Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LG4455
    • By LG4455 10th Jun 19, 2:27 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    LG4455
    Mortgage first monthly payment query
    • 10th Jun 19, 2:27 PM
    Mortgage first monthly payment query 10th Jun 19 at 2:27 PM
    Hi all,

We are going with Halifax for our mortgage, our normal payment to be circa 850pcm, the documentation with the offer says that our first monthly payment will be around 1375.

We complete on the 27th of June and have requested the monthly direct debit for the 1st of the month. Does anyone have any experience of how they will work it?

They have said they will write to us within 10 days of completion to advise us of the payment date but I would just like to be prepared and budget for it.

Will it likely fall on a random day in July or will they wait and take the payment August 1st?

Thanks!

Lauren
Page 1
    • muhandis
    • By muhandis 10th Jun 19, 2:33 PM
    • 981 Posts
    • 729 Thanks
    muhandis
    • 10th Jun 19, 2:33 PM
    • 10th Jun 19, 2:33 PM
    Going by what Halifax say about the 1st payment, I would think a random day in July. In your place I would make sure there are enough funds from July 1.

Given that 1st July is just 2 working days after completion, I doubt the DD will be collected that promptly.

-----------------------------------
    We’ll collect your first payment by direct debit in the month after your mortgage starts.
    • The first payment is usually higher than the rest of your monthly payments. This is because it includes interest charges from the day we issue the loan
    money to the end of the month, plus the first full monthly payment.
    • We may collect it on a different day of the month to the one you have chosen as your monthly payment day.
    ------------------------------------

Hi all,

We are going with Halifax for our mortgage, our normal payment to be circa 850pcm, the documentation with the offer says that our first monthly payment will be around 1375.

We complete on the 27th of June and have requested the monthly direct debit for the 1st of the month. Does anyone have any experience of how they will work it?

They have said they will write to us within 10 days of completion to advise us of the payment date but I would just like to be prepared and budget for it.

Will it likely fall on a random day in July or will they wait and take the payment August 1st?

Thanks!

Lauren
    Originally posted by LG4455
    Last edited by muhandis; 10-06-2019 at 2:36 PM.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 10th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    • 35,517 Posts
    • 19,419 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 10th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    • 10th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    https://www.halifax-intermediaries.co.uk/pdf/info-about-your-mortgage_10_.pdf

See page 9.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 10th Jun 19, 4:00 PM
    • 35,517 Posts
    • 19,419 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 10th Jun 19, 4:00 PM
    • 10th Jun 19, 4:00 PM
    the documentation with the offer says that our first monthly payment will be around 1375
    Originally posted by LG4455
    Are you sure it doesn't say that would be the estimated monthly payment if completion is assumed to take place on 1st of the month?

If you complete on 27th you will pay a full month, plus three days interest to the end of June.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • LG4455
    • By LG4455 14th Jun 19, 1:10 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    LG4455
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:10 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:10 PM
    Thanks, much appreciated.

No it says first payment 1377 followed by 850 for X months.

I guess will just wait until I get the letter, have budgeted for it to be in July anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,219Posts Today

7,322Users online

Martin's Twitter