Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thebaldwindowfitter
    • By thebaldwindowfitter 3rd Jun 19, 8:00 PM
    • 1,455Posts
    • 714Thanks
    thebaldwindowfitter
    orange local call number
    • 3rd Jun 19, 8:00 PM
    orange local call number 3rd Jun 19 at 8:00 PM
    Has anybody on here had a local number on there mobile with orange . For almost 20 years now i have had a local to me 0161 number attached to my mobile plan for my business now orange have given me 30 days notice telling me they are stopping the service and my telephone number will be lost .This number i have used on all invoices van and shop signage so obviously very important to me orange are saying they wont compensate me and i cannot port the number elsewhere advice welcome?
    Last edited by thebaldwindowfitter; 03-06-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
Page 2
    • baldelectrician
    • By baldelectrician 14th Jun 19, 1:42 AM
    • 2,330 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    baldelectrician
    I use TTNC for my business numbers and they have an adult with a pulse to speak to when you have a query

I have transferred landline number to them and also transferred non-landline (virtual numbers) to them so they do both.
    baldly going on...
    • J B
    • By J B 14th Jun 19, 5:27 PM
    • 3,524 Posts
    • 1,352 Thanks
    J B
    I use TTNC for my business numbers and they have an adult with a pulse to speak to when you have a query

I have transferred landline number to them and also transferred non-landline (virtual numbers) to them so they do both.
    Originally posted by baldelectrician

But, are they able to rescue your 'orange' number?
    • thebaldwindowfitter
    • By thebaldwindowfitter 16th Jun 19, 7:42 PM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    thebaldwindowfitter

Originally posted by baldelectrician
    i to use ttnc for other numbers great service at present they cannot port this number they were my first call
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 17th Jun 19, 7:56 AM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    iniltous
    Doesn’t help the OP, but a little while ago Ofcom stated they were looking at number portability, as at present, porting from one company to another depends on the losing company to remain in business , and obviously although Ofcom can dictate that licensed company’s have to port numbers on request ( something that certain company’s don’t seem to adhere to ) they cannot ‘make’ a company continue to trade, and given Ofcom’s primary reason to exist is to promote competition, the consequence of that ultimately is, businesses failing, or making so little that continuing makes no business sense.
    As others have pointed out ‘Orange’ as a brand doesn’t really exist anymore, so what can Ofcom threaten them with ?, withdrawal of a licence they don’t need ?

Many years ago (probably decades) a company ( may have been ‘Mercury’ ) stopped trading , leaving 1000’s of customers facing disconnection , BT at the time stepped in and provided those customers with service, but that was when there was only really BT and VM as major players , these days I doubt BT would intervene or if Ofcom asked would probably refuse ( given that if BT took over the number range many would then simply port to someone else ) that seems to be why Ofcom are looking at the whole portability process
    Last edited by iniltous; 17-06-2019 at 8:09 AM.
    • thebaldwindowfitter
    • By thebaldwindowfitter 11th Jul 19, 6:46 PM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    thebaldwindowfitter
    orange have now agreed to move my contract over to ee
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,322Users online

Martin's Twitter