Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • energy1x
    • By energy1x 12th Jun 19, 4:34 PM
    • 76Posts
    • 37Thanks
    energy1x
    Direct debit bank switches
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:34 PM
    Direct debit bank switches 12th Jun 19 at 4:34 PM
    Quick question:

I am preparing a donor account for switching to M&S which requires 4 direct debits in order to qualify for the 100 gift card.

I have 2 direct debits on my donor account which have paid out multiple times over the last few months. I have also set up 2 direct debits to charities which have not paid out for the first time yet but will by the end of the month. They are all showing on my account as direct debits.

Can I start my switch now and still qualify? Or will I only qualify once all 4 direct debits have paid out at least once, just being set up is not sufficient?
Page 1
    • badger09
    • By badger09 13th Jun 19, 11:49 AM
    • 7,409 Posts
    • 6,945 Thanks
    badger09
    • 13th Jun 19, 11:49 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 11:49 AM
    Quick question:

I am preparing a donor account for switching to M&S which requires 4 direct debits in order to qualify for the 100 gift card.

I have 2 direct debits on my donor account which have paid out multiple times over the last few months. I have also set up 2 direct debits to charities which have not paid out for the first time yet but will by the end of the month. They are all showing on my account as direct debits.

Can I start my switch now and still qualify? Or will I only qualify once all 4 direct debits have paid out at least once, just being set up is not sufficient?
    Originally posted by energy1x
    Unless the switch incentive has a time limit by which it must be completed, then personally, I would wait until the new DDs have paid out.

You could start the switch process, but set the switch date for say, the middle of next month. That way, you can see that the DDs have paid out, and if they haven't, you'd still have time to sort them out.
    • energy1x
    • By energy1x 13th Jun 19, 4:12 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    energy1x
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:12 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:12 PM
    Thanks I'll try that!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,351Posts Today

8,494Users online

Martin's Twitter