Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 9th Jun 19, 7:39 PM
    • 5,523Posts
    • 62,116Thanks
    Jazee
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10th June 2019
    • 9th Jun 19, 7:39 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10th June 2019 9th Jun 19 at 7:39 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10th June 2019
    Welcome to the Weekly Flylady Thread

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    WUDUPA ~ Washed up, dried up, put away
    WUALTD ~ Washed up and left to dry
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Some of our abbreviations: DH- dear husband, OH- other half, KH/CF- affectionate term for ex husband or partner DS/DD- dear son/daughter, DGC- dear grandchild, WM- washing machine, DW- dishwasher, LR/DR- living/dining room, RoD- room of doom, Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al- supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Open windows, loud music and hearty singing is an absolute must for every days activities.. it is good for the lungs!

Marvellous Monday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level One …
    Open the windows and turn on some music!
    Wipe and water the plants
    Clean all mirrors and flat horizontal surfaces
    Level Two…
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, any fluffy electricals and defluff behind the radiators!
    Wipe paintwork esp skirting boards and any grubby marks off walls etc
    Level Three …
    Wipe all door handles and light switches
    Vacuum under any furniture you can.. please don't injure yourselves!
    Clean any other glass like cabinets, pictures etc
    Wash front door inside and out

Shake out all door mats
    Extras
    • Clear a hotspot or 3! If neccesary, just put in a bag/box to sort out in a HHC
    • Clean light shades/fittings and lamps
    • Wash a pair of curtains, or some nets or a throw from a chair
    • Wash pet beds
    • If you want to get ahead for tomorrow, change some bedding.
    Terrific Tuesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One …
    Open the window and air the room
    Strip off smelly bedding and sling it in the wash, replace well before bedtime!
    Dust all those flat & mirrored surfaces
    Level Two …
    Wipe all door handles & switches
    Sort your underwear drawer, get rid of anything past it's best
    Vacuum the carpets
    Level Three …
    Make sure those smoke alarms are working!!! (do not set fire to anything.. just press the button!!)
    While you've got the hoover out, run it over the rest of the house (stuff in the way? -put in in your hotspot box/bag to sort later)
    Sort out your jewellery, find some different earrings or similar to wear
    Remove some cobwebs and wipe over the light shades

Extras

• Wash any curtains that need doing
    • HHI
    • Get ahead for tomorrow - remove anything from the kitchen that shouldn't be there
    • S&S the bathrooms
    • Take 15 mins to do something just for you - read a book, knitting, paint your nails, whatever brings a smile to your face
    Wonderful Wednesday - Kitchen Kapers
    Level One
    Open the blinds/curtains and let in the light.
    Clear and wipe the worksurfaces
    Sweep & mop the floor
    Level Two
    Wipe the little appliances and put them back in their homes
    Wipe over the cupboards and large appliances
    Clean kickboards - in a bad mood, kick them and see if they do their job!
    Clean out microwave – a little lemon in a bowl of water heated up for 5 mins makes it a a lot easier to clean.
    Level Three
    Shine the grotty windows
    Wipe all switches and door handles

Drag everything out of the plastic tub cupboard.. wipe it out and put back the bits you are keeping that actually have lids.
    Extras

• Clean out your hoover.
    • Clean the radiator including behind it
    • Start sorting anything you've accumulated from hotspots this week, put where it belongs or get rid
    • Deweb
    • Clean tiles including grouting

Thrilling Thursday- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level One …

Clean & wash floors in these rooms
    Polish mirrors
    Clean hair brushes and make up brushes
    Level Two …
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside and under the rim and sinks.. shine the taps with a toothbrush!!!!
    Dust PC and clear any clutter from desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Do some shredding.
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three …
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Tidy the airing cupboard, get rid of anything past its best or just not used. The local dog rescue will be grateful
    HHG.. Weeds are really easy to pull out now that it's rained so much

Extras…

• Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Top up the handwash dispensers
    • Check stocks of toilet roll and essential toiletries
    • Sort the medicine cabinet
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc whatever needs cleaning.
    • HHI... a bit more gone!

Fantastic Friday - a bit of everything

Get out the feather duster and just go round dewebbing where you can and dusting high up places.
    Grab a microfibre cloth and go round wiping all flat surfaces
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    Get the ironing out of the way before the weekend
    Whizz the hoover round
    Last edited by Jazee; 13-06-2019 at 6:49 PM.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 Oct £55.62 Total 2019 - £4283.17/£5k
Page 3
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 12th Jun 19, 12:55 PM
    • 10,964 Posts
    • 120,530 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Hi everyone - the proverbial bad penny returns for a quick visit.
    Today I realised that there are very few photographs of people from the past that have given me a lovely feeling of, 'Ahhhh' when I see them. However, there are a lot of animal photographs that really do mean something to me, and it's rammed home how much I am not really a people person. It's a relief to finally know it, be able to acknowledge it and accept it. I don't want to forget the past or the people, but I do want to feel less bogged down and ensnared by it.

It's why decluttering gets harder. As all the easy stuff - like too many saucepans - is finished one is left with the emotional stuff. After a week of allowing myself to take it at the pace at which I can function, incredibly cathartic. I've been joking that I find being around animals a lot easier than people for years - turns out it was true.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    I've never made any secret of it - I definitely find animals, especially dogs, much easier than people.
    As well as missing LW, I hope Round is ok too.
    Originally posted by Fayolle
    Thank you for thinking of me; life is tough right now, I'm still battling a flare, still extremely stressed, and still getting further and further behind with my tasks. Am also experiencing some annoying memory lapses; having to list anything and everything I nee to do in the PDA, and also using visual cues as reminders - for instance leaving the enamel dish out on the kitchen counter to remind me to make a fruit crumble, that sort of thing.

I am having to be behind Mr Wolf and checking any tasks he does for completeness. For instance, he usually volunteers to wash up, but I'm finding the next time I want to use an item he's washed, it's not been properly cleaned, so I have to stop and re-wash it before I can use it. I's doubly distressing because he used to be so fastidious.

We're very busy with the dogs (which is a GOOD thing) - I am nearly completely booked right up to the beginning of November! Our current guests are a whippet and a whippet/border collie cross, the same ones who stayed over last New Year.

I haven't read back over what I've missed, so I hope everyone is as well as can be, and life isn't being too much of a PITA.

Must crack on; I've just been informed we're nearly out of bread, so I'd better go and put the BM on.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 12th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    • 5,944 Posts
    • 57,579 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    DD bed changed.
    Day of volunteering. Outside.
    Kettle has just blown up.
    Aargh.
    Originally posted by Fayolle

Keep on trucking, as they say, Fayolle.

Good to see you again, Lamewolf. Sorry it's a bit stressy at the moment but glad to hear you have dogs in abundance.
    Vacuuming done, bathroom swished and swiped, WU up to date.

Timeline going well, 40 years of passports checked, diving logs checked, now to start on diaries. Layla is now chewing an old photographic wallet. Strange dog, she's got two goats ears and a tripe bone, and raids the bin for something she can nibble.
    Keeping it AF
    • Valli
    • By Valli 12th Jun 19, 6:43 PM
    • 21,299 Posts
    • 240,734 Thanks
    Valli
    Madness. But fun.

Hope you're all well.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 12th Jun 19, 9:24 PM
    • 2,771 Posts
    • 39,766 Thanks
    ionafan
    [Creeping back in]

Lovely to see you, Lame Wolf.

After a good holiday week, the stress of the long drive home in the rain brought on one of my "overtired" migraines; then just as I was recovering from that, yesterday I moved a chair awkwardly and managed to put my back out, so I have spent an awful lot of this week taking painkillers and sleeping.

But
    - washing is up to date
    - kitchen and bathroom have been S&S'd
    - managed to lose 2 meetings from my diary this week (cancelled by other people)
    - managed to gain a translation to be done (unpaid) by the end of the month and a booking to give a talk (also unpaid) in mid-August
    - have timed my switch to green energy perfectly, as my son has referred me and there happens to be a special offer for him this week whereby he and the person he refers each get £75 credit instead of the normal £50 so win-win all round
    - Rosie has had whatever walks I could manage between downpours and backache
    - DH has been working on the railway all day today and came home in a good mood, for a change

However, I am trying to do some of our vicar's work while he is away at a conference this week and still wallowing in my own paperwork, and - even if I could bend over and hope to get up again unaided - it's too wet to do the gardening that is desperately needed

I think I'm going to hibernate until the end of the month!

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks to all in need xx
    • asparklyblonde
    • By asparklyblonde 13th Jun 19, 5:05 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 1,756 Thanks
    asparklyblonde
    Morning all

Up, showered, slurping tea. First job for today is go and see HR at work, I have been paid and it's less than I expected...

DW has been unloaded, washing is draped over the house (TD on its way out and we are not replacing). DD had a good school trip yesterday but boy was she tired!

Did anyone watch Eat Well for Less last night? We were aghast.

Best crack on have lovely days all xx
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 13th Jun 19, 7:09 AM
    • 1,199 Posts
    • 13,735 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Morning all.
    I was shattered after yesterday’s escapades but at least the rain held off until the final hour when we were pretty much done anyway. Hopefully a few pennies raised for charity to boot.
    This morning I have run the wm and tackled 2 x HHI. DH picked up a new kettle on his way home so that DD is now spared the apparently impossible task of boiling water without an electric kettle. Such a hassle apparently
    Off to work as soon as I have sorted out the airing cupboard.
    Lovely to see you LW. Glad to read about the doggy visitors.
    Ouch, Iona.
    Have a lovely day. Stay as dry as you can.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 13th Jun 19, 8:09 AM
    • 10,971 Posts
    • 130,639 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

It's raining, so I have free water! all buckets etc are outside at back of the garen collecting, so I can water the plants when it get hot later on !

I hope Dizzy is ok, as I am sure she lives in a flood zone area, with all this water I hope her flood defences are working as they should be after last time, when she had to move out for months and months. xx

Machine walk done
    Hall way done
    Off to visit an elderly relation
    Sun, Sea

• dancemum
    • By dancemum 13th Jun 19, 8:18 AM
    • 2,222 Posts
    • 31,902 Thanks
    dancemum
    Hope everyone is safe in the floods x

2 x wm done
    Off to fill in more forms at funeral directors. We are splitting ashes in to 2 as he wanted to go where his mum is and mum wants him with her family where she wants to go eventually.
    Still wading through my parents paperwork and phone calls.
    • nicki
    • By nicki 13th Jun 19, 9:01 AM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 88,420 Thanks
    nicki
    Morning all

Lost the past 2 days to work (and a 4 hour accidental nap on Tuesday. I must not get comfortable on the couch while having lunch and listening to an audiobook ) and I've still got work to do today but I really need to get a handle on some housework first as it's irritating me too much. I also need to work on me going dailies even on the days I'm working as I hate playing catch up the next day.

Dailies are done, but I still have dishes to wash. The WM has just finished it's first load of the day (cleaning cloths) so I'm going to go hang them to dry and get a load of towels in. Then I'm getting Henry out (while I have the energy) and dusting throughout with him! Hopefully then the dust will stay gone for more than an hour

Off to hang the washing, back later
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 13th Jun 19, 9:24 AM
    • 1,795 Posts
    • 25,111 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    LameWolf Great to hear from you, glad lots of dogs - I love the sound of a whippet x collie; my favourite dogs are whippets and Mr N loves collies! Hope things pick up for you, it is no fun this getting older business.

Ionafan Ouch, get some rest.

I seem to be in perpetual chaos (what's new?). Got up early as alarm half an hour earlier than I expected, really needing the sleep. Plan was PT at 10am then 1:1 student at 11.45. Had contacted both recently and not yet had appts confirmed. Then followed half an hour of mayhem - texts which hadn't sent; confusion over dates, overload with work so the upshot is that I now have no appts today. Would really have benefited from an extra hour or so's sleep.

Anyway, so far I've filled bird feeders, checked bank accounts, done a bit of searching for checklists etc with Mr N as he has yet another assessment for MIL arranged for 11am. We presume this is an interim care agency as SW was adamant that she should return to her flat this week, so was seeking carers.
    Now returning to writing a report; I've had a couple of ASD ones recently which I don't normally do, so they have been stressing me out. Just do what has to be done next and work my way down the list. Which includes BIL coming to stay for 2 nights so must think of veggie meals.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • BadCat18
    • By BadCat18 13th Jun 19, 9:25 AM
    • 306 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    BadCat18
    Hi all

Had early start at paid stuff this morning as needed to get out for an appointment. That’s done now. WM x 1 done and on airer with dehumidifier going.

I caved in this morning and put the heating on! Just for an hour to take some of the chill off the house, I was freezing and despite wearing several layers and even after a hot bath I could not get warm! Feeling better now, have turned it off again....

Dailies started but not yet finished, didn’t get to kitchen properly yesterday either, work in the afternoon went a bit barmy and I ended up working late. Another very busy day today but will try and fly around after work. Planning an easy supper so should be able to concentrate on house stuff later.

Try and stay dry all, hope none of you are affected by floods. Back later x
    • nicki
    • By nicki 13th Jun 19, 1:19 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 88,420 Thanks
    nicki
    Just a quick list update before I go for a shower in the hopes of finding some work motivation while I'm in there. I've gone right through the house with the vacuum, and while doing the edges on the stairs I managed to pull it down the stairs on top of me again Luckily I felt the hose go slack and realised what was happening so managed to catch it before it got more than half way down. Now I remember why I bought the new one - it's lighter, easier to use and breaks right down to a handheld size so there's no vacuum balanced on the top corner step when doing the stairs

Monday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level Two…
    Wipe paintwork esp skirting boards and any grubby marks off walls etc
    Level Three …
    Wipe all door handles and light switches
    Wash front door inside and out
    Shake out all door mats
    Extras
    Clean light shades/fittings and lamps - 1 done but I can't reach the other without a helping hand.

Tuesday ~ Master Bedroom
    Level One …
    Strip off smelly bedding and sling it in the wash, replace well before bedtime!
    Level Two …
    Wipe all door handles & switches
    Level Three …
    Sort out your jewellery, find some to wear
    Extras
    Wash any curtains that need doing
    S&S the bathrooms

Wednesday - Kitchen Kapers
    Level One
    Mop the floor
    Level Two
    Wipe over the cupboards and large appliances
    Clean kickboards - in a bad mood, kick them and see if they do their job!
    Level Three
    Shine the grotty windows
    Wipe all switches and door handles
    Extras
    Clean out your hoover.
    Clean the radiator including behind it
    Clean tiles including grouting

Thursday- Bathroom and Desk Area
    Level One
    Wash floors in these rooms
    Polish mirrors
    Level Two …
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside and under the rim and sinks.. shine the taps with a toothbrush!!!!
    Dust PC and clear any clutter from desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Do some shredding.
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three …
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins!
    HHG.. Weeds are really easy to pull out now that it's rained so much Not doing this, the local sparrows have a field day hunting for stuff to eat in the weeds which are mainly grass. I love watching them while I wash up etc. Much cheaper than buying bird food as well
    Extras…
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc whatever needs cleaning.

Not bad since most of the jobs left require cleaning cloths and all of mine were washed this morning Off to hang up the towel wash, strip my bed, then get a much needed shower before DS comes home Then on with work, which won't take long in theory when I'm doing the outside the house part then I'll either rest of do a couple of easy/light weight jobs.
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 13th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    • 25,745 Posts
    • 105,993 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Had Union Rep appointment. Seems that they 'forgot' to refer me for priority redeployment by not actually getting round to giving me notice until yesterday morning. Rep is doing loads of paperwork and whilst. as far as I'm concerned, my best outcome is preferential job vacancy access elsewhere, boss is adamant that the only acceptable solution is for me to keep my job. Whatever. I don't care anymore, just as long as I have an income, I'll go through the motions (as I only involved the union to make sure I wasn't getting screwed over). Either way, they want to get their pound of flesh as there's no gardening leave/, I'll be working flat out (and overtime) until the very last second of employment.

Himself has had his last day of work on the ZHC. They sound like they liked him, though. Just wish he'd found something else to go to in the meantime.

We've both been given the chance for some free qualifications, though, so I'll just add yet more to the list of things to put on application forms.

I am currently dreaming of buying myself a jersey pair of trackies, t-shirt, hoodie, new trainers and socks and, together with a supersoft sleep bra, just spending days slobbing out without anything to do but a bit of housework and some cooking.

Pathetic, really. But it sounds amazing.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • BadCat18
    • By BadCat18 13th Jun 19, 7:03 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    BadCat18
    Dailies finally done! Bins emptied and clean ready for collection day tomorrow.
    Bathroom and en-suite cleaned including windows and wiped down all woodwork.
    Office desk tidied,
    Filing done
    Vac and dust of spare room and office done
    Vac of top flight of stairs done
    Tea made, munched and washing up cleared
    DW has had it! It is quite old and to be honest washing up not something I mind doing, even find it quite relaxing... sad I know. Anyway will think about whether we want to replace DW or not. Only problem is it is integrated in to kitchen so will just be a wasted space if we don’t replace. Decisions, decisions.
    DH is about to do the ironing and I am going to flump in the chair with my book.
    Have a lovely evening all. Hugs to those that need or want them.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 13th Jun 19, 9:37 PM
    • 2,771 Posts
    • 39,766 Thanks
    ionafan
    Survived toddler group and staff meeting
    Rang DD and sorted birthday gifts for DGS1 and DSiL.

DGS1 told me in science they have been studying viruses, and he had sown some viruses (in Petrie dishes, I assumed), including cholera and Ebola, and was carrying them around in his school bag but it later transpired that he had sewn models of them from odd bits of fabric Phew! - panic over!
    DGS2 (aged 9) has been rehearsing with his band "The Orange Orang-Utans" this afternoon and they've made their first recording: jungle jazz, with 2 saxophonists, pianist (who'd never played a note before this morning), percussionist (on biscuit tin and colander, but using proper drumsticks) and vocalist. Gotta love these lads!

Thankfully my back pain has eased off this evening, so I am off to bed now and will flutter gently round the house and garden tomorrow. (((Hugs))) all round x
    • BadCat18
    • By BadCat18 14th Jun 19, 6:57 AM
    • 306 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    BadCat18
    Morning all!

Late start for me this morning... I must have needed the sleep!

WM swishing
    Dishes put away from the late night snack that DH had
    Breakfast munched

Busy day of paid stuff today, need to try and catch up with all the tasks I haven’t got to because the week went barmy!

Time to fold washing off the airer and get myself showered and feeling vaguely human!

Back later x
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 14th Jun 19, 7:21 AM
    • 415 Posts
    • 4,882 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Friday already, what happened to the rest of the week.

No work and no apointments today although will have to do a bit of shopping, but only locally I think.

Not going to tackle anything today as DD2 needs to pack and she's not good at making decisions. She's off for a couple of months work placement in Ireland tomorrow and very nervous about it. I'm going over there with her in the car to help her sort out bank account and pay rent etc. I'm flying home on Monday night. It's going to be mentally/emotionally quite a long weekend.

So this morning, bed is stripped and in WM, DW emptied.

Have a nice day everyone
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 14th Jun 19, 7:42 AM
    • 10,971 Posts
    • 130,639 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Hi

Still raining, but the sun appeared for about 2 mins earlier.

Daily stuff done
    Sun, Sea

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 14th Jun 19, 11:22 AM
    • 5,523 Posts
    • 62,116 Thanks
    Jazee
    First work shift done, also some paperwork.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 Oct £55.62 Total 2019 - £4283.17/£5k
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 14th Jun 19, 12:29 PM
    • 415 Posts
    • 4,882 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    OH home so WM on again
    Paperwork and admin done for bank
    Paperwork done for DD2
    Lunch made and eaten
    Now ironing and help DD2 pack
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,031Posts Today

7,533Users online

Martin's Twitter