Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pythagorous
    • By Pythagorous 7th Jun 19, 1:20 PM
    • 698Posts
    • 90Thanks
    Pythagorous
    Creating an mp4 from an mp3 audio file for vimeo
    • 7th Jun 19, 1:20 PM
    Creating an mp4 from an mp3 audio file for vimeo 7th Jun 19 at 1:20 PM
    I'm trying to upload an audio file to vimeo by saving it as an mp4 (vimeo doesn't allow audio). Ideally it would have an image that I pick showing on the mp4 video. I've tried a number of online convertors which seem to work okay.

The problem is that when I then upload to vimeo the file doesn't seem to work (I've tried a few different convertors). The vimeo message keeps saying "Invalid file
    There was a problem with your file. Either itís not a video file, or an unsupported codec."

Does anyone know of a way to convert and mp3 audio file to mp4 that will allow me ot upload to vimeo?
Page 1
    • dan958
    • By dan958 7th Jun 19, 2:08 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 506 Thanks
    dan958
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:08 PM
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:08 PM
    Shove the file into any editing program. Literally any program, such as windows movie maker.

Render it out as mp4. Upload. There may even be some online convertors.
    • Pythagorous
    • By Pythagorous 7th Jun 19, 2:09 PM
    • 698 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Pythagorous
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:09 PM
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:09 PM
    i tried movie maker and the mp4 file that comes out then gives the following error message in vimeo:

Invalid file
    There was a problem with your file. Either itís not a video file, or an unsupported codec.
    • dan958
    • By dan958 7th Jun 19, 2:12 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 506 Thanks
    dan958
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:12 PM
    • 7th Jun 19, 2:12 PM
    Ddi you have any video tracks on your render? It may be trying to look for that. When in movie maker, just make a video track with a black background or something.
    • that
    • By that 7th Jun 19, 9:56 PM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 716 Thanks
    that
    • 7th Jun 19, 9:56 PM
    • 7th Jun 19, 9:56 PM
    install either Blueberry flashback express (watermarks), obs studio, vlc. vlc is probably the most common and easiest
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 8th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    • 13,415 Posts
    • 16,212 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 8th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    • 8th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    There are various free video editing packages available. Although they are overkill for this task, they will do it, and also give plenty of options for rendering the output into a file that meets the requirement of the destination platform.

Three options I have experience of:-

- Black Magic DaVinci Resolve
    - Lightworks
    - VSDC Free Video Editor

Of these, Lightworks is probably easiest to use for basic tasks.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 13th Jun 19, 10:27 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 374 Thanks
    capital0ne
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:27 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:27 PM
    ffmpeg will convert mp3 to mp4
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,654Users online

Martin's Twitter