Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paulfoel
    • By paulfoel 17th May 19, 7:15 PM
    • 5,517Posts
    • 2,566Thanks
    paulfoel
    0 WOW
    BA Codeshare with AA?
    • 17th May 19, 7:15 PM
    0 WOW
    BA Codeshare with AA? 17th May 19 at 7:15 PM
    OK, if I book a flight on BA website, its coming up as an American Airlines booking, albeit on a BA flight anyway.

Will I then have, in effect, booked with AA? i.e. any customer service issues I need to speak to AA not BA?

Reason is wife has mobility issues and BA are usually very good at sorting out seat assignments. Not so sure if its down to AA.
    Cymru am Byth !!!
Page 1
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 17th May 19, 8:34 PM
    • 2,977 Posts
    • 1,888 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 17th May 19, 8:34 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:34 PM
    OK, if I book a flight on BA website, its coming up as an American Airlines booking, albeit on a BA flight anyway.
    I'm not sure I understand? On the BA website, if it is a BA flight, it will have the British Airways logo. If it's showing the American Airlines logo, then it will be an American Airlines flight (even though it will have a BA**** flight number).

If you book on the British Airways website, then your booking will be with British Airways, and they handle the booking and all customer services. You will be able to choose seat assignments and request special assistant (if necessary) via BA. Although note that seat assignments (and whether they are chargeable etc will be down to American's policy)
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 18th May 19, 7:14 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    steve1500
    • 18th May 19, 7:14 AM
    • 18th May 19, 7:14 AM
    If it is an AA plane & you have booked through BA, then any issues will be via BA
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 18th May 19, 8:46 AM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 68,886 Thanks
    pollypenny
    • 18th May 19, 8:46 AM
    • 18th May 19, 8:46 AM
    When we book with BA to Philadelphia the link goes through to AA. we can usually choose our seats immediately.

We've always found them very helpful.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • paulfoel
    • By paulfoel 18th May 19, 10:59 AM
    • 5,517 Posts
    • 2,566 Thanks
    paulfoel
    • 18th May 19, 10:59 AM
    • 18th May 19, 10:59 AM
    Its booked on BA.com, coming up as AA operated buy BA (with a BA flight no)
    Cymru am Byth !!!
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 18th May 19, 4:43 PM
    • 2,977 Posts
    • 1,888 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 18th May 19, 4:43 PM
    • 18th May 19, 4:43 PM
    Its booked on BA.com, coming up as AA operated buy BA (with a BA flight no)
    Originally posted by paulfoel
    If it's showing as AA operated (i.e. it shows the American Airlines logo, and lists American under "Airline" in flight details) then it is an American Airlines flight. The BA flight number is just the codeshare.

As posted above, customer service for the booking would be handled by British Airways (including any special assistance requests etc). If you wish to choose seats, it will likely link you to the AA website where you'll be able to choose seats (subjects to American's T&Cs).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

486Posts Today

4,299Users online

Martin's Twitter