Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • winter_season
    • By winter_season 11th Jun 19, 5:12 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    winter_season
    MOT Pass - Major Advisories
    • 11th Jun 19, 5:12 PM
    MOT Pass - Major Advisories 11th Jun 19 at 5:12 PM
    Hello,

I am looking for some advise,

I took my car for MOT before the expiry of previous MOT and it has passed the test, though i noticed there are advisories on the certificate, which reads

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (both rear) & (offside front) [1.1.11 c]

When i googled this 1.1.11 c, it says Major and description of major category is repair immediately.

Do you think it is still safe to drive, if it is major or should be replaced immediately?

Thank you for your help.
Page 2
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 13th Jun 19, 8:40 AM
    • 5,104 Posts
    • 3,057 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    I don't think so, I would imagine a few major accidents would need to happen at the point of failure, several people would need to have lost their lives and be all over the news for that to happen.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahU KEwjTwfHFh-biAhUMlxQKHUn8AA8QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fww w.hagerty.com%2Farticles-videos%2Farticles%2F2018%2F09%2F24%2Fwhat-you-need-to-know-to-survive-catastrophic-brake-failure&psig=AOvVaw0S57l54-QxDXO5Y2zIYPoI&ust=1560501416562684

That one is ready to go, not mine but looked similar to what I uncovered ^^^^^
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 13th Jun 19, 7:02 PM
    • 15,988 Posts
    • 22,365 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    A while ago, I replaced all the brake pipes on my car with a single circuit braking system with kunifer pipes.

I don't expect to have to replace it in my lifetime.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,279Posts Today

8,136Users online

Martin's Twitter