number is on the boards and the signs are BPA approved.
    As the driver has not been named, One Parking Solution Ltd are seeking keeper liability.
    Last edited by fakdeworld; 13-06-2019 at 8:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    • fakdeworld
    • By fakdeworld 13th Jun 19, 6:02 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fakdeworld
    ...and also I want to say ,that my appeal to POPLA was very short. Kind of complaining why me? and what they want from me?
    I try to find the copy of it but without any luck so far. I can't even see it on POPLA tracking page.
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 13th Jun 19, 7:51 PM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 2,150 Thanks
    MistyZ
    fakdeworld, I clicked on one link and immediately saw your personal details. Please hide those details ASAP. The parking companies do come here to see what they can find out about people.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

2,026Users online

Martin's Twitter