Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 3rd Jun 19, 11:19 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Quinton715
    Setting aside CCJ
    • 3rd Jun 19, 11:19 AM
    Setting aside CCJ 3rd Jun 19 at 11:19 AM
    Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice, I know this has probably been discussed to death but please bear with me.

The person involved started on 5th March 2018 at this new job were they were issued the fine, and moved house closer to the area on Saturday 17th March 2018. As you can imagine, all the docs were sent to the old address! So the party involved would like to get this set aside, but just wanted to query a few things here first?

Thanks,

Q
    Last edited by Quinton715; 17-06-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Unknown
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jun 19, 4:03 PM
    • 25,070 Posts
    • 40,398 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    what an ammo is?
    Ammunition - to adequately defend your case should you get the set aside but then being open to a further claim being made for the parking event by the PPC.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 3rd Jun 19, 4:04 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 5,187 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    date og getting info from DVLA

signage present at time

how do you KNOW it relates to this carpark

what is the amout that the ccj is for ?

have you contacted court to ask who , when and to where the papers were posted and name of parking co
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 3rd Jun 19, 7:22 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quinton715
    date og getting info from DVLA

signage present at time

how do you KNOW it relates to this carpark

what is the amout that the ccj is for ?

have you contacted court to ask who , when and to where the papers were posted and name of parking co
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    I know it relates to this car park because I have spoken to the county court who issued the CCJ and they gave me all this info. I've DM'd you.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 4th Jun 19, 5:14 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 5,187 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    once a person realises that he has a ccj against him , especially after talking to the courts , he should read the newbies thread and start a setaside going ASAP

contacting the DVLA can be done along side the above
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jun 19, 11:17 AM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,714 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Set asides are all the same and pretty much all are won here, as long as the poster satisfies the Judge with evidence of address,etc., that the claim was not received and they had no opportunity to defend (and that they have good prospects of success which everyone does v PPCs unless their case is a like ParkingEye v Beavis in all facts).

Which PPC is it? (forum acronyms are in post #5 of the NEWBIES thread if needed).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Jun 19, 12:36 PM
    • 5,679 Posts
    • 7,251 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Your set aside has a strict limit on when you can reasonably get this done

within 21 days, otherwise you will have to explain to the court why YOU delayed.
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 13th Jun 19, 8:46 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quinton715
    Hi all,

Just going further on from this thread, would anyone be kind enough to help just with a few things, preferably via private message?

Thanks

Q
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jun 19, 8:55 PM
    • 17,822 Posts
    • 21,677 Thanks
    KeithP
    Quinton715, please take care.

Now that you have asked people to help you via Private Message, please understand that everyone who might respond may not have the same goal as you.

It is known that the private parking companies keep a close eye on this forum and....

Remember that if you are given a bum steer in the open forum you can be sure that correct guidance will be given very quickly.
    You won't have that protection in PMs.
    Last edited by KeithP; 13-06-2019 at 9:06 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 9:20 PM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,714 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It is known that the private parking companies keep a close eye on this forum
    Even worse, aggressive multi-ego posters from parking appeals firms with the worst Trustpilot reviews and replies known to man, actively register here every so often in yet another new name.

When I say 'even worse', compared to some PPCs, I mean it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 17th Jun 19, 9:12 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quinton715
    Quinton715, please take care.

Now that you have asked people to help you via Private Message, please understand that everyone who might respond may not have the same goal as you.

It is known that the private parking companies keep a close eye on this forum and....

Remember that if you are given a bum steer in the open forum you can be sure that correct guidance will be given very quickly.
    You won't have that protection in PMs.
    Originally posted by KeithP

I'm sorry but I can't comprehend this, isn't against forum rules but not also against the law to use this as a tool to spy on people, or use their information against them? By which all my information is honest and true so I don't what possible usage they could have anyway.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jun 19, 9:27 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    We are advising you against the danger of getting private messages from untrustworthy sources!

If you get any response to your request for PM's then don't reply to any unless they are from established members with lots of posts in this forum

We know that the ppcs do monitor here and have used forum posts in court
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th Jun 19, 9:31 AM
    • 7,860 Posts
    • 10,695 Thanks
    waamo
    Another problem with pms is that if the advice is wrong there is nobody to challenge it.

Given the parking companies get to see any defences in plenty of time I see little value in advice given by pm.
    This space for hire.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jun 19, 9:32 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    @ OP

You need to ask MSE to edit the quote in #4 above from archived user!!
    Last edited by Quentin; 17-06-2019 at 9:34 AM.
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 17th Jun 19, 9:35 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quinton715
    @ OP

You need to ask MSE to edit the quote in #4 above from archived user!!
    Originally posted by Quentin

Yes I have spotted, thank you.

So can I ask for some help here in regards to dates as I'm in a dilemma situation?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jun 19, 9:40 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    Please explain what you mean in wanting help re dates
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 17th Jun 19, 10:05 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quinton715
    Please explain what you mean in wanting help re dates

Going on from the situation were the driver involved was issued the parking fine on the 12/03, letters were going to the wrong address in regards to this hence no acknowledgement, the DVLA have confirmed the V5C logbook was sent to the DVLA on the 14/03 to change the address, received in the centre on 19/03, and officially changed and dated on 21/03. The driver involved officially moved on 17/03. The DVLA also confirmed the drivers' details were accessed on 14/03. So how would this stand up in regards to the judge making a decision in terms of who is at fault as the change of address was just going through as the fine was issued.

Just to note as this was registered through ANPR, the landlord from the old property was still sending on mail to the registered keeper well into April, no letters were passed over as notification of a parking fine issued.

Thanks,

Q
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jun 19, 10:12 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    No-one knows how your judge will act, but from what you say expect it to be ok

But have you not put in your set aside application yet?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jun 19, 10:14 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    Edit your name out of the OP
    • Quinton715
    • By Quinton715 17th Jun 19, 10:20 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quinton715
    No-one knows how your judge will act, but from what you say expect it to be ok

But have you not put in your set aside application yet?

No because I needed to get the info from the DVLA. If I request to pay the fine outright in full, can I pay to put aside also so it's done with?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th Jun 19, 10:25 AM
    • 7,860 Posts
    • 10,695 Thanks
    waamo
    You either pay it or set it aside. If it's paid then that's it. You have admitted you owe the money so there is nothing to set aside.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,068Posts Today

7,631Users online

Martin's Twitter