Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 17th May 19, 8:08 PM
    • 1,088Posts
    • 244Thanks
    tazwhoever
    YouTube to MP3
    • 17th May 19, 8:08 PM
    YouTube to MP3 17th May 19 at 8:08 PM
    Are there any free YouTube to MP3 which are without pop ups? I use unblock and update Windows 7.

I want the site which is legit.

Thank you
Page 1
    • that
    • By that 17th May 19, 8:36 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    that
    • 17th May 19, 8:36 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:36 PM
    I have not used one for ages, but if you look at this site and read you will find the Aussies ire blocking them.

No idea if they have popups or not

https://torrentfreak.com/aussie-music-industry-wins-first-ever-stream-ripping-site-blocks-190516/
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 17th May 19, 8:38 PM
    • 9,012 Posts
    • 6,799 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 17th May 19, 8:38 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:38 PM
    Are there any free YouTube to MP3 which are without pop ups? I use unblock and update Windows 7.

I want the site which is legit.

Thank you
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    Yes but what is unblock
    But what is legit? There are many sites that are legit, but is it legitimate to rip off music without some payment, unless of course the you tube content you want is free of IP rights ...,feel free to discuss.
    Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 17th May 19, 8:56 PM
    • 11,886 Posts
    • 13,312 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 17th May 19, 8:56 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:56 PM
    This was discussed only a few days ago in the thread below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5999291

I'll repeat the disclaimer from that thread here:-

Disclaimer: the audio content of Youtube is not necessarily copyright-free, and even content that appears to be freely provided by copyright holders for streaming cannot be assumed to be copyright-free or otherwise licensed for download unless this is explicitly stated.

Other sites exist that do provide licensed or copyright-free content.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 17th May 19, 8:59 PM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    • 17th May 19, 8:59 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:59 PM
    When you watch something you like on you tube copy the you tube link to the site https://2conv.com/downloads/mp3/yt_ZCOSPtyZAPA/

It will convert it to MP3 and you can download a copy for yourself. You can only do this for copywrite free items legally but it works for anything.
    • unrecordings
    • By unrecordings 17th May 19, 9:35 PM
    • 754 Posts
    • 1,270 Thanks
    unrecordings
    • 17th May 19, 9:35 PM
    • 17th May 19, 9:35 PM
    This was discussed only a few days ago in the thread below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5999291

I'll repeat the disclaimer from that thread here:-

Disclaimer: the audio content of Youtube is not necessarily copyright-free, and even content that appears to be freely provided by copyright holders for streaming cannot be assumed to be copyright-free or otherwise licensed for download unless this is explicitly stated.

Other sites exist that do provide licensed or copyright-free content.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    That's a pretty misleading post
    Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 17th May 19, 10:02 PM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 1,452 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 17th May 19, 10:02 PM
    • 17th May 19, 10:02 PM
    Originally posted by unrecordings
    Why is it misleading?

Technically speaking we do not have a legal "get out" clause to make copies of stuff we buy for our own viewing/listening, which is contrary to some other countries. If you have a copy of a Beach Boys ditty or whatever you can't legally make a copy of it for your own personal use to listen in the car; you are supposed to buy another copy. Presumably the same principle applies to YouTube.

Of course what what you supposed to do and what you actually do are two entirely different things.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 17th May 19, 11:17 PM
    • 28,727 Posts
    • 15,929 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 17th May 19, 11:17 PM
    • 17th May 19, 11:17 PM
    I use any video converter myself. It converts many formats to many other formats. Including videos from youtube. You can even convert to an audio track like you want to.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 17th May 19, 11:21 PM
    • 11,886 Posts
    • 13,312 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 17th May 19, 11:21 PM
    • 17th May 19, 11:21 PM
    In what way?
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • unrecordings
    • By unrecordings 18th May 19, 6:10 AM
    • 754 Posts
    • 1,270 Thanks
    unrecordings
    In what way?
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    As a self proclaimed representative of MSE you seem to be inferring that streaming generally equals free of copyright - when that is not the case. The assumption has to be that copyright does exist unless specifically circumvented by something like Creative Commons

Think of when you have a plumber in - there's a nice bag of tools there within arms reach, but they belong to the plumber, not to you - you don't naturally assume that they're your tools - that's what I'm trying to get across

I'm not wanting to get into an argument with anyone here, ripping stuff from youtube/spotify/making copies of Beach Boys CDs or keeping that wrench the plumber left down the back of the toilet is down to personal conscience

Cornucopia, if you want to PM me I can explain my thinking in better detail without the emotion & interuption of a live forum
    Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 18th May 19, 7:37 AM
    • 11,886 Posts
    • 13,312 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    As a self proclaimed representative of MSE...
    To be clear: I am an appointed Board Guide.

... you seem to be inferring that streaming generally equals free of copyright - when that is not the case.
    Nope. I never said such a thing. In the context of Youtube, though, I think it is reasonable for an end-user to assume that if a piece of content is on the platform then it is available for streaming. My point was that even if it is reasonable to assume that content is available for streaming, that doesn't confer lack of copyright for other purposes like downloading.

The assumption has to be that copyright does exist unless specifically circumvented by something like Creative Commons
    Indeed.

Cornucopia, if you want to PM me I can explain my thinking in better detail without the emotion & interuption of a live forum
    Thanks, but that's unnecessary. I don't think we don't need an extended discussion of copyright to know what's what in the context of questions about content converters.

I was going to leave the thread with a clip of David Walliams seeking a "less pirate-y" option in the toy shop from Little Britain. But it is blocked for copyright violation - how appropriate.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 18-05-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,427Posts Today

6,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Can't believe my luck. Just got this email My name is Manuel Franco. I won $768.4m Lottery Jackpot. I have a don? https://t.co/OSYkS7tu2c

• It should be a poll. You are implying your view is the only view anyone can hold. Clearly the poll results show tha? https://t.co/ur0ejJ1fjB

• Today's Twitter Poll: Is milkshaking legitimate political protest or unacceptable thuggery? In recent weeks a few? https://t.co/hjCpu9zqwZ

• Follow Martin