Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 7th Jun 19, 2:49 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Magi2009
    Parking Fine for Unloading
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:49 PM
    Parking Fine for Unloading 7th Jun 19 at 2:49 PM
    I’m an entertainer and I went to a gig, the venue was in a shopping centre complex. I pulled up outside venue, unloaded , taking just a couple of minutes and then parked in a correct space. I’ve been sent a £60 fine rising to £100 if not paid within 14 days. I’ve spoken to PCM they say I shouldn’t have parked where I did to unload but I was told by 2 people from the venue that this was ok as there was no car park spaces available near and my stuff was very heavy. Also I didn’t even block the road. Then one of the ladies from the venue moved her car so I could park near the venue after we realised there still want anywhere to park. I was working and had no choice but to unload where I did. I had know idea that I would get a fine for unloading. I was unloading for 2 to 3 minutes at most.

What do I do next?
Page 5
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 12th Jun 19, 12:36 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 5,315 Thanks
    NeilCr

I repeat - only a mug with more money than sense would pay PCM after coming here
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    While I understand the general sentiment I do think this is a tad harsh.

I've said before on here that, for some, just getting the issue dealt with (even if that means paying) may be the best thing for them. As I said I was going through a difficult time earlier this year and, whilst I am usually up for the battle, I may have paid up just to ease the pressure on me.

I do get that is against the general ethos of this forum (and is part of the M/O of the PPCs) but we don't always know what is going on in folks lives

Note. This is not to say that I believe the OP should pay up. I'd actually go with MistyZ's suggestion of writing to the CEO of the car park explaining simply what happened ((you've articulated it clearly on here) and asking them to cancel

And it is not to say that I think most people should, either!
    Last edited by NeilCr; 12-06-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 12th Jun 19, 1:43 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Magi2009
    Thanks for this. Do I need the name of this person, contact details etc.?
    Originally posted by Magi2009
    While I understand the general sentiment I do think this is a tad harsh.

I've said before on here that, for some, just getting the issue dealt with (even if that means paying) may be the best thing for them. As I said I was going through a difficult time earlier this year and, whilst I am usually up for the battle, I may have paid up just to ease the pressure on me.

I do get that is against the general ethos of this forum (and is part of the M/O of the PPCs) but we don't always know what is going on in folks lives

Note. This is not to say that I believe the OP should pay up. I'd actually go with MistyZ's suggestion of writing to the CEO of the car park explaining simply what happened ((you've articulated it clearly on here) and asking them to cancel

And it is not to say that I think most people should, either!
    Originally posted by NeilCr

Don’t know OP Stands for but I assume it’s me.

I can’t find any trace of CEO of the Fort Shopping Centre. I’ve google it but no results. Can anyone help. Waamo said if I pay now, they’ll demand more from me.. Why and how would this be?
    Last edited by Magi2009; 12-06-2019 at 1:45 PM.
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 12th Jun 19, 3:47 PM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 2,092 Thanks
    MistyZ
    There is an email for the person who, I assume, is the overall manager:

manager@thefort.co.uk

Or is that who you have already spoken to? (Still worth emailing again though).

The thinking is to go to whoever is highest up the food chain and with a large centre such as The Fort, the manager must have quite a lot of authority.

Could be that there is a landowner or land management company for the land on which it is situated and with such outfits there is usually a CEO. I'll do some digging but will wait to see if that email is for the person you've already tried.
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 12th Jun 19, 5:59 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Magi2009
    There is an email for the person who, I assume, is the overall manager:

manager@thefort.co.uk

Or is that who you have already spoken to? (Still worth emailing again though).

The thinking is to go to whoever is highest up the food chain and with a large centre such as The Fort, the manager must have quite a lot of authority.

Could be that there is a landowner or land management company for the land on which it is situated and with such outfits there is usually a CEO. I'll do some digging but will wait to see if that email is for the person you've already tried.
    Originally posted by MistyZ
    Thanks for this but yes this is who Iíve already spoken to and believe me they wonít budge. I said I knew they had the power to squash this but their reply was that they ďcouldn't just go round letting people offĒ It was a long chat that got me nowhere. ďJust appeal and go from thereĒ they said.

So back to square. I need to decide whether after the appeal to carry on or pay.

