Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mabaker
    • By Mabaker 8th Jun 19, 10:26 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mabaker
    Redundancy in 2020
    • 8th Jun 19, 10:26 AM
    Redundancy in 2020 8th Jun 19 at 10:26 AM
    We entered a 45 day consultation on Thursday 6th but my role will not be outsourced until January 2020. When consultation ends will I be issued a redundancy notice? And if I am will I then just have to work my notice or codon I have to work until next year?:
Page 1
    • Masomnia
    • By Masomnia 10th Jun 19, 7:08 PM
    • 18,017 Posts
    • 40,115 Thanks
    Masomnia
    • 10th Jun 19, 7:08 PM
    • 10th Jun 19, 7:08 PM
    Really depends on the company and what they decide to do unfortunately. Sounds like you'll have work until at least then.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. - P.G. Wodehouse
    • regprentice
    • By regprentice 13th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    • 670 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    regprentice
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    I worked in a team of 24. 20 of us were put on a years notice of redundancy. Yes they had to work the full redundancy period, those who wouldn't be getting a decent redundancy payment left as soon as they could and weren't replaced, making life harder for those left behind.

We were offshored to India, so had 3 months of cross training them then were left sitting about doing odds and sods for 6 months. They didn't want to lose any staff until the Indian team had been trained in the UK for 3 months and working back in India for another 3months, just in case it went badly and they needed to cancel it (and our redundancy) at the last minute.

The worst part was, despite being on notice of redundancy, none of our redundancy support started until we were in our contractural notice period of 3 months. So we were left on the shelf for 9 months then it was a mad rush to do stuff like CV courses and register for redeployment schemes etc.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 14th Jun 19, 5:05 AM
    • 37,403 Posts
    • 23,082 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:05 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:05 AM
    When in situations with future termination dates read up on counter notice as that gives extra options one in the statutory notice period.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,337Posts Today

7,221Users online

Martin's Twitter