Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ppc
    • By Ppc 11th Jun 19, 10:00 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Ppc
    Smart parking appeal button not working
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:00 AM
    Smart parking appeal button not working 11th Jun 19 at 10:00 AM
    Hi all,
    Hopefully just a quick one.
    Received a PCN from smart parking, used the template appeal in their website, pressed send and get
    "Sorry this cannot be processed try again in 24 hours"
    Presumably this is to put people off
    I have emailed the the template letter to two emails that are on their website.
    My question is, do I send a hard copy as well?

Many thanks for your patience
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jun 19, 10:03 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:03 AM
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:03 AM
    Nothing to lose by doing so

Get a certificate of posting from the post office when you send it
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    • 40,556 Posts
    • 90,069 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    Complain to the BPA that the keeper is unable to appeal. Even if the system is working in a day's time, a day of the appeal period will be lost.

If sending an appeal by post, do so first class from a PO counter and get a free proof of posting as advised above.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?

Have you complained to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Jun 19, 10:11 AM
    • 15,182 Posts
    • 15,841 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:11 AM
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:11 AM
    Read what Pete Wishert, Mp. Said in the House od Commons recently abour Smart Parking.

"I am sick and tired of receiving emails from people complaining about the behaviour of parking companies, telling me that they will never again visit Perth city centre because of the negative experience they had when they had the misfortune to end up in a car park operated by one of these companies. I have received more complaints about one car park in the city of Perth than about any other issue. That car park is operated by the lone ranger of the parking cowboys: the hated and appalling Smart Parking—I see that many other Members are unfortunate enough to have Smart Parking operating in their constituencies. It has reached the stage where one member of my staff now spends a good part of each day just helping my constituents and visitors to my constituency to navigate the appeals process.

The BPA does not have the ability to regulate these companies and has shown no sign whatsoever that it is trying to get on top of some of the sharper practices. The BPA gives a veneer of legitimacy to some of the more outlandish rogue operators by including them in their membership, allowing them to continue to operate. The Bill will oblige operators such as Smart Parking to amend their practices."

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Ppc
    • By Ppc 11th Jun 19, 10:37 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ppc
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:37 AM
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:37 AM
    I've not heard back from the landowner, haven't complained to my mp yet, he's a bottleless jerk.
    Will get on to the bpa now
    • Ppc
    • By Ppc 14th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ppc
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    Update on this issue.
    After corresponding by email and in writing, I received today an email saying this parking charge notice Has been cancelled and no further correspondence is necessary.
    I used this first stage appeal off the newbie sticky, so thank you for the guidance.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Jun 19, 4:21 PM
    • 17,820 Posts
    • 21,671 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:21 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:21 PM
    That's good to hear.

Don't forget to complain to your MP though. It is the only we are ever going to get rid of this scourge.

Have the BPA replied to you yet?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 19, 4:22 PM
    • 12,510 Posts
    • 17,427 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:22 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:22 PM
    Update on this issue.
    After corresponding by email and in writing, I received today an email saying this parking charge notice Has been cancelled and no further correspondence is necessary.
    I used this first stage appeal off the newbie sticky, so thank you for the guidance.
    Originally posted by Ppc
    Good news

Another scam ticket bites the dust
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 5:29 PM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,713 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:29 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:29 PM
    Smart are useless when they see the forum appeal, just like Highview, scuttling away!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,842Posts Today

8,502Users online

Martin's Twitter