Well, thanks again for your help.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 1:31 AM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I need to decide whether after the appeal to carry on or pay.
    Neither. It's PCM and will go to court, and we usually win.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 13th Jun 19, 7:32 AM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 2,092 Thanks
    MistyZ
    7 minutes. 7!

Some folk would cut off their right arm to be contesting a parking charge for a mere 7 minutes.

Okay that's a slight exaggeration. But I just don't see how you can lose this OP.

The experienced regulars are great, stick with 'em, learn as you go and do exactly what they say. Takes a bit of steel but I think it'll be worth it.

Of course it is your call, but having been stitched up by the parking company and the centre manager there's good reason to be furious as well as optimistic.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Jun 19, 7:50 AM
    • 5,679 Posts
    • 7,253 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    OP = original poster

OP - you need ot please, please, calm down and listen to what is being said

You, yourself are a witness. Obviously the more ADIDTIONAL evidenc eyou have, the better - didnt the centre state they had CCTV and could see you had STOPPED to UNLOAD? Well in that case, they have CCTV *showing you were unloading*, they MUST give you a copy as it is *your* data, and look - now you have your evidence - i was stopped there ot unload - and CCTV showing precisely that. You must must must request it NOW. No delays

If you can find the name and address of who you believed had authority to authorise you to STOP there and UNLOAD, then even better

But judges deal with this all the time; if you appear credible, your story sensible and consistent, then your eviednce - your own testimony - has a good chance of being accepted.
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 13th Jun 19, 8:02 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Magi2009
    Neither. It's PCM and will go to court, and we usually win.
    I was told early I should appeal ad Iíve started the process which needs to be done by tomorrow. If appeal fails then Iíll decide.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 8:28 PM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But your appeal will fail; there is no true appeal with any IPC firm.

I want you to understand that now, and that you have a defence and there is no risk.

7 minutes. 7!

Some folk would cut off their right arm to be contesting a parking charge for a mere 7 minutes.

Okay that's a slight exaggeration. But I just don't see how you can lose this OP.
    I agree.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 13th Jun 19, 8:41 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Magi2009
    OP = original poster

OP - you need ot please, please, calm down and listen to what is being said

You, yourself are a witness. Obviously the more ADIDTIONAL evidenc eyou have, the better - didnt the centre state they had CCTV and could see you had STOPPED to UNLOAD? Well in that case, they have CCTV *showing you were unloading*, they MUST give you a copy as it is *your* data, and look - now you have your evidence - i was stopped there ot unload - and CCTV showing precisely that. You must must must request it NOW. No delays

If you can find the name and address of who you believed had authority to authorise you to STOP there and UNLOAD, then even better

But judges deal with this all the time; if you appear credible, your story sensible and consistent, then your eviednce - your own testimony - has a good chance of being accepted.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001

Thanks for this. I am calm.

I have now made contact with the person who booked me. she has now sent me an email stating the mix and confirming that I did move as quickly as possible and that she moved her car so I could park close. If there was a way of posting the image of the signage that PCM have given as evidence. Itís not too clear, canít read small print but I canít see that it states anything about unloading or not being not allowed to. But I could be wrong. Itís a long way to the shopping centre and wonít have time to get there for a week ... work comes first.

I have now requested the cctv footage. This wonít go into the appeal process but will be kept safe. I shall send a copy of the email sent the lady I thought worked at The play area.

Thanks for your help.
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 13th Jun 19, 8:44 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Magi2009

I want you to understand that now, and that you have a defence and there is no risk.

I agree.
    What about Parking Eye... a mate of mine told me yesterday he appealed against one where you had to Imput his car reg number as proof he was using the venue... and won. He said appeal first, itíll buy you sometime anyway.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jun 19, 8:47 PM
    • 17,871 Posts
    • 21,768 Thanks
    KeithP
    But C-m's statement was:
    ParkingEye are a BPA firm.
    • Magi2009
    • By Magi2009 17th Jun 19, 10:55 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Magi2009
    I’ve asked for the cctv footage but they’ve now come back and claim that the footage shows other people, cars etc and they can’t release this information unless I get a legal representative who can then ask for. I’m fed up of them blocking me like this. No help what so ever.

What do you guys think?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jun 19, 12:49 AM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I’m fed up of them blocking me like this. No help what so ever.
    We did tell you. This is all pointless for you. There is NO APPEAL with IPC members.

Come back at court claim stage, or Letter before Claim.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,601Users online

Martin's Twitter