Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Locornwall
    • By Locornwall 21st May 19, 7:19 PM
    • 237Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Locornwall
    Considering buying a bungalow renovation
    • 21st May 19, 7:19 PM
    Considering buying a bungalow renovation 21st May 19 at 7:19 PM
    My partner and I are considering selling our nice new new build house and buying a bungalow, which needs renovation work doing. This will include reroofing, complete redesign of the interior walls, new electrics, gas, extension at the back and extending the loft conversion. I have never done this type of thing before and m therefore a little apprehensive. Can you give me any advice where I should start? The house was at the auction several times, however was withdrawn always prior to bidding. It was then shown as sold, however the estate agent said an old couple wanted to buy it, then realised a lot of work was needed. I also spoke to the auction house prior to this, who said there was possible subsidence problems. Since then a surveyor has done a survey and said that there does not appear to be a subsidence problem.

Any thoughts would be greatful
Page 2
    • marietteachrist
    • By marietteachrist 14th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marietteachrist
    Rennovating home have several benefits such as It increases home value, more living space, adds comfort, less future maintainence and personalization. Remodeling home structures like your floors, bathroom, kitchen or bedroom will provide added comfort to your home. Few days ago one of my friend has rennovated the home with new structures and also with electrical wiring
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 14th Jun 19, 12:19 PM
    • 29,496 Posts
    • 102,316 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Iíll be walking round with a builder next week and will update after that. Many thanks
    Originally posted by Locornwall
    Might be nice to do an update!
    Opportunities may be missed, especially when they arrive disguised as hard work.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,951Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